• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime Hilton Head Trade via II: Grand Ocean at 12 months out!

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to report that I just got confirmed into Marriott Grand Ocean for the week of July 13th 2018 via Interval using my week 28 Harbour Point unit. I just put the trade in on June 30th. So much for Interval being dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to report that I just got confirmed into Marriott Grand Ocean for the week of July 13th 2018 via Interval using my week 28 Harbour Point unit. I just put the trade in on June 30th. So much for Interval being dead.

Wow, thats a great trade...congrats

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
right place at the right time....that's a real coup, congratulations.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Did you place a request to get this exchange or find it manually?

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Did you place a request to get this exchange or find it manually?
This was a request first trade. This trade wouldn't be possible as a manual trade this far out. During flexchange, then yes.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought so.
So many posters complaining on II that they can't find exchanges, nothing is available, blah blah when searching manually.
I've always had success requesting- stayed at Grande Ocean spring school break 2 years ago.
Enjoy!

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Wow. Great exchange! I used a full 2BR MGV July 4th week last year (high TDI) and was unable to get Grande Ocean during June or July via Request First at 11 months out. I guess that extra month at 12 months helps. That's normally how I approach it, but missed by a month this last year for various reasons. I gave up after 6-7 months of waiting on an II exchange and ended up grabbing something else I could use. I still haven't been to GO and find it to be a hard summer exchange. Congrats on yours though! We'll get there eventually.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
When I need to sleep 8, I trade my fixed 3rd week in Aug Monarch to the Grand Ocean 2nd/3rd week July. I did this in 2015 for 16 and 16 for 17 with no problems. I also traded my 1 br lock off at Grand Chateau for 2 br at the Aruba SC for Aug 21st next month. To quote Mark Twain "The reports of my (II) death are greatly exaggerated".

I do have a question. This topic reminded me I need to exchange the Monarch into the GO next year again. In doing so, I noticed this comment during the process
"If you would like to use the Special MVCI Internal Exchange Option, please contact an Interval advisor at your service office". I never noticed this before, does anyone have an idea of what this means?

Thanks

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I need to sleep 8, I trade my fixed 3rd week in Aug Monarch to the Grand Ocean 2nd/3rd week July. I did this in 2015 for 16 and 16 for 17 with no problems. I also traded my 1 br lock off at Grand Chateau for 2 br at the Aruba SC for Aug 21st next month. To quote Mark Twain "The reports of my (II) death are greatly exaggerated".

I do have a question. This topic reminded me I need to exchange the Monarch into the GO next year again. In doing so, I noticed this comment during the process
"If you would like to use the Special MVCI Internal Exchange Option, please contact an Interval advisor at your service office". I never noticed this before, does anyone have an idea of what this means?

Thanks
The special internal Marriott trade allows you to search for weeks past your check in date if you do request first exchange. What normally happens with request first is that the request cancels out at 61 days before your check in date. You then have the option to either go back to your home resort or deposit the week and search if you don't want to go back to your home resort.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
The special internal Marriott trade allows you to search for weeks past your check in date if you do request first exchange. What normally happens with request first is that the request cancels out at 61 days before your check in date. You then have the option to either go back to your home resort or deposit the week and search if you don't want to go back to your home resort.

Thank you.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was great news and a very, very fast exchange into GO. Enjoy your week on the Island.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too. We got a July 6th check-in at the GO for a HP week 33 and a Monarch July 7th with a HP week 32. the first came through beyond 12 months which i didn't even think was possible and the other a few days within the 12 month window. Trying for a few more to have our second annual HHI family reunion.

I've said it before HP is one of the most under valued Marriott in the system. First we love our amazing view units and add to it they trade like champs.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got back from the GO, an exchange I did with my Monarch week (Garden view) Aug 19th. This year, last year and a few other times I have been fortunate to exchange into GO when I need to sleep 8. Like previous years, I call a week before and give a few building requests. Three out of four times I traded into the GO (all in July), I was able to get the Sand Castle (this time unit 8537). It had a nice pool view and a nice amount of ocean view over the trees. I know Marriott to Marriott trades are not as high in the pecking order as owners but maybe HHI to HHI comes next. What are other experiences trading Marriott HHI to Marriott HHI? While personally, I like the Monarch, it is really easy to understand why so many people like the GO... my adult kids included.