*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Presentation Incentives

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by abg1688, Feb 6, 2013.

1. abg1688

abg1688 TUG Member

What is the incentive now for just sit through a sales presentation for non-marriott owners? Thanks!

2. SueDonJ

SueDonJ Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
    Note: I moved this post from a thread dealing with the DC Points packages available for purchase. I hope TUGgers who have sat through a recent Marriott presentation will have answers for the OP.

3. BocaBoy

BocaBoy TUG Member

I don't think it differs from the incentive offered to non-Marriott owners. Each property has slightly different incentives. There is always an option to get MR points, usually 10,000 or 15,000, although they have been offering 20,000 recently at Oceana Palms. Often an option is to get gift cards or certificates to use at restaurants or retailers. They now also frequently offer some one-time use DC points as an incentive. Where would the OP be sitting through a sales presentation?

4. piper_chuck

piper_chuck Guest

At MOW we received a $25 gift certificate for Ruth's Chris along with a choice of a Kindle, $100 Marriott gift cert, or one other choice that I can't remember (I think it was a $75 gift cert at some local restaurants).

5. NEGreyhound

NEGreyhound TUG Member

At Ocean Pointe in Jan among others was a $125 Marriott credit. As well points were discounted back to original price from June 2010.
    At Grande Vista it was 2 rounds of golf (aprox.$115 each) for $30 that caught my attention. Ocean Pointe (Palms) was great but GV not so pleasant.

6. Snorkey

Snorkey Guest

Best incentive is in Cancun.

$450.

7. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    Sheraton Vistana Villages Bella
    Wow, that is a pretty big incentive? Who was it with? Very high pressure I am sure?

8. abg1688

abg1688 TUG Member

My friend is interested in sitting through presentation at grande vista, and would like to find out incentive.