• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Possible trip to Banff in October

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark has a seminar in late October for a few days and I thought I might tag along. We'll be staying at the Fairmont. Besides shopping :), is there other things for this wife to do to keep her occupied and away from boredom eating while he's busy?

Thanks!
Diane

PS I don't ski

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane, you will not be bored. Read my journals and you can see what we did. Lots of good ideas. It's on my forum. I also have pics of the area if you want to see them. I loved it. The area far exceeded my expectations and they were very high. shaggy

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
shagnut said:
Diane, you will not be bored. Read my journals and you can see what we did. Lots of good ideas. It's on my forum. I also have pics of the area if you want to see them. I loved it. The area far exceeded my expectations and they were very high. shaggy

Shaggy, where can we find these journals?

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's always the spa and of course touring around the area - Sept/Oct is a wonderful time in the mountains. The mobs of tourists are gone, there's a real crispness to the air - beautiful!

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie and Caribeansun.

I too need to know where to look for your journals. I think they might be at tstips.com.

Diane

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dianne, I have been out of town for a couple of days so missed the post. Go to timeshareforums.com Go to share your memories with Shaggy. Scroll down to the several days I wrote about my Canada trip. I am confused. Did I send you the link to my pics? shaggy

Strong1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go!

Dianne,

This is one of the most beautiful places on earth - you should definitely tag along (can I come too?!)

If you are into fitness - bring your hiking shoes and you can easily fill the time with different hikes. I believe the hotel even has a guide you can go with/use. If you are into pampering hit the spas and shopping.

Make sure to have afternoon tea in the hotel - a great experience.

The outdoor pool is amazing. When we were there, there was a lot of snow on the ground and the elk came right up to the pool. Our kids were blown away.

If you have a car, there are lots of great places you can do a short drive to.

Have a great time,
Colleen

Jameson18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heaven on earth

You'll never be bored in heaven, there is so much to see. God created this place to give us a glimpse of his kingdom, check out this website,
http://www.num-ti-jah.com/ ,it a an incredible lodge just north of lake louise....yu can try a overnight visit, you'll never forget this place.
One thing you should know about Banff in October, things slowdown a lot. A lot of the parks trails shutdown so hopefully you're going early enough to see as much as possible

barto

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of your options will depend on whether you have access to a vehicle or not. Quite a bit to do right in town, with some nice museums and historical sites. You can book a horseback ride, take a horse-drawn carriage (I think they would still do that in late Oct), rent a bike, find an Internet Cafe, eat your brains out at all the many restaurants (!), take in some entertainment at the Banff Centre, and so on.

Definitely a nice quiet time, as most tourists have moved on, and the skiers haven't arrived yet... :D

If you have a car, then you can drive to many other nice places - try searching for Banff and see what the archives bring you!

Bart

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, its me, Diane, not Dianne. :)

Shaggy, I just accessed and copied your trip info from your trip. Why did I think TSTips? :confused:

Barto, I won't have access to a car but may try a horseback ride, and Strong1, I am fit (I clog every week) so will take the hiking boots and hire a guide for a great work out and 'look see' as well! Perhaps I'll even pool it one day although I am a warm weather pool-gal and have a big problem with the chill factor from water to warmth!

Thanks everyone, from Diane and I think Dianne too!