*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Possible trip to Banff in October

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by DianeH, Mar 6, 2006.

1. DianeH

DianeH TUG Member

Mark has a seminar in late October for a few days and I thought I might tag along. We'll be staying at the Fairmont. Besides shopping :), is there other things for this wife to do to keep her occupied and away from boredom eating while he's busy?

Thanks!
    Diane

PS I don't ski

2. shagnut

shagnut TUG Member

Diane, you will not be bored. Read my journals and you can see what we did. Lots of good ideas. It's on my forum. I also have pics of the area if you want to see them. I loved it. The area far exceeded my expectations and they were very high. shaggy

3. JudyS

JudyS TUG Member

Shaggy, where can we find these journals?

4. caribbeansun

caribbeansun TUG Member

There's always the spa and of course touring around the area - Sept/Oct is a wonderful time in the mountains. The mobs of tourists are gone, there's a real crispness to the air - beautiful!

5. DianeH

DianeH TUG Member

Thanks Leslie and Caribeansun.

I too need to know where to look for your journals. I think they might be at tstips.com.

Diane

6. shagnut

shagnut TUG Member

Dianne, I have been out of town for a couple of days so missed the post. Go to timeshareforums.com Go to share your memories with Shaggy. Scroll down to the several days I wrote about my Canada trip. I am confused. Did I send you the link to my pics? shaggy

7. Strong1

Strong1 TUG Member

Go!

Dianne,

This is one of the most beautiful places on earth - you should definitely tag along (can I come too?!)

If you are into fitness - bring your hiking shoes and you can easily fill the time with different hikes. I believe the hotel even has a guide you can go with/use. If you are into pampering hit the spas and shopping.

Make sure to have afternoon tea in the hotel - a great experience.

The outdoor pool is amazing. When we were there, there was a lot of snow on the ground and the elk came right up to the pool. Our kids were blown away.

If you have a car, there are lots of great places you can do a short drive to.

Have a great time,
    Colleen

8. shagnut

shagnut TUG Member

Did you find the journals ok? Pics ok? shaggy

9. Jameson18

Jameson18 TUG Member

Heaven on earth

You'll never be bored in heaven, there is so much to see. God created this place to give us a glimpse of his kingdom, check out this website,
    http://www.num-ti-jah.com/ ,it a an incredible lodge just north of lake louise....yu can try a overnight visit, you'll never forget this place.
    One thing you should know about Banff in October, things slowdown a lot. A lot of the parks trails shutdown so hopefully you're going early enough to see as much as possible

10. barto

barto TUG Member

Many of your options will depend on whether you have access to a vehicle or not. Quite a bit to do right in town, with some nice museums and historical sites. You can book a horseback ride, take a horse-drawn carriage (I think they would still do that in late Oct), rent a bike, find an Internet Cafe, eat your brains out at all the many restaurants (!), take in some entertainment at the Banff Centre, and so on.

Definitely a nice quiet time, as most tourists have moved on, and the skiers haven't arrived yet... :D

If you have a car, then you can drive to many other nice places - try searching for Banff and see what the archives bring you!

Bart

11. DianeH

DianeH TUG Member

Hi all, its me, Diane, not Dianne. :)

Shaggy, I just accessed and copied your trip info from your trip. Why did I think TSTips? :confused:

Barto, I won't have access to a car but may try a horseback ride, and Strong1, I am fit (I clog every week) so will take the hiking boots and hire a guide for a great work out and 'look see' as well! Perhaps I'll even pool it one day although I am a warm weather pool-gal and have a big problem with the chill factor from water to warmth!

Thanks everyone, from Diane and I think Dianne too!