• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points Question

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
So here is the story:

I have enough points to book a 3 bed unit at Christmas with APR. I have another CWA contract that is in the progress of closing. Likely another 4-8 weeks till it closes.

APR will open up in 2 weeks but I only have enough points to get a 3 bed unit. I want a 4 bed pres. unit.

Question:
If I book the 3 bed and "hold" till my additional points come in in a few weeks. Once my CWA contract comes through. Can I call OC and if the resort has the 4 bed Pres. unit available can I cancel my existing reservation and rebook to get the larger unit?

Do the cancelled points go back to where they came from and can they be used to rebook with-in the APR window?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There has been talk that when you cancel a ARP reservations you can't use the returned points for ARP. I would like to know if that is true

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
There has been talk that when you cancel a ARP reservations you can't use the returned points for ARP. I would like to know if that is true

That was what I was concerned with. May be best to wait vs locking up a unit only wanting a larger one.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new to this - what does APR mean? Thanks

ARP - Advance Reservation Priority, the ability to book a room at your home resort before the masses can at the ten month mark. It begins at 13 months out, giving the home resort owners three month advance priority for those units.

And, yes, if you cancel a reservation, the points lose their ARP ability. They are simply points at that time.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
you cant combine your cwa and bonnet creek points for one reservation

I would make the 3 bedroom as soon as you can with the bonnet creek points and when the cwa points come in and if the 4 bedroom is available and assuming you have enough cwa points make that reservation... and then cancel the 3 bedroom

If you need the additional room, keep the 3 bedroom and add a one bedroom when you get your new points

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
you cant combine your cwa and bonnet creek points for one reservation

I would make the 3 bedroom as soon as you can with the bonnet creek points and when the cwa points come in and if the 4 bedroom is available and assuming you have enough cwa points make that reservation... and then cancel the 3 bedroom

If you need the additional room, keep the 3 bedroom and add a one bedroom when you get your new points

All my contracts are CWA and new one is CWA

Reservation would be at bonnet Creek with APR

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

You would have to wait for the 10 month mark regardless of ARP CWA or whatever. Once you cancel the 3 bdrm, your original points used for the 3 bdrm cannot be combined with the other CWA points contract to book under the ARP window

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Still don't think you can combine to get to the 4BPR unit ARP. One of the contracts will have to be large enough to cover the points needed for the 4BPR ARP reservation. They don't let you add two contracts together to cover a single large ARP reservation.

At least, they didn't used to so why would that change?

At 10-months, that all changes.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Still don't think you can combine to get to the 4BPR unit ARP. One of the contracts will have to be large enough to cover the points needed for the 4BPR ARP reservation. They don't let you add two contracts together to cover a single large ARP reservation.

At least, they didn't used to so why would that change?

At 10-months, that all changes.

That's not my experience. I have several smaller contracts that all have ARP in the Myrtle Beach regional ARP. I've used them together for an ARP reservation. A person with multiple CWA contracts (in the same account) should definitely be able to use them together for ARP.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's not my experience. I have several smaller contracts that all have ARP in the Myrtle Beach regional ARP. I've used them together for an ARP reservation. A person with multiple CWA contracts (in the same account) should definitely be able to use them together for ARP.
I agree, but Wyndham now has enforced the points coming back from a cancelled reservation can no longer be used for a second ARP reservation. So his second contract must be enough to cover a 4bdrm

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I agree, but Wyndham now has enforced the points coming back from a cancelled reservation can no longer be used for a second ARP reservation. So his second contract must be enough to cover a 4bdrm

this was my concern

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

I wasn't speaking to that. I may have misread, but I thought a prior poster was simply saying you couldn't combine multiple contracts to make an ARP reservation ("They don't let you add two contracts together to cover a single large ARP reservation"). That has not been my experience. If the OP were to simply wait and not use the first contract for ARP, and the second contract closes still within the ARP period, those contracts could be combined for an ARP reservation if it's still available, is all I was saying.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't speaking to that. I may have misread, but I thought a prior poster was simply saying you couldn't combine multiple contracts to make an ARP reservation ("They don't let you add two contracts together to cover a single large ARP reservation"). That has not been my experience. If the OP were to simply wait and not use the first contract for ARP, and the second contract closes still within the ARP period, those contracts could be combined for an ARP reservation if it's still available, is all I was saying.

CWA and CWP rules for ARP might be slightly different. Apparently if you have multiple CWP contract, according CWP owners, they will let you combine smaller CWA contacts for a single large ARP.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA and CWP rules for ARP might be slightly different. Apparently if you have multiple CWP contract, according CWP owners, they will let you combine smaller CWA contacts for a single large ARP.

club wymdham plus is the same at least it was when I made mardi gras reservations last year.. I have multiple small La Belle Maison contracts and they were treated as one big pile of points

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
club wymdham plus is the same at least it was when I made mardi gras reservations last year.. I have multiple small La Belle Maison contracts and they were treated as one big pile of points

Dang, Ron ... I think that comment might be a 'kiss of death' .... will edit mine if you edit yours.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your LaBelle contracts are probably all converted FW units which fall under the "Float/Flex Week" category. ARP rule for those is "equal to unit type and season of their converted week deeded on the contract." LaBelle contracts have float options?

UDI contracts ARP rule is "up to the amount of points available on the contract at their home resort."

The above are the CWP ARP rules. Not CWA.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your LaBelle contracts are probably all converted FW units which fall under the "Float/Flex Week" category. ARP rule for those is "equal to unit type and season of their converted week deeded on the contract." LaBelle contracts have float options?

UDI contracts ARP rule is "up to the amount of points available on the contract at their home resort."

The above are the CWP ARP rules. Not CWA.

Labella is all UDI and CWA. And by the way both are part of club Wyndham plus as are the converted fixed weeks

Avenue plaza is a combination of weeks, Worldmark, CWA and some converted fixed weeks

When I make my ARP reservations at labelle Maison they draw from all my labelle contracts in one account as if they were one contract, no matter the rule

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Labella is all UDI and CWA. And by the way both are part of club Wyndham plus as are the converted fixed weeks

Avenue plaza is a combination of weeks, Worldmark, CWA and some converted fixed weeks

When I make my ARP reservations at labelle Maison they draw from all my labelle contracts in one account as if they were one contract, no matter the rule

So, to be clear, you are saying that CWP and CWA are the same club with the same ARP rules?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, to be clear, you are saying that CWP and CWA are the same club with the same ARP rules?

No, not the same club, rather a club within a club... I think when you say Club Wyndham Plus, you mean to say club wyndham select

Club Wyndham Plus (Fairshare Trust) is one of Wyndhams points based timeshare brands

Club Wyndham Access is a club within Club Wyndham Plus, The other 3 clubs in Club Wyndham Plus are Club Wyndham Select, Presidential Reserve and Margaretaville

When you have referred to Club Wyndham Plus, I think you really mean Club Wyndham Select

See the directory page 367 and following for a better description

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not the same club, rather a club within a club... I think when you say Club Wyndham Plus, you mean to say club wyndham select

Club Wyndham Plus (Fairshare Trust) is one of Wyndhams points based timeshare brands

Club Wyndham Access is a club within Club Wyndham Plus, The other 3 clubs in Club Wyndham Plus are Club Wyndham Select, Presidential Reserve and Margaretaville

When you have referred to Club Wyndham Plus, I think you really mean Club Wyndham Select

See the directory page 367 and following for a better description

Thank you for explaining to me exactly I mean to say.

That now being clarified, are you also saying that ARP rules are applied the same, regardless of the contract type? Previous posts alluded that if you have multiple CWA contracts and multiple UDI (non-CWA) contracts, all at the same location, all in the same owner account, then they all get the same ARP rule application when employed.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
So here is the story:

I have enough points to book a 3 bed unit at Christmas with APR. I have another CWA contract that is in the progress of closing. Likely another 4-8 weeks till it closes.

APR will open up in 2 weeks but I only have enough points to get a 3 bed unit. I want a 4 bed pres. unit.

I have successfully used the following strategy when I wanted a 2 bedroom Royal Garden week reservation which required 500k points, and I only had 308k APR points. I used the 308k points to book what I felt would be the hardest days to get, which were the weekend days. The hope was that at 10 months I would find the remaining weekdays, which I did. By the way, there are only two 2 bedroom units in the entire Royal Garden resort.

So for you, book as many 4 bedroom pres days that you can, choosing the most difficult days, probably the 23rd, 24th, & 25th first. Then hope that at 10 months, you will be able to get the rest of the days that you want.

Good luck. Jim

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I have successfully used the following strategy when I wanted a 2 bedroom Royal Garden week reservation which required 500k points, and I only had 308k APR points. I used the 308k points to book what I felt would be the hardest days to get, which were the weekend days. The hope was that at 10 months I would find the remaining weekdays, which I did. By the way, there are only two 2 bedroom units in the entire Royal Garden resort.

So for you, book as many 4 bedroom pres days that you can, choosing the most difficult days, probably the 23rd, 24th, & 25th first. Then hope that at 10 months, you will be able to get the rest of the days that you want.

Good luck. Jim

had not thought of that Jim I'll give it a try. Thanks

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You can ARP less than a full week, can't you. If so, then can you ARP the harder 4 days, then when your next CWA contract come in ARP the other 3 days.

Will that not work?