• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points Credit Pool - What Happens to Cancelled Pooled Points?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How do you mean credit pooling (I assume you mean the initial "deposit" action) is implemented inconsistently?

Every time I have done it, I call and request X amount of next year's points be pooled. They charge my credit card and we are done.

Is there something different or inconsistent for those Gold/Platinum VIPs who can pool current Year points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my expericence when I credited pooled my 2017 points last year - I had to do so before the end of December as I had a Apr-Mar use year:
1) The first time I called (just to check to be sure I could) - the VC was going to do it on the spot (said she had the screen up - and could do x amount of points right then. I did not have her execute the transaction - I wanted time to review and be sure I was crediting pools the numbers I wanted. At this point I was testing the waters since many were reporting points audits and long turnaround time for credit pooling.
2) I called back in a few days to execute the transaction-- the VC could not do it. Said that due to cancellations my housekeeping points were short (it was not since my last call - I had no activity in my account between those calls). She said no worries - since HK are unlimited for VIP Platinum. However - she said in order for the credit pooling to work correctly the housekeeping points needed to be there or the system would try to charge me. Thus a request was sent (somewhere) to adjust my housekeeping credits.
3) 3 days later I got an email (pasted at bottom of this). At that point I called and they credit pooled my points (while I was on the phone) as requested.
4) Since we have to wait til the next day to see if they got it right - the saga continued. The correct amount was not credit pooled. The credit pooling was short some points - it was exactly number that I have in one contract (so I'm sure they sure they just missed that). Uncle -- I was close enough and let it go with the numbers completed on the earlier call. Overall points balanced - number of points credit pooled was not correct.

I've read different flavors over the last few months. It's pretty scarey to request an audit (of any sort). And thankfully that seemed to work out just fine. Here's the email I received after my housekeeping credits were adjusted. :

Dear "owner name",

We have received your request regarding your recent inquiry about your point status. Your account has now been updated. Housekeeping Credits have been corrected on your account. This change may take up to 24 hours to reflect online, but the points are now available to book.

If you would like to book a new reservation please log in to myclubwyndham.com or contact the Club Wyndham Vacation Planning Center at 1-800-251-8736. This message comes from an automated mailbox, but any questions regarding these changes can be answered by the contact center or through the website contact form.

Thank you,
Club Wyndham

iaminak

Reaction score
2) I called back in a few days to execute the transaction-- the VC could not do it. Said that due to cancellations my housekeeping points were short (it was not since my last call - I had no activity in my account between those calls). She said no worries - since HK are unlimited for VIP Platinum. However - she said in order for the credit pooling to work correctly the housekeeping points needed to be there or the system would try to charge me. Thus a request was sent (somewhere) to adjust my housekeeping credits.

This is what happened to me when I called at the end of Dec to pool some of my 2017 points. They told me I was short HK points and would need to pay $60+ to buy more HK points to pool them all. I had plenty of HK points so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and then ended up talking to someone in owner care to get it resolved. Took 4.5 hours but they pooled them all and said they would now have to do a points audit to make sure everything was done correctly so I might be contacted again.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is what happened to me when I called at the end of Dec to pool some of my 2017 points. They told me I was short HK points and would need to pay $60+ to buy more HK points to pool them all. I had plenty of HK points so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and then ended up talking to someone in owner care to get it resolved. Took 4.5 hours but they pooled them all and said they would now have to do a points audit to make sure everything was done correctly so I might be contacted again.

4.5 hours!!! o_O

I thought my 1 hr/45 minutes on the phone Saturday was bad. Was on with a VC (and supporting supervisors) to straighten out a reservation they booked and then couldn't find. They never found it but some department somewhere is going to keep looking for it. :wall: I suspect it got booked in someone else's account (but I'll never know - just know it's not in mine).

Today it took over 10 minutes to update an owner name on an existing reservation. Newer VC's aren't authorized to do the override and so we hold while they call a supervisor.

Seems like an awful lot of new people who aren't authorized to do anything. Nice as could be, but it's getting old.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I thought Ron or someone else said that a lot of the more experienced VC's have been pulled to work on the frozen accounts with the auditing. Supposedly the most knowledgeable and experienced VC's work the presidential reserve number I call. I've noticed since the freeze that I've been getting VC's that I've never talked with before and they aren't very knowledgeable. I've even had to ask one to double check with a supervisor about something he/she told me.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I thought Ron or someone else said that a lot of the more experienced VC's have been pulled to work on the frozen accounts with the auditing. Supposedly the most knowledgeable and experienced VC's work the presidential reserve number I call. I've noticed since the freeze that I've been getting VC's that I've never talked with before and they aren't very knowledgeable. I've even had to ask one to double check with a supervisor about something he/she told me.
I call the VIP Platinum line (should be almost as good as the reserve :)). Remember a while back someone said there were a bunch of layoffs? I hope they didn't clean house and bring in all these newbies - but that's sure how it's been feeling lately.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Good that people are keeping a close eye on this.

It usually works as it should (that's my overall take on this). But it doesn't always. Makes it harder for an (already struggling) IT team to figure out the issues. I suspect it has to do with VC's not correctly credit pooling points when you first credit pool (and thus the additional red tape we're seeing these days when people want to credit pool). I credit pooled in early December, booked and cancelled, and the points came back to my current use year as regular use year points. I'm also seeing it work correctly other times (as you have noted, as well). I do think (much) more often than not that it is working.

As a side note - the process today to credit pool does not seem to be implemented consistently. Depends on who answers the phone. Imagine that? Wyndham not being consistent?

You have to be able to duplicate an issue before you can fix it. This is where Wyndham seems to fall short. Bandaids rarely work. In my 35+ years of IT experience wishful thinking just doesn't seem to work out - ever.

Neither does crossing fingers and throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. I've been in IT for 22 years. Very long years it sometimes seem.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
How do you mean credit pooling (I assume you mean the initial "deposit" action) is implemented inconsistently?

Every time I have done it, I call and request X amount of next year's points be pooled. They charge my credit card and we are done.

Is there something different or inconsistent for those Gold/Platinum VIPs who can pool current Year points?

For us normal owners, we have to add the future years points to the credit pool by Dec 31st of the previous year. For VIPs, they are given extra time. It depends on the level, but Platinum gets until September. So If I was platinum VIP, I could pool my 2017 points in August of 2017 if i wanted to.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For us normal owners, we have to add the future years points to the credit pool by Dec 31st of the previous year. For VIPs, they are given extra time. It depends on the level, but Platinum gets until September. So If I was platinum VIP, I could pool my 2017 points in August of 2017 if i wanted to.

Yes, I understand all that, and as a Silver VIP I am stuck with the "regular" rules. Just didn't know if that was a potential reason why Sandi Bo said the process was inconsistent. Sounds like it was all tied to erroneous housekeeping credit accounting by Wyndham. Otherwise, the process worked as it should.