• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Deposited a platinum Marriott Manor Club studio and placed request for Marriott Cypress Harbor for October, as the resort has only 2 bedroom units. We matched the next day and purchased ePlus, hoping to trade later for Marriott Lakeshore Reserve (our favorite).

This morning we scored a 2 bedroom at Lakeshore Reserve!! :banana:

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deposited a platinum Marriott Manor Club studio and placed request for Marriott Cypress Harbor for October, as the resort has only 2 bedroom units. We matched the next day and purchased ePlus, hoping to trade later for Marriott Lakeshore Reserve (our favorite).

This morning we scored a 2 bedroom at Lakeshore Reserve!! :banana:

Awesome!!!!!!!!

And I'll post my awesome upcoming trade as a 2 bedroom at Lakeshore for 4th of July week. I got that with an OGS with my Foxrun week, done about a year in advance.

We have an XYZ at Cypress Harbour in Oct. We've never stayed there and DH is really keen to try it out.

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Playa Linda 4/2017

Just reserved a 1 bedroom at the Playa Linda in Aruba for April 2017.:)

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used a flex deposit Marriott Grande Vista to grab an online exchange into Marriott's Harbour Point in Hilton Head this month:cheer::banana:

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Online requests filled : Marriott Ko Olina 1 br Dec 18-25 (1 br used to trade) and studio Dec 25-Jan 1 (studio used to trade)! Second year of fills over Christmas holidays for Ko Olina! Last year traded 2 br for 2br Ko Olina over Christmas.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I exchanged a studio unit at Star Island for Marriott Custom House for Thanksgiving week this fall. We're all pretty excited.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
One of my favorite (three) exchanges...

Three consecutive last minute weeks (back in May) at Marriott's Ko Olina into 2BR ocean view units, using a low-value trader.

Love Ko Olina - you can get the same right now for Sept - Oct consecutive weeks (4 ?) in 2 br units using studios

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
One of my favorite (three) exchanges...

Three consecutive last minute weeks (back in May) at Marriott's Ko Olina into 2BR ocean view units, using a low-value trader.

Michael, you inspire me, I have been searching every morning prior to work and every evening when I get home to see if I can upgrade what I traded into in Hawaii for next year...

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
A last-minute confirmation (about 22 days out) into a 1BR at Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge for 13 TPU, checking in 8/2. Just sitting there in inventory at the end of the usual RCI Weekend outage.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Got a 2 bedroom at Lagoon Tower HHV for next May.
Got a 2 bedroom Hyatt in Key West for week before Christmas.
I'm happy. :whoopie:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
A last-minute confirmation (about 22 days out) into a 1BR at Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge for 13 TPU, checking in 8/2. Just sitting there in inventory at the end of the usual RCI Weekend outage.

Wow nice catch

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a 2 bedroom at Lagoon Tower HHV for next May.
We'll be there just a little bit later. We have a 2-week trip planned, first in a 3BR Penthouse at Lagoon Tower at the end of June, then to the Big Island for a 2BR in Kings Land first week of July. The penthouse was pricey in terms of TPU (low-mid 50s, IIRC) but that's okay.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just wandering around in the II inventory and saw a May 6, 2017 week in Sanibel Island at the Lighthouse Resort and Club so I grabbed it. We've never been to Sanibel or Captiva and it's on my list of places I'd like to go. I'm sure this isn't the most glamorous resort but it looks reasonably nice and the two bedroom units are over 2000 SF. Sounds good to me!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Polly, We just visited friends at Casa YBel in Sanibel. Our first time there too. I remember seeing Lighthouse Resort, no worries, all of Sanibel is beautiful! That sounds like a good trade to me!
Silentg

fox4mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lighthouse Beach and Resort

Hi Polly,
That was my week you got on Sanibel. I just deposited it! Its unit 101. I am glad a TUGGER got it! Mel :)

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Polly,
That was my week you got on Sanibel. I just deposited it! Its unit 101. I am glad a TUGGER got it! Mel :)

WOW! That is so cool!!!!!!!! Thanks! I wonder if I grabbed it before it could match to an ongoing search, or whether few people have ongoing searches for mid 2017.

Will we be assigned the unit you deposited? Or a random unit determined at check in?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW! That is so cool!!!!!!!! Thanks! I wonder if I grabbed it before it could match to an ongoing search, or whether few people have ongoing searches for mid 2017.

Will we be assigned the unit you deposited? Or a random unit determined at check in?

I saw it 3 days ago http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230086
I saw it this morning too but I didn't report it because I though that it was still the same unit.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Polly,

I saw it 3 days ago http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230086
I saw it this morning too but I didn't report it because I though that it was still the same unit.

Interesting. I don't think I saw it, and the post headline didn't say where the resort was located. Not being familiar with the resort's name, I wouldn't guess it was on Sanibel.

fox4mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lighthouse Resort

Polly, you will be assigned in unit 101. No need to use the elevator. They have a nice pool and whirlpool. Unit is a monster in size! Cross the street to go to the beach. I traded thru II and stayed at Shell Island which is very nice, but I had to make a dozen trips carrying my stuff up to second floor as they have no elevators. The best thing. about May is the weather, IMHO. Its not super hot like it is now. Be sure to have seafood at Grandma Dot's. Yummy! Have fun! Mel

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Polly, congrats grabbing that week In Sanibel . Never understand how II works. I actually had a request in for that resort, that timeframe. My week I trade gets me Marriotts and Captiva in the past but I guess not sanibel. II probably didn't think my week was high enough to get the trade and put it in the open inventory. The area is lovely, my favorite area to visit. I call it the American carribean.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 30,000 Wyndham points on deposit with RCI that I was just going to let expire. Thanks to a sighting on TUG I was able to use them for a week in Chicago at the Hotel Blake! I don't know anything about the place but it looks nice on line and the price was right :)

I also got an exchange for a Feb ski week into a 1 bedroom at my husband's favorite resort of all time- (I love it too) Grande Lodge at Peak 7. :cheer:

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 1bdr Jul week at kings creek exchanged for a July 2bdr at presidential villas at plantation resort surfside beach sc. :whoopie:
A 1bdr Aug week at kings creek exchanged for an Aug 2bdr at Myrtle beach HGVC :whoopie:
A Hotel unit Jun week at Oceans Landing for Marriott Mayflower Hotel Sept week :whoopie:

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just got Tortuga 2 br, Sanibal Island, August 26 to sept 2, 2016 with a pending request using Cold Springs, NH same week/year. It only took a few weeks.

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a Branson Willow Ridge studio (July 4th week) that I traded for Branson Welk Timber Ridge 1BR (early June). I called to check for east coast, and was able to re-trade it to HHI Marriott Grande Ocean 2BR for mid-June. The agent said he had never seen that before. I paid two exchange fees, but it was well worth it to me!