• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a wonderful week in the Four Seasons Aviara that I got on a flexchange with my weakly traded Cypress Harbour week from a few years ago (before we knew what we were doing)! Still can't believe our luck. I didn't even know Four Seasons was an option in Interval but it just popped up on one lucky refresh.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Christmas 2014? That's terrific if you already have plane fare etc in place.
Christmas 2015 would be an exceptionally terrific exchange. We just got back from there on Monday. I miss it so much. Lucky, lucky, lucky YOU!!!

Yes 2014, thanks. It was a surprise it came through but anything is possible. For the past 3 years I have always seen last minute availability for Christmas and New Years for Maui at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve right now (Thanksgiving week) in a 1 bedroom, and I ran into a TUGger here on a 2 bedroom exchange. The other great ones we have lined up currently are XYZ week here at Lakeshore in a 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge over March spring break (RCI), here at Lakeshore for the 2nd week in June (AC) and July 4th (regular week exchange) both of those 2 bedrooms. We love Lakeshore and trade for it whenever we can!

Our underlying trade week is a resort called Foxrun. We use one of those weeks a year and the rest are AC and XYZ. In RCI we have Wyndham points.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Woke up to see my online request filled for a 2 br Ko Olina OV unit from Dec 19-26 using my 2 br Royal Palms! Forgot I had the request in there and boom it got filled! Placing a request in for New Years and curious if it will get filled.

Do you purchase the airline tickets in advance to make this economically feasible?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Went With Platinum Interchange After Giving Up On Last Call & Instant Exchange, Etc.

For the 2015 edition of what has become our traditional 2-week after-Christmas timeshare vacation in Florida, we went with rental bargains snagged via Platinum Interchange.

Maybe a nice RCI Instant Exchange or Last Call or special deal on Extra Vacation Getaway would have shown up in time for us to snag 1 of those. Mox nix. We got tired of waiting & called up Platinum Interchange.

They fixed us up with back-to-back 2BR-2BA weeks at Magic Tree in Kissimmee FL. We stayed in a Magic Tree 1BR unit in January 2014 that we liked lots -- surprisingly so in that Magic Tree is a converted motel rather than typical Orlando purpose-built timeshare. (Details are in our review over at the TUG Resort Reviews section).

Seasoned & knowledgeable TUG folks have described Magic Tree as a hidden gem. After our week there last January, we know why.

This will be our 1st experience with back-to-back weeks at the same timeshare. In the past, we always switched to another timeshare resort at the end of Week One during our 2-week vacation. Here's hoping our experience next month does not give us cabin fever.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just nabbed a 2 bedroom Hyatt Main Street Station in Breckenridge for Easter week with my Foxrun 2 bedroom. My kids' spring break. Not flexchange, obviously.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just nabbed a 2 bedroom Hyatt Main Street Station in Breckenridge for Easter week with my Foxrun 2 bedroom. My kids' spring break. Not flexchange, obviously.

That is a wonderful exchange! All of these people dumping Foxrun do not know what value the resort provides for exchanges and bonus AC's. It's a great trader in II. I am amazed at how many people are giving away Foxrun. They are nuts!

Yolie912

TUG Member
Reaction score

Cool! Was it an on ongoing request?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just received via ongoing search, a confirmaion to Marriott's Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes. Exchanged with a Willow Ridge studio, 4/17! Of course those are all 2 bedrooms. Pretty decent exchange! Too bad I already confirmed Disney's Hilton Head that week.

lifesabeach101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
River Point, Napa, CA 2 bedroom.

Ocean Landings sleep 2 (2 weeks).
timeshare with the "most bang for the buck"

Hi fellow tuggers! I have been inactive since 2009. I missed my friends at tug and all the helpful info. I learned everything I know about timesharing101 here at TUG many many moons ago.

Please bear with me as I relearn the rules and my apologies to the admin if I misstep in any way shape or form. Feel free to delete or reprimand, lol

My question is which do you guys think are the timeshares with the "most bang for the buck" and get gold when trading that have the cheapest maint fees for trading with II or RCI. Note they do not have to be a 5 star or GC either. I want to hear what trades you got and how much it cost in maintenance fees (not exchange fees as we all know how much RCI and II charge).

I will start with a few of my favorite trades.

II , 2 bedroom Marriot Ko olina, oahu using Ocean Landings hotel unit $177 mainentance fee.

II, 3 bedroom Marriott Ko lina using 1 bed Marriot green week Vale, Co $350 maintenance fee.

RCI, 1 bedroom Manhatten club using villa del palmar PV 1 bed bonus week $250.

As savvy timeshare owners I would love to hear your "table pounding" trades!

Tia, Lisa (buffmom ).

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Lisa - Welcome back!

We have a very similar on-going thread, so I moved your post to that thread.

lifesabeach101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
River Point, Napa, CA 2 bedroom.

Ocean Landings sleep 2 (2 weeks).
thanks

Thanks Denise

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
i dont know if this its great but for me it its 1 2br mountainside at massanutten for a 2 br in Grand Luxxe

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
2BR Suites of Hershey 7/3/15 week confirmed outside of flexchange for 4/26/15 1BR Harborside at Atlantis :cheer:

Leaving in less than 3 weeks :cheer::cheer:

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We will be at Westin Kauai (WPORV) next month in a two bedroom unit. We traded our one bedroom Sheraton Broadway Plantation which had MF's of $543 this year.

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded into a 2-bedroom unit in June at Bolton Valley in Vermont. Lousy time to go to Vermont for most people: no skiing, too cold still for swimming. But our daughter who lives within walking distance of the condo will-hopefully-have had her third child a week before we check in. We're looking forward to a week of spoiling the other two grandkids, and getting to know the third! That makes it a great trade for us.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Ocean Views are beautiful..even in April!

I knew that this was a good exchange, but now that we're here...I'm going to say it's bordering on GREAT! We traded our week 14 at Cold Spring Resort for this week at Samoset Resort. (April break didn't line up with week 14 this year, and in fact, Cold Spring is closed next week for their twice yearly maintenance week...so we trade!) We've got ocean views from every window, a full schedule of children's craft activities, and enough space for the 6 of us. It's a little smaller unit than we're used to, but we'll make it work. The view is that amazing! I know that many of you don't like RCI, but goodness...experiences like this make a believer out of me! Looking forward to the week!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I knew that this was a good exchange, but now that we're here...I'm going to say it's bordering on GREAT! We traded our week 14 at Cold Spring Resort for this week at Samoset Resort. (April break didn't line up with week 14 this year, and in fact, Cold Spring is closed next week for their twice yearly maintenance week...so we trade!) We've got ocean views from every window, a full schedule of children's craft activities, and enough space for the 6 of us. It's a little smaller unit than we're used to, but we'll make it work. The view is that amazing! I know that many of you don't like RCI, but goodness...experiences like this make a believer out of me! Looking forward to the week!

So great! We exchanged there 8 years ago (our Vermont floater week) actually the first week of April and we loved it as well. We went to Camden and to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor (don't miss it-make the drive!). I will never forget that trip. My husband's sister died the week before (terrible- young- 60 years old)and we went from the funeral to Samoset afterwards- very strange feeling. Then- with all the chaos- I forgot to pack underwear for myself and we had to buy it at Rite Aid on Easter Sunday in Rockport! LOL!
Anyway- have a great time!:)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We traded into a 2-bedroom unit in June at Bolton Valley in Vermont. Lousy time to go to Vermont for most people: no skiing, too cold still for swimming. But our daughter who lives within walking distance of the condo will-hopefully-have had her third child a week before we check in. We're looking forward to a week of spoiling the other two grandkids, and getting to know the third! That makes it a great trade for us.

I know what you mean, but I consider that a great trade as well! When I trade into a NH resort close to where our only child lives- I am ecstatic! Plus- I love Vermont and consider any trade I can get there to be golden!

That said, the past 2 years I have been able to exchange through DAE and Trading Places- our Vermont floater week (Nov and late Oct) for Sept. in NH (at South Mountain and Pollard Brook) for when the Scottish Highland Games are going on! Absolutely awesome!:banana:

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at Bolton Valley before, while it is a nice place I found the 4 mile ride up the mountain road a bit treacherous ! The ride down is even scarier! Check your brakes!
The timeshare itself is very nice! Enjoy your grandchildren, have a great time! Not meaning to scare you, just drive careful!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We stayed at Bolton Valley before, while it is a nice place I found the 4 mile ride up the mountain road a bit treacherous ! The ride down is even scarier! Check your brakes!
The timeshare itself is very nice! Enjoy your grandchildren, have a great time! Not meaning to scare you, just drive careful!

Now I really want to check this one out! LOL!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
WooHoo scored an exchange during FLEX into Marriott Oceanwatch for the last full week in June :cheer:

We had an impressive one night stay last December during our 1st visit - http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221654
I'm really looking forward to our upcoming trip :banana: :banana: