• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please help with II exchange. New owner

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
hey guys. I own 81000 star options and I am a member of the vsn network. I own 2 br platinum in Orlando villages. If I have not used any options this year and I deposit in II how many weeks can I get ?? Just 1 ? Or how does it work. I am confused.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you deposit a 2 bdm/1 week - you can request a 2 bdm/1 week. The Staroptions do not come into play with II.

Another option is to roll the Staroptions over to 2018.

*If you own a 2 bdm. lock-off, you can split it and deposit each side separately, but the 2 bdm. will have better trading power.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
So I can't get more than one unit on exchange Even if I owned like 160k star options. ?? It is always one week right ?

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
For some reason I was under the understanding that if I have a two bedroom unit I could conceivably get two studios.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The Staroptions do not transfer to II. You are depositing a week, and you can exchange it for a week. If you own a 2 bdm. lock-off, you can split it and deposit each side separately, but the 2 bdm. will have better trading power.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
OK how about this example. What if I use 37,000 of my 81,000 options. Can I still exchange it and I I after I use part of my star options

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No - You have to deposit the entire 7 night week. There are no other options.

I think it has a lot more value if you roll the Staroptions over to use in Vistana in 2018, and it's cheaper. II trades start at $139, not including e-trade, insurance, etc.

Also - your week has more trading value with Vistana - Florida timeshares do no thave the top trading power in II, because Florida has more supply than demand.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
So let me ask you this then. It said I had the option to do daily stays like Monday through five Friday. How do I break it up by days. If I am a gold member or higher with interval

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can't break up the week - you deposit the entire week, and then you look for short stays in the II inventory that you can trade for. I honestly don't know if you can do this with a Vistana II Acct. - I've never done it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have flex options, then you need to go according to the flex option chart as to what constitutes a 1BR or studio and you can deposit them (Flex Options) into II according to the chart. I believe Denise was replying to you without realizing that you have Flex Options.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you have flex options, then you need to go according to the flex option chart as to what constitutes a 1BR or studio and you can deposit them (Flex Options) into II according to the chart. I believe Denise was replying to you without realizing that you have Flex Options.
The OP indicated that they owned a 2BR in Orlando at Vistana Villages. I think we need a confirmation of what the OP actually is referring to.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
So you are saying since i have flex... that I can get multiple weeks for example... a studio is 20k points on interval and I have 81000 Flex option... i could get 4 weeks in a studio? plus the 189 each time??

sorry if i sound ignorant...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So you are saying since i have flex... that I can get multiple weeks for example... a studio is 20k points on interval and I have 81000 Flex option... i could get 4 weeks in a studio? plus the 189 each time??

sorry if i sound ignorant...
Flex is a specific product that Vistana sells. We don't know what you own. Only you know that. If you own Flex options, the rules are different. If you own an actual deeded week, then what Denise is saying is correct. When did you buy from Vistana?

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
3 months .. 81000 options.. FLEX... deeded at 6 resorts... I am a member of the VSN network...I though I stated at the beginning that i had star options and was a member of the network... sorry..

thanks for the help guys

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay. That clarifies things. I don't know how Flex Options work when deposited in to II. It is a pretty new program and not many people here have bought in. You really are better to bank your options over to 2018 if you can. I don't know if banking deadlines are the same for Flex as they are for weeks. You may be best to talk to Owner Services if you can't get answers here. If you use the Flex Options as StarOptions inside 8 months, you can use it for more than one week or multiple nights/stays as long as you stay within the Vistana network.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the verbiage:

You Own Flex Options, which you can use at any of the 6 Flex Option resorts, as if they are all your home resort, starting at 12 months before check-in.

If you want to make a Vistana reservation outside of those 6 resorts, at 8 months before check-in, you can use your Flex Options to make a Staroption reservation.

Flex Option FAQ: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/flex-options-f-a-q.238504/

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
I found this on another post... I assume this is correct...

- 1 FLEX option = 1 Interval point. In Interval, use only the amount of points needed to book the reservation (benefit of this is in old system, a week is a week and you maybe using a higher valued week to book a lower valued week, but with FLEX converting to Interval points, you only use the number of points necessary to book the time you want, saving Interval points for other reservations.
- interval points could be taken back into SPG or StarOptions

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your binder shows 20K Flex Options = 1 studio in II, then you go according to that you should get 4 weeks plus II exchange fee per trade. Most of us do not have Flex Options and so we are not familiar with the Flex Option requirement to trade in II. Flex Options are not the same as Star Options. As a Flex Option owner, you can book outside of the 6 resorts in VSN and use them as Star Options booking within the VSN internal booking system at 8 months before the intended stay.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You may want to try logging in to your II account and doing some sample searches to see how many points certain weeks you are looking for cost in II points.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most of us bought deeded weeks in the Starwood system, long ago for the most part, and we only have a few Flex Option owners on TUG. We don't have II points, we trade a week for a week, so can't help with Flex Options in II.

I posted a link to the FAQ in my previous post.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
ok thanks guys. I think I have it clear now :)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you own a 2 br platinum at SVV you don't have flexoptions. If you traded in your SVV for flex options you no longer own a 2 BR. Flexoptions are flexoptions and not associated with a specific resort or season. Flexoptions do use a crossover grid. A deeded week with Star Options only exchanges as a weeks exchange through II.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
sorry I am deeded as flex... I said the wrong thing about platinum...