• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PLEASE HELP!!! URGENT!!! Welk Resort Timeshare

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No worries! =) Would we be able to do private a message by any chance?

Sure - you can send me a TUG private message. But honestly, I don't think there is anything else I can add. It is 100% clear that you should rescind.

***If you have general questions about timesharing, exchanging, etc., please post them in this thread. It's always good to get several opinions.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We bought at the resort for 12k every other year which includes a bonus week to use for the following year we get nothing. We have use of II. If we buy resale, would we be able to exhange our points to travel abroad?

We are former Welk points owners. As noted by others you should rescind. If you still like Welk after doing more research, you can buy on the resale market. The only benefit you don't get is the ability to rent additional nights at a discount. As I recall, it is 15% off rack rates. Not a big deal.

Mike

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I think Denise's advice is spot on. Also, as to PMs and phone calls: TUG has a wealth of knowledge from very savvy users, who gained this through both personal experience and the collective knowledge, misfortune, and mistakes of others. This is best perpetuated when posts are public for all to read and respond to.

No offense meant to kofori or the OP, but getting a private email from someone with 10 posts on TUG, and with their own questions about purchasing Welk, and not vetting the response here publicly may not be the best course of action. Not sure why such a response to this issue needs to be private. Of course, kofori may have great advice, we just will never know.

Last edited:

rsanson

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the instructions/steps to rescind my contract with Welk? I'm looking in my paperwork but all I found was the notice of cancellation rights stating I must submit my request in writing. Any advise helps!

Thank you!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the instructions/steps to rescind my contract with Welk? I'm looking in my paperwork but all I found was the notice of cancellation rights stating I must submit my request in writing. Any advise helps!

Thank you!

Nothing specific, but if you write a simple letter- no need for anything legalese- saying that I/we bought contract #XXXXX on (Date) and will exercise our right to rescind and cancel this purchase, pursuant to state law. Please refund all money paid as down payment ASAP. Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover.

Signed__________(husband
__________(wife)
July 27, 2016

Ought to do it. Send this USPS Certified w/return receipt to the business office, not to the resort- where you send the junk they gave you.

Congratulations on making the proper decision. You won't regret it. You can buy us a beer after you get your refund and see us around the resort you buy resale later on.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Thank you!

In post #19 I send you a link to a detailed article about rescinding, and it includes sample letter - I'd start there.

rsanson

Reaction score
Nothing specific, but if you write a simple letter- no need for anything legalese- saying that I/we bought contract #XXXXX on (Date) and will exercise our right to rescind and cancel this purchase, pursuant to state law. Please refund all money paid as down payment ASAP. Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover.

Signed__________(husband
__________(wife)
July 27, 2016

Ought to do it. Send this USPS Certified w/return receipt to the business office, not to the resort- where you send the junk they gave you.

Congratulations on making the proper decision. You won't regret it. You can buy us a beer after you get your refund and see us around the resort you buy resale later on.

Jim

Thank you, Jim. Do they have the right to refuse certified mail? This is my only concern that they can later turn around and say they never received it and try to hold me to the contract. I also plan on faxing everything to them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Jim. Do they have the right to refuse certified mail? This is my only concern that they can later turn around and say they never received it and try to hold me to the contract. I also plan on faxing everything to them.

It doesn't matter what they say - you only have to prove that you SENT it.

Please be sure you read the article in post #19.

rsanson

Reaction score
In post #19 I send you a link to a detailed article about rescinding, and it includes sample letter - I'd start there.

Thank you, Denise. I did see it and have my letter typed up and ready to go. I was just wondering if I should send it via certified mail. Please see my response to Jim.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Denise. I did see it and have my letter typed up and ready to go. I was just wondering if I should send it via certified mail. Please see my response to Jim.

In post #33, Jim wrote to send it via certified mail - so does the article.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What would happen if they refuse the certified mail? Has this happend before?

I strongly doubt that Welk would refuse a Certified letter. Westgate, maybe, some Mexican outfits, possibly, but not Welk. Actually it doesn't matter, because what counts is that you have the receipt that you SENT the letter. Their honoring the rescission is not a courtesy to you, IT'S THE LAW. They MUST comply.

Jim

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
If they refuse it then it will be returned to you, and you'll have even better proof of how dirty they are.

rsanson

Reaction score
Contract Rescinded!!!

Faxed and certified mailed today...

Now what?

Any advice for buying resale? Things to consider and be aware of?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely, start reading reading reading!

http://advice.tug2.net

and the stickies up at the top of the newbies forum!

KrayzieCD

Reaction score
Good read. I also recently rescinded a Welk purchase, on the very next day to be exact. I seriously can't believe these people are still in business with the way they deceive you by withholding all types of information. They don't inform you of your 7 day rescission period, and a lot of other details about the contract.

Anyhow I already faxed and sent USPS certified mail rescission letters. I was sent proof of reception of these via email. But I saw in another thread that the binder needs to be sent back. I haven't received any instructions to do so yet. I've emailed the same quality assurance person who sent me the cancellation confirmation email about mailing back the binder. I assume they also want their flash drive that the public report was stored on. In the other thread I read the OP said he mailed that back to the same place he sent the rescission letter. But that thread is almost 5 years old now. Can anyone who also recently rescinded a Welk purchase chime in on this?

Can't wait till this whole process is over with. I read negative review after negative review of people who were duped into buying Welk timeshares hours after we made our purchase. Thank God for the internet! But I didn't find this site until just now, about 9 days after signing. Thank God that the flash drive where they had the huge public report has the 7 day rescission policy smack dab on page 1. Didn't even read the rest, just printed that out and sent it in pronto. I joined this site so I could do what I intended to do with the Welk time share: take some affordable vacations.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

From a legal perspective it would not matter if they refused it. You exercised your right to rescind and your certified mail receipt is proof you did so. Case closed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good read. I also recently rescinded a Welk purchase, on the very next day to be exact. I seriously can't believe these people are still in business with the way they deceive you by withholding all types of information. They don't inform you of your 7 day rescission period, and a lot of other details about the contract.

Anyhow I already faxed and sent USPS certified mail rescission letters. I was sent proof of reception of these via email. But I saw in another thread that the binder needs to be sent back. I haven't received any instructions to do so yet. I've emailed the same quality assurance person who sent me the cancellation confirmation email about mailing back the binder. I assume they also want their flash drive that the public report was stored on. In the other thread I read the OP said he mailed that back to the same place he sent the rescission letter. But that thread is almost 5 years old now. Can anyone who also recently rescinded a Welk purchase chime in on this?

Can't wait till this whole process is over with. I read negative review after negative review of people who were duped into buying Welk timeshares hours after we made our purchase. Thank God for the internet! But I didn't find this site until just now, about 9 days after signing. Thank God that the flash drive where they had the huge public report has the 7 day rescission policy smack dab on page 1. Didn't even read the rest, just printed that out and sent it in pronto. I joined this site so I could do what I intended to do with the Welk time share: take some affordable vacations.

glad this thread led you to finding us!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No worries! =) Would we be able to do private a message by any chance?

The great thing about TUG is that you can post your questions in the forums and benefit from the expertise of many different people, so I recommend that you post your questions right here.