• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Planned forum upgrade/downtime Thursday 11/17

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
It is there, right under the post title, with the OP, the last update, and the Forum. It is just in a really small font, and that is not a clickable item.
Thanks Sandy. Now that you pointed it out, I do see it. Small font and a light color, at least on my screen.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Thanks Sandy. Now that you pointed it out, I do see it. Small font and a light color, at least on my screen.

Pat, I had to go looking for it too. I would like it to be clickable to navigate to the forum that it is from, and I agree size could improve. Or do we have control over sizing of fonts?

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
How do we get to the reviews section, or is that something else you have to custom build?
Good question. I'm wondering that too, and I don't see that anyone has answered yet. That's a very useful section.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It is there, right under the post title, with the OP, the last update, and the Forum. It is just in a really small font, and that is not a clickable item.
The great thing about this format is that you can see what forum it is on a tablet, without turning it to landscape orientation.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Well I see people have been posting since last night. I got an error message until this morning, but I clicked on a photo/ancient topic on the error page and it took me into the old topic. Then I could see the new posts button and that brought me in. This is on my iPad. Also had to make up a new password to reply.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Reviews, Marketplace, etc. are still in the same location - they are not part of the Bulletin Board: http://tug2.com/Home.aspx

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Well I see people have been posting since last night. I got an error message until this morning, but I clicked on a photo/ancient topic on the error page and it took me into the old topic. Then I could see the new posts button and that brought me in. This is on my iPad. Also had to make up a new password to reply.

I get the same thing on the big computer -- a big error message with boxes below it. So I suspect some people may still think the site is down.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I get the same thing on the big computer -- a big error message with boxes below it. So I suspect some people may still think the site is down.
I get the same error message on my PC
But I Click on the "Forums Tab" underneath the error message and the site becomes active

Richard

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reviews, Marketplace, etc. are still in the same location - they are not part of the Bulletin Board: http://tug2.com/Home.aspx

Ok then at some point is the plan to add a link going to be added to the top of this board so you can traverse back and forth between boards. I assume so, but its on the to do list. I remember the BBS site web address only and then go to reviews and marketplace from there.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ok then at some point is the plan to add a link going to be added to the top of this board so you can traverse back and forth between boards. I assume so, but its on the to do list. I remember the BBS site web address only and then go to reviews and marketplace from there.

Yes - per Brian's posts, he and Doug are still working on a lot of the features, and the best thing to do now is just hang tight and be patient for a few days.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not a rush, just adding to the wish list.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Hi Dioxide45,

Thank you so much for locating the MH370 thread. Yes, I should have said 40,000+ views.

Thanks Doug and Brian. I'll be patient while the indexing percolates.

Best regards,

Richard

The Search Function is now working for me on my PC - very quick responses. I haven't tried it yet on my tablet or smartphone.

Richard

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, most of the big indexes finished rebuilding early this morning, search should give you an error.

although i do still have about a dozen to finish...I believe they all relate to user specific items...vs posts/threads.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

It may be the favorite or bookmark you have saved is pointing to an invalid path now. People may need to update favorites or bookmarks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
could you post the links that you show arent working?

all existing forum topics/threads/posts/etc were migrated and all the previous links should still work.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am seeing something odd in this thread. I posted a reply to it last night, but when I went in to it today the post looks like it is just pending. I see what I posted last night, but it appears to be in the reply box, not a submitted post.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we dont have anything in place for "pending" posts on the forum.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
we dont have anything in place for "pending" posts on the forum.
It does seem that XenForo has a built in Drafts function. There is a little floppy disk icon in the New Post box that you can use for drafts. Though I don't think that is what I clicked when I had the issue, but it is possible I did it by accident and didn't realize it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i do see settings for auto-saving posts as they are typed, so perhaps its some new feature that im not yet familiar with.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I am seeing something odd in this thread. I posted a reply to it last night, but when I went in to it today the post looks like it is just pending. I see what I posted last night, but it appears to be in the reply box, not a submitted post.
I assume your post #6 in that thread is the one you're talking about? If so, it is definitely an active post now.

I ran into something similar last night, where I left a post I was editing in one window and went away to do other stuff for a while, thinking I had posted the first message. Next time I attempted to enter a different post, my composition window came up with that previous edit I had left hanging. Clicking the little disk "Drafts" icon at the top of the composition window brought up a submenu with "Save draft" and "Delete draft" options -- neither of which seemed to do anything.

Finally, I just copy/pasted the original draft text from the composition window to an external editor then deleted the text from the composition window, went ahead and typed in the message I wanted and saved it. Then I went back to the first message I was attempting to edit, replaced the text in that window with text copy/pasted from my external editor into that window, finished my edit, and saved it.

I'm sure the Drafts function is going to be useful, as I've been impressed with how well XenForo's back end seems to be thought out on everything else I've explored, but I'm going to have to learn the proper way to use it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I assume your post #6 in that thread is the one you're talking about? If so, it is definitely an active post now.
Yes, I did go in and actually post that from the saved draft.

Something else I really like so far is being able to highlight a section of text and either quote it or reply to it. No longer have to chop text out of a post in the reply box!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

it should be about 10pt font, and the links are clickable.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good question. I'm wondering that too, and I don't see that anyone has answered yet. That's a very useful section.

top of the page, link titled "resort reviews"