• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Planned forum upgrade/downtime Thursday 11/17

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
We plan on upgrading the existing TUGBBS forums to xenforo this thursday afternoon on 11/17 BEGINNING @ NOON EASTERN

while the expected downtime for this upgrade is only a few hours, please bear with us on thursday afternoon if it takes longer than that to get everything back up and running properly!

note that this is an upgrade, thus all posts/usernames/etc etc will remain and there will be no need to re-register.

we hope that the much more modern features available with the new forum software will be a welcome improvement and upgrade over this very old version of Vbulletin.

not that there was actually anything wrong with the existing version, but it is extremely old and doesnt take advantage of many of the SEO or mobile technology advances available today.

We hope that everyone enjoys the new forum once the upgrade is complete, and thank you for your patience on thursday while we make the change!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This will be a pretty big change from a user interface perspective. There may be some grumpy people when this change happens. I am a little more used to it since DisBoards has been using this for a while.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
indeed, it will certainly take a bit of adjustment for some seasoned vbulletin users!

but all of the functionality should remain the same =)

one of the biggest bonuses however is the optimization for search engines for each thread...now itll make it much easier for owners to find info about TUG in the hundreds of thousands of threads we have here on the forums!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
scheduled to start around 2pm, but the forums will be "suspended" before that so we can do a backup before the upgrade.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
This thread has gotten relatively few views so it's being bumped in advance of tomorrow afternoon's downtime. :)

That might be because when you "click here" by the big red downtime notice, it goes to this: "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

I participate on a couple of other fora that use xenforo; it's a little different look, but nice.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
link should be fixed now.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Brian, this alleged "upgrade" you speak of. Does it result in an "enhanced member experience?" Sort of like RCI did last weekend?

Hmm. Pretty convenient, coming so close on the heels of their alleged "upgrade." Are you in cahoots with them? After all, Tug is a kind of "timeshare website." Next thing we know, you'll be raising the rates - to something outrageous, like $16 a year...

:rofl:

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha...indeed we timed it perfectly!

Im not sure what "enhanced user features" the upgrade will include yet that we will implement, after all this is a pretty big change in itself, but there are features available in xenforo that werent even possible in our version of vbulletin!

once the upgrade is complete, Doug and I (ok, mostly Doug, with me just asking questions and trying not to annoy him) will do our best to make the new forum look like the old as much as possible....but it will certainly take a bit of time for us to update all of the instructions and guides etc...so we would ask for everyones patience over the next few days after the upgrade if things are just a wee bit off!

that said, the ability to actually post and use the forums shouldnt be interrupted but for just an hour or so while the upgrade actually takes place.

and lastly, this will have no impact on the member only section or any of the other TUG websites (tug2.net, etc)...just here on the forums.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
haha...indeed we timed it perfectly!

Im not sure what "enhanced user features" the upgrade will include yet that we will implement, after all this is a pretty big change in itself, but there are features available in xenforo that werent even possible in our version of vbulletin!

Big question from me: Will the new and improved Tug have a "Like" button for posts? A lot of times I agree with something somebody says, but a new Reply post is limited in need, or appeal.

FWIW Dept: I read a Ford Owner's website (http://www.fordescape.org) that has the ability to Like a post without posting a Reply. It's pretty handy. Just a thought.

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Big question from me: Will the new and improved Tug have a "Like" button for posts? A lot of times I agree with something somebody says, but a new Reply post is limited in need, or appeal.

FWIW Dept: I read a Ford Owner's website (http://www.fordescape.org) that has the ability to Like a post without posting a Reply. It's pretty handy. Just a thought.

Dave

DisBoards allows Liking of posts, it uses the same forum software that TUG is upgrading to.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
DisBoards allows Liking of posts, it uses the same forum software that TUG is upgrading to.

See, now if we had a Like button... ;)

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, there will be tons of nifty little doodad features available in xen that didnt even exist when our version of vbulletin was created.

should also have the ability to share posts and threads on social media and such...all in all a much more "internet" friendly forum software for sure.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
yep, there will be tons of nifty little doodad features available in xen that didnt even exist when our version of vbulletin was created.

should also have the ability to share posts and threads on social media and such...all in all a much more "internet" friendly forum software for sure.

Awesome1 I think maybe you should give your hardworking Moderators a raise. ;)

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im hoping its an easy transition for the mods to learn all the moderator tools and editing features in xen!

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck with this project today!

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
My withdrawal symptoms are starting

We plan on upgrading the existing TUGBBS forums to xenforo this thursday afternoon on 11/17 BEGINNING @ NOON EASTERN

while the expected downtime for this upgrade is only a few hours, please bear with us on thursday afternoon if it takes longer than that to get everything back up and running properly!

Not sure how I'll survive without TUG if it takes all afternoon! :D

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
test

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
testing 123,...we appear to be back online.

if you can hold off for a bit on reporting things that seem a bit "off" while we take the time to make it look like it used to...we'd be very appreciative!

that said, if you encounter hard errors or major issues with your account or ability to post/browse/search/etc...dont hesitate to let us know so we can add it to the list!

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I am unable to see the Private Forums, though I appear to be logged in.

Are we no longer able to see our last logon date/time, or has it just moved?

Thanks,

Sheila

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I am unable to see the Private Forums, though I appear to be logged in.

Are we no longer able to see our last logon date/time, or has it just moved?

Thanks,

Sheila

Ditto for me on the private forums.

If you click on a username, It will tell you where that person was last "seen".

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Clicking on the 'Latest" thread from the Forum Home page is producing a hard error "The requested post could not be found."