• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phone call from Vidanta

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an upcoming RCI exchange (April 2017) to Sea Garden in Nuevo Vallarta as the start of a two-week getaway to the Vallarta area. I received a phone call yesterday from Vidanta, Mexico City office, and before I realized who was calling the rep confirmed our dates and mentioned that he wanted to let us know about the specials that were happening at the resort through April. I immediately assumed it was also going to turn into a "and we'd like to schedule you for a breakfast meeting" call but it didn't. He was just letting me know that they were offering 2x1 spa pricing, 2x1 golf, and 2x1 dining at various restaurants during our stay.

This is our first time exchanging into the NV complex though we were at Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta this past November. Is this something that Vidanta does with all reservations, that is, call to let you know what specials are happening? It was a very pleasant conversation, took all of eight minutes or so as we chatted, but it was just unexpected. I'm looking forward to April/May!

rpennisi

Reaction score
Whenever I get calls from Vidanta it is from the Nuevo Vallarta location. I always ask if they are in NV. But, your call seems legit.

The interesting part is since you are staying at the Sea Garden, how do they get you to the 2X1 dining at various restaurants?

As you might already know, it is a short distance from the SG to the rest of the complex, but other than walking the beach, it will require a fairly long taxi ride to get to and from the other restaurants.

Good news though, there are lots of restaurants real close to your location at SG, and a complimentary trolley (assuming it is still running) that will take you to the shopping center where you can find more restaurants and reasonably priced groceries.

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whenever I get calls from Vidanta it is from the Nuevo Vallarta location. I always ask if they are in NV. But, your call seems legit.

The interesting part is since you are staying at the Sea Garden, how do they get you to the 2X1 dining at various restaurants?

As you might already know, it is a short distance from the SG to the rest of the complex, but other than walking the beach, it will require a fairly long taxi ride to get to and from the other restaurants.

Good news though, there are lots of restaurants real close to your location at SG, and a complimentary trolley (assuming it is still running) that will take you to the shopping center where you can find more restaurants and reasonably priced groceries.

Thanks for the info! We have never stayed in Nuevo Vallarta, just always sailed right past it as we drove to Puerto Vallarta, so we're kind of looking forward to this new experience. And we no longer drive the route so no need to worry about missing exits (something I always do!). A simple 45-minute flight makes it quite easy to then just hop in a taxi and let my new friend drive us where we need to go!

rpennisi

Reaction score
You're welcome. You can get a free ride from the airport to the Sea Garden from Vidanta. Contact the SG concierge if you are interested.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
You're welcome. You can get a free ride from the airport to the Sea Garden from Vidanta. Contact the SG concierge if you are interested.
Yes, you will only have to pay on the way home. It is part of your "resort fee" you pay as an exchanger. BTW Michael, you should print out your "old" original confirmation. They have recently raised their daily fee from $75 per week to a daily per person fee. But if you bring the print out, they honor your price. Don't ask for a new confirmatiin, it will have the updated amount, not what you agreed to when you exchanged.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
If you liked the MP PV- Marina location you will like Sea Garden NV . It is about the same size .
Your wrist band works at everything at " big Nuevo" - which is best reached ( at this time ) by an easy walk along the beach .
From the Sea Garden front entrance is a short walk to an OXXO and all the local busses & colectivos stop in that area . You can also walk to local restaurants in the Nuevo marina area .

There is a saturday morning market in the park behind the OXXO . We bought fresh fruit and vegetables for the week . It is a nice market with locally made products ( jewelry etc etc ) I believe many of the sellers make the products for sale .

The Sea Garden also has a great ocean front location .
Like all Vidanta brands - there is daily maid and towel service and lots of staff keeping things spotless .

Be sure and get the name of the maid who does your room for most of the week and give a tip before you leave . ( $ 5 a day or so ) .It is an important part of their income . We also generally ask if they want our unused food . I now bring a fold flat cooler to leave it in when we empty the fridge.

Enjoy - we go in Feb

rpennisi

Reaction score
The MP PV and the SG NV are the only Vidanta resorts where you can easily walk out the door and go to restaurants and get easy transportation. The MP and GM in Acapulco are fairly close to an OXXO, but other than that all other Vidanta resorts are somewhat isolated. Being no AI is good, but you have to use their restaurants or take a cab, or a long walk out to the highway as in RM.

The whole NV complex used to be easily walkable for transportation and restaurants outside the resort, but that is no longer the case. Even if you take the beach from SG to the rest of the complex, the way back in the dark (if you stay late) is not, imo, enjoyable. The good thing about going in April is the longer number of hours of daylight.

Even if you take a cab from the larger NV complex, it's not just walk out the door and grab a cab. You have to get to the transportation center past Santuario. The raised walkways are cool, but no path is very short or direct. The cab then takes you toward PV before backtracking to NV and SG. I know it sounds insane, but a short walk from the GM to the SG is now a much longer time and distance (and $) process.

The day the wall went up in NV, January 13, 2014.
IMG_4881.jpg

VickiS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
The MP PV and the SG NV are the only Vidanta resorts where you can easily walk out the door and go to restaurants and get easy transportation.

One minor correction: the Los Cabos location is also very easy to walk out for non-Vidanta restaurants and transportation.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Vicki, The thread is about the PV/NV resorts, not Los Cabos. However, I agree the GM in San Jose del Cabo is easy to leave and get to other restaurants offsite.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Yes, you will only have to pay on the way home. It is part of your "resort fee" you pay as an exchanger. BTW Michael, you should print out your "old" original confirmation. They have recently raised their daily fee from $75 per week to a daily per person fee. But if you bring the print out, they honor your price. Don't ask for a new confirmatiin, it will have the updated amount, not what you agreed to when you exchanged.

We have an exchange there next month that I confirmed last year. I never printed the confirmation initially, and now it shows the "new" amount. I'll argue the point when we get there, but I wish I would have printed the original one (if anyone has a copy of one they would be willing to send me so I could see the original language, I'd appreciate it).

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I always print my reservations and put in a travel file. But, I also save them as PDF's in a folder in my Outlook. I keep airline reservations, timeshare reservations and any others in the Reservations Saved Folder. I have learned that they come in very handy! He who has the paper wins! :)

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Phyllis was kind enough to send me a copy her confirmation, but it's from II and I'm going on an RCI exchange. If anyone has a copy of the second page showing the $75 Riviera Maya fees, I would appreciate it.

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you post a map showing how to get from the GM NV to the SG NV. Is there a path, or is it on the sand? I've never been there before and we're going soon.
How do you get to the transportation center? Do the buses run from the transportation center or only from the SG?

The MP PV and the SG NV are the only Vidanta resorts where you can easily walk out the door and go to restaurants and get easy transportation. The MP and GM in Acapulco are fairly close to an OXXO, but other than that all other Vidanta resorts are somewhat isolated. Being no AI is good, but you have to use their restaurants or take a cab, or a long walk out to the highway as in RM.

The whole NV complex used to be easily walkable for transportation and restaurants outside the resort, but that is no longer the case. Even if you take the beach from SG to the rest of the complex, the way back in the dark (if you stay late) is not, imo, enjoyable. The good thing about going in April is the longer number of hours of daylight.

Even if you take a cab from the larger NV complex, it's not just walk out the door and grab a cab. You have to get to the transportation center past Santuario. The raised walkways are cool, but no path is very short or direct. The cab then takes you toward PV before backtracking to NV and SG. I know it sounds insane, but a short walk from the GM to the SG is now a much longer time and distance (and $) process.

The day the wall went up in NV, January 13, 2014.View attachment 3115

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi BennyBoy00,
You walk the public beach .

Looking at the water from the Grand Mayan buildings you exit left onto the beach near the Ola Mulato Restaurant . This is close to the Kids Club Pool.

You will walk past the fence enclosed Turtle egg hatchery & then 4 full ownership Condo buildings . You will then reach the Sea Garden pool area . There is a
Vidanta sign you can see . ( the Sea Garden logo sign is on the driveway side of the Sea Garden building ) The walk takes 5 - 10 minutes and I found it easier
to walk in the packed sand near the water.

If you are returning after dark you may wish to bring a small LED flashlight .

I believe only taxi's run from the Vidanta resort transportation center .

The local bus system to Bucerias & PV etc. stop across from the OXXO convenience store that is close to the Sea Garden driveway.
Ask the front desk or bellboys at the Sea Garden for which bus (to take you )to were you want to go .

If you put - Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta - into google maps you will see all . The Satellite image function may help too.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an upcoming RCI exchange (April 2017) to Sea Garden in Nuevo Vallarta as the start of a two-week getaway to the Vallarta area. I received a phone call yesterday from Vidanta, Mexico City office, and before I realized who was calling the rep confirmed our dates and mentioned that he wanted to let us know about the specials that were happening at the resort through April. I immediately assumed it was also going to turn into a "and we'd like to schedule you for a breakfast meeting" call but it didn't. He was just letting me know that they were offering 2x1 spa pricing, 2x1 golf, and 2x1 dining at various restaurants during our stay.

This is our first time exchanging into the NV complex though we were at Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta this past November. Is this something that Vidanta does with all reservations, that is, call to let you know what specials are happening? It was a very pleasant conversation, took all of eight minutes or so as we chatted, but it was just unexpected. I'm looking forward to April/May!

I just got this call, but he said he's from RCI. Very bizarre. Oh, and we are staying in June. so I guess it's not just valid through April.

There is a hook here. I am betting my bottom dollar that if you inquire on it at check-in, it will be attached to a sales presentation.

Last edited:

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got this call, but he said he's from RCI. Very bizarre. Oh, and we are staying in June. so I guess it's not just valid through April.

There is a hook here. I am betting my bottom dollar that if you inquire on it at check-in, it will be attached to a sales presentation.

I'll let you know what happens. It's a very possible scenario that we might not be able to complete this reservation as we have a family member back in the states who is quite ill and was just moved back home to hospice care. We might be saying goodbye to this getaway as we just priced flights back to KY. Y I K E S !!!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is always a difficult thing, hang in there.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Seeing a loved one go into hospice is sad and difficult.

For what it's worth, if your family lives in Northern KY, check flights into Cincinnati, OH. Flights are usually 1/2 the price.