TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia Flyers Win Stanley Cup (in 1974)!

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by vacationhopeful, May 19, 2017 at 6:41 PM.

1. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    For the first time 43 years ago today. WOW .. I remember that. I was working in center city right in the building across the street from City Hall (which in Philly is the 5th square of the original city plan my William Penn).

The city shut down ... a full parade was held with ticker tape ... up Broad Street and around City Hall ... open truck beds with decorations.

Yes, they earned their nickname ... Broad Street Bullies ... and the team went on with winning the Stanley Cup the following year, too.

I believe they were the first expansion team to win the CUP away from the old guard.

2. Ironwood

Ironwood TUG Member

Speaking of the old guard... it's been 50 years since the Leafs won the cup and I may well not see the next. So in the meantime go Sens go!

moonstone likes this.
  3. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

They came close a few other times. I can't believe they lost the Finals in 1980 after posting a 35-game unbeaten streak in the regular season and owning the best record overall that season. I believe they also posted the best regular-season record in the 1984-85 season only to lose in the Finals to the Edmonton Oilers.

And can you believe that, come Wednesday, May 24th, it will mark the 30th anniversary of the infamous Ron Hextall slash on Kent Nillson:

PS.: I think the Flyers should have beaten the Red Wings in the 1997 Cup final.