• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Beach Shores Resort - Florida

Betty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ALL the 2-bedroom units at this resort have an ocean view and/or are oceanfront?

Thanks,
Betty

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. The true 2BR units are all ocean front but most 2BR units are not really 2BR units. They are two 1BR units connected together. There are only 10 true 2BR units in the entire resort with two per floor.

If you have an exchange the only way to know for sure which unit you have is to call the resort. I could be wrong but I believe that even if a true 2BR unit is deposited they will instead put the exchanger in the double 1BR. But they will do this in their system right away and not wait until check-in so you can still call and see which they have you in.

As far as ownership goes the only unit that is worth buying (or taking for free) is the true 2BR unit. The 1BR units are way too expensive on the annual fees. The fees for two 1BR units is more than either Marriott's Ocean Pointe or Marriott's Oceana Palms right nearby. This resort is not remotely in the same class as those resorts.

Last edited:

Betty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Saintsfanfl. That info is helpful. Do you happen to know if the one bedroom units are offered as one-half of the connected 2-bed units you mention or are they entirely separate from each other? Is there a particular building or section one should request to have a 1-bed with a nice ocean view? It looks like a fairly large resort and seems somewhat dated from the reviews I've read.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe they are all the same. Each 1BR unit is 550 sq ft. I'm not sure if all have an adjoining door or not but none of them were sold as lock-offs. If someone wanted two rooms they would have to buy two units but then I think they could make a reservation with the two units together. I am going off of what I have been told in the past. I looked into buying there at one point but did not end up doing it.

It is all one building in a big u shape. The views vary all over the place. Your best bet is to request a pool view which is inside the u and then hope for the best.

I don't consider it a large resort but definitely not tiny. It has 260 units but 250 of those are 1BRs. That is the equivalent of 135 units at a 2BR only resort.

Unless you love presentations just say no when they try and con you into a complimentary breakfast. The place is a major timeshares sales mill. You can't eat at the restaurant without having at least two timeshare presentations at tables nearby.

When you walk in the place does feel more like an actual upper class resort rather than a timeshare. It has the amenities of a typical resort like the full service restaurant and spa although the food is nothing special. It is old and not entirely kept up. Typical reviews are based on expectations. One reviewer that is used to motel 6 will give it a glowing 5 star review while another that is used to high end large timeshare won't like it. The fees which run over $900 for a 1BR are ridiculously high. My guess is they are barely keeping up with replacement costs. Not sure how they can go much higher without major defaults.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
When you walk in the place does feel more like an actual upper class resort rather than a timeshare. It has the amenities of a typical resort like the full service restaurant and spa although the food is nothing special. It is old and not entirely kept up. Typical reviews are based on expectations. One reviewer that is used to motel 6 will give it a glowing 5 star review while another that is used to high end large timeshare won't like it. The fees which run over $900 for a 1BR are ridiculously high. My guess is they are barely keeping up with replacement costs. Not sure how they can go much higher without major defaults.[/QUOTE]

After one stay there several years ago I was convinced I needed to buy down the street at Marriott's Ocean Pointe. I didn't even think the employees were friendly (or at least appear happy).

Jim

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
After one stay there several years ago I was convinced I needed to buy down the street at Marriott's Ocean Pointe. I didn't even think the employees were friendly (or at least appear happy).

Jim

Agreed. It's hard to compare many timeshares to the quality of Marriott, staff attitudes included. Then on top of this Ocean Pointe has a lower annual fee for a 2BR with more sq ft vs two 1BR units at this place. The purchase price resale though isn't remotely close. I was offered a 1BR for fixed week 12 for free while I've never been willing to buy a Platinum season at Ocean Pointe due to the high price and reservation difficulty.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Agreed. It's hard to compare many timeshares to the quality of Marriott, staff attitudes included. Then on top of this Ocean Pointe has a lower annual fee for a 2BR with more sq ft vs two 1BR units at this place. The purchase price resale though isn't remotely close. I was offered a 1BR for fixed week 12 for free while I've never been willing to buy a Platinum season at Ocean Pointe due to the high price and reservation difficulty.

Agree also. I too wanted a Platinum week but purchase prices are not to my liking either. However, I found a couple of Gold weeks (what I considered reasonable at the time) that I have been using in my favor even though I do not care for So. Florida in the summer. They have come in handy to trade back into OP in Jan./Feb (which I love), occasionally.

Jim

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am partial to Ocean Pointe Silver season. It is Gold season at Beach Place and some is Platinum as Oceana Palms. We do a family get together every other year for Thanksgiving. Renovations are just completed and the weather is "usually" nice.

I would go in March for my kids Spring Break if I could but I've never gotten an exchange.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
just happened upon this post while doing some catching up...i own2 MARRIOTTS AND I OWN 3 consecutive weeks AT PALM BEACH SHORES. I love PALM BEACH SHORES and have stayed there every year since 2005.. i haven't used/stayed at a MARRIOTT in 11 years.. i either trade out, rent, or trade for points.PALM BEACH SHORES IS MY FAVORITE!!
as far as m/f"s are concerned, PALM BEACH SHORES m/f's are far cheaper than either of my MARRIOTTS. JUST SAYIN

ibcnu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
We own at HGVC but used points for an extra long weekend in February at Palm Beach Shores. We enjoyed our stay. At first we were put in 1st or 2nd floor small 1 bedroom that overlooked the parking lot.

We asked to be moved, if they had something available with a pool view, and they moved us to a corner unit (still a 1 bedroom) with a massive balcony. The bathroom was huge!! I assume these are inside corner units that look over the pool area and the beach (as opposed to corner units that overlook the ocean). They are definatley larger than 550 sq ft.

I overhead people across the hall say that their unit overlooks both the ocean and intercoastal waterway. I assume the higher up you are the better the view.