• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pagosa and Flagstaff room requests.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Heading to Pagosa Springs and Flagstaff. Have a 2BR deluxe at Pagosa Springs and a 2 BR Loft at Flagstaff. Any recommendations for requesting a room?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Following .... I also have reservations at both in the near coming months! :)

At Pagosa, we tend to prefer the Peregrine section. Note that your arrival date may influence your room location as each sub-division within the large campus honors a specific day of the week as its official check-in date. (Legacy artifact from its 'weeks' origin?)

HtownRose

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad to see this! I have a 2BR reserved at Flagstaff, & didn't think about the room configuration when I was making the reservation because we've stayed there before & it was a flat on the first floor, but when I called the resort this week to make sure the reservation was good after the website changes, something told me to ask about the configuration, & some of them are flats & others are tri-level. I asked if we could have a flat as my mom can't do stairs & was told to call corporate (main reservation line). Corporate told me to call the resort & so on. Both said they had nothing to do with it, but somebody has to be able to do something. Any suggestions? My plan is to call back 3 weeks prior to check in to see if they know which unit we have been assigned & try to change it if it's a tri-level.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
At Pagosa, if you arrive on Saturday, Teal Landing is more of a possibility. We have stayed there twice and really enjoyed both stays but I should note that we stayed there as Wyndham owners and that might matter too.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Talked to the resort and they have me in Masters Place. Looks to be on the lake with golf course on other side. Just guessing from pictures.anybody stayed there?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked to the resort and they have me in Masters Place. Looks to be on the lake with golf course on other side. Just guessing from pictures.anybody stayed there?
If you want lake views, Masters Place is one of the developments in Pagosa where every unit overlooks the lake. The units also look out over the 6th hole of the Meadows golf course, which is a par 3 directly over an arm of the lake. From your deck, you can watch the golfers drown a lot golf balls.

Masters Place consists of a two story building with six units:

7306 ..... 7307 ..... 7308 second story, south to north

7302 ..... 7303 ..... 7304 first story

and a three story building:

7317 ..... 7318 ..... 7319 top story, south to north

7313 ..... 7314 ..... 7315

7309 ..... 7310 ..... 7311 ground level

and no elevators. The resort is at 7,000 ft. elevation, so lugging suitcases and anything else up three flights of stairs can be a workout for someone not used to the altitude.

The climb has rewarding views. I have not stayed in Masters Place, but I have seen the decks from the golf course. Unit 7319 is a corner unit with two sides to the deck that offer outstanding views of the Weminuche Wilderness mountains to the north, lower hills to the west and south, and the lake view. All the other end units also feature the 2-sided decks.

Masters Place has Saturday check-in. If you are arriving on a Saturday, you might have good luck requesting a specific unit. Call about a week ahead of time. For any other day arrival, you will be limited to whatever unit(s) are checking out that day. Wyndham Pagosa is very accommodating when they can be, but I have also witnessed some owners throwing a fit when they did not receive the unit they requested. I hope these idiots do not ruin a good thing for the rest of us.

Many people prefer Teal Landing, as it is the newest development, but some of the buildings there offer parking lot views with filtered views of the mountains, so you would be taking your chances in terms of view.

Ptarmigan (Sunday arrival) units 7229-7230 and Peregrine (Friday arrival) units 7803-7820 are all ground floor units with excellent views of the Weminuche Wilderness mountains and the Meadows golf course.

While Masters Place is one of the older developments, the views there are outstanding, and I would stick with it. The three story building was shut down for a year due to a sprinkler system leak. I do not know if the units there were completely updated as a result. You can ask when making a unit request.

If you somehow do not get a unit with an outstanding view, outstanding views are available just a few steps from any unit throughout Wyndham Pagosa -- just watch out for the goose poop. There are some year round resident geese that do make a mess of the grassy areas.

Wherever you stay there, find a chance to step onto the 8th hole tee box of the Meadows golf course (just off of Park Ave in the Peregrine section) about a half hour before sunset. It is the most beautiful view from a tee box that I have ever seen.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
If you want lake views, Masters Place is one of the developments in Pagosa where every unit overlooks the lake. The units also look out over the 6th hole of the Meadows golf course, which is a par 3 directly over an arm of the lake. From your deck, you can watch the golfers drown a lot golf balls.

Masters Place consists of a two story building with six units:

7306 ..... 7307 ..... 7308 second story, south to north

7302 ..... 7303 ..... 7304 first story

and a three story building:

7317 ..... 7318 ..... 7319 top story, south to north

7313 ..... 7314 ..... 7315

7309 ..... 7310 ..... 7311 ground level

and no elevators. The resort is at 7,000 ft. elevation, so lugging suitcases and anything else up three flights of stairs can be a workout for someone not used to the altitude.

The climb has rewarding views. I have not stayed in Masters Place, but I have seen the decks from the golf course. Unit 7319 is a corner unit with two sides to the deck that offer outstanding views of the Weminuche Wilderness mountains to the north, lower hills to the west and south, and the lake view. All the other end units also feature the 2-sided decks.

Masters Place has Saturday check-in. If you are arriving on a Saturday, you might have good luck requesting a specific unit. Call about a week ahead of time. For any other day arrival, you will be limited to whatever unit(s) are checking out that day. Wyndham Pagosa is very accommodating when they can be, but I have also witnessed some owners throwing a fit when they did not receive the unit they requested. I hope these idiots do not ruin a good thing for the rest of us.

Many people prefer Teal Landing, as it is the newest development, but some of the buildings there offer parking lot views with filtered views of the mountains, so you would be taking your chances in terms of view.

Ptarmigan (Sunday arrival) units 7229-7230 and Peregrine (Friday arrival) units 7803-7820 are all ground floor units with excellent views of the Weminuche Wilderness mountains and the Meadows golf course.

While Masters Place is one of the older developments, the views there are outstanding, and I would stick with it. The three story building was shut down for a year due to a sprinkler system leak. I do not know if the units there were completely updated as a result. You can ask when making a unit request.

If you somehow do not get a unit with an outstanding view, outstanding views are available just a few steps from any unit throughout Wyndham Pagosa -- just watch out for the goose poop. There are some year round resident geese that do make a mess of the grassy areas.

Wherever you stay there, find a chance to step onto the 8th hole tee box of the Meadows golf course (just off of Park Ave in the Peregrine section) about a half hour before sunset. It is the most beautiful view from a tee box that I have ever seen.
Thank you. I will look for a first or second floor corner at Masters.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flagstaff Loft is the room style we like the best. Large kitchen, large living room, hot tub on the private patio. King in each of the main floor bedrooms and twins up in the loft.
HtownRose - I have found Flagstaff to not be flexible in room moves and they will not share room assignments until day of check in. If you are still more than 3 weeks out, you might want to watch for a 2br loft or a 2br lockoff (if some of your group can do stairs as one side is usually down stairs). Booking a different room type would be way less frustration than negotiating with the resort.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
As far as Flagstaff 2-bd Lofts...any specific room we should be asking/hoping for? A view would be nice if that's even possible.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
We just returned from a Ptarmigan 1BR Deluxe at Pagosa. The view was, indeed, quite lovely but the unit was in rather poor condition both inside and out. I reported broken sprinklers (geysers!) and wrote up the many internal issues. I'm adding this section to my list of "no, please, not again."

FWIW, we checked in on a Thursday with departure the following Monday. Booked through WM.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
...Many people prefer Teal Landing, as it is the newest development, but some of the buildings there offer parking lot views with filtered views of the mountains, so you would be taking your chances in terms of view....

As someone who has stayed at Teal Landing, this is absolutely spot on.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
As far as Flagstaff 2-bd Lofts...any specific room we should be asking/hoping for? A view would be nice if that's even possible.

I believe I was in 3106. Had to bug out early to get back to Florida for Irma so I didn't keep any of the paperwork. Great view of the mountain from the deck and the deer in the backyard every morning.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
As someone who has stayed at Teal Landing, this is absolutely spot on.

Exactly what happened to me. Parking lot view. I was miffed after being told I was going to be in Masters place when I called to confirm a couple weeks previous.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I stayed in Ptarmigan 2 BR Lockoff last June. It was very nice. I found no major problems inside or out. This was the second time I have visited Wyndham Pagosa. Beautiful area.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I stayed in Ptarmigan 2 BR Lockoff last June. It was very nice. I found no major problems inside or out. This was the second time I have visited Wyndham Pagosa. Beautiful area.

Area is absolutely gorgeous. I just wish my Wyndham unit was what I was told. There was a bear snoozing in a tall pine outside of the check in office when I got there. Prairie dogs on the golf course. Birds everywhere. Loads of wildlife. Sad to see all the trees that had died up on Wolf Pass. Looks like a tree graveyard. Not sure if it was fire or disease. A ride up to Williams reservoir is a must.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Area is absolutely gorgeous. I just wish my Wyndham unit was what I was told. There was a bear snoozing in a tall pine outside of the check in office when I got there. Prairie dogs on the golf course. Birds everywhere. Loads of wildlife. Sad to see all the trees that had died up on Wolf Pass. Looks like a tree graveyard. Not sure if it was fire or disease. A ride up to Williams reservoir is a must.

There was a major fire up there the previous time we were there. Thousands of acres burned. I'm sure that's what you saw.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score

The tree devastation in the Wolf Creek Pass area is due to the pine beetle infestation. There's practically no burn area visible from the fires a few years back. Many acres of trees are standing dead and pose quite a fire danger.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I really like the Pagosa area and am strongly considering retiring to that area. As I grew up in the north, the cold weather and snow won't bother me at all (in fact, I really miss that). The one thing that concerns me about retiring in Colorado is the higher cost of living as compared to Arkansas. The one thing that concerns the wife is the cold weather and snow....