• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner update

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
So I did the update. I was out in 60 minutes. There were only two owners at the update. The other twenty plus people were guests in for the 120 minutes.

What I was told:

CWA:
I have zero ARP as a resale owner.
It reverts back to Wyndham at owner's death.

And I'm not eligible for their member's only credit card with no developer points.

They sure do make you feel like a second class citizen.

None of that seems correct to me. You have the same ARP as every other CWA owner. I don't own CWA as I prefer to be deeded but I haven't seen a single CWA owner say anything here on TUG that a CWA contract is only valid for the owner's lifetime and reverts back to Wyndham upon said owners death. Maybe someone has read their contract and can tell us what it says.

If they think they can get you to buy they suddenly "find a deal that just came in" for varying amounts of far less points.

What a load of b.s he/she told you about the credit card. They will try to get anyone with a heartbeat signed up for their crappy credit card.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
I have been denied the Wyndham card twice recently during their sales pitch but still have one and pay it off monthly. They told me the reason I was denied the newest card was because I had spoken to Ovation. I have repeatedly turned down CWA because I value my deeds. Am I wrong, as the salesmen keep saying access is the only course for me?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of that seems correct to me. You have the same ARP as every other CWA owner. I don't own CWA as I prefer to be deeded but I haven't seen a single CWA owner say anything here on TUG that a CWA contract is only valid for the owner's lifetime and reverts back to Wyndham upon said owners death. Maybe someone has read their contract and can tell us what it says.

If they think they can get you to buy they suddenly "find a deal that just came in" for varying amounts of far less points.

What a load of b.s he/she told you about the credit card. They will try to get anyone with a heartbeat signed up for their crappy credit card.

I agree their credit card is crap. Earn 2 points for gas, utility, grocery stores. I have one credit just for gas that is always 5% cash back no annual fee, credit card that gives 2% cash back on all purchases with no annual fee. As for the 5 to 3 points depending on which one you get for Wyndham hotels/timeshare fees, once again total crap. Lot's of cards give that kind of percent and you are not locked down to only Wyndham properties.

So 100,000 points is $600 in MFs. 100,000 spent on my 2% cash back is $2,000 dollars, even if you bought all groceries or gas for that 100,000 you still paid $50,000 which is only worth 1.2 cents per dollar spent.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have been denied the Wyndham card twice recently during their sales pitch but still have one and pay it off monthly. They told me the reason I was denied the newest card was because I had spoken to Ovation. I have repeatedly turned down CWA because I value my deeds. Am I wrong, as the salesmen keep saying access is the only course for me?

Did you actually apply for that card and were denied or was it just that the salesperson told you that you weren't eligible?

I would hang on to those deeds because with a deed you actually own something. CWA is just a contract that gives you the use of the of points and you don't actually own anything. You can call me old school but contracts can be broken, reneged upon; deeds are yours period. Well, yours as long as you don't default on your maintenance fees and lose them to foreclosure.

In years past we enjoyed getting the gift cards and other freebies from going to the updates and sales presentations. And periodically we did buy to get where we are now. It used to be that we did actually learn some new things when we went to the updates say prior to 2009 but that isn't the case now. We've finally quit going because the outright lies and manipulation have become so blatant that it is hard to stomach and offends us. Hearing that we won't be able to use what we paid a great deal of money for or any of the other b.s. nonsense we've heard gets us both upset and casts a pall over our vacation time. We truly do enjoy our stays at the resort so much more since we quit going to the updates/sales presentations.

So many of us are a great deal more knowledgeable than we were in the past. I know that I've learned so much here on on TUG and have found TUG to be an accurate and reliable source of information about any changes or new developments in Wyndham. You can safely assume that anything the salespeople tell you isn't true. Take your gifts, enjoy the rest of your vacation and tell your spouse, SO, family, friends who may be there with you how much the people on TUG will enjoy hearing your story about the update. We do seem to enjoy refuting what they say and reviling them for saying it.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have the Wyndham card but now they are saying that they have a credit card for developer only members that pays 15x the rewards.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the best things that he said was that the automatic upgrade will never change your room view and that I simply had no idea since I wasn't VIP. Well that isn't what I read here.

Also he said that his grandfather founded Shell.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the Wyndham card but now they are saying that they have a credit card for developer only members that pays 15x the rewards.

I have not read anywhere of them having that. It would make no sense for them to do that. The credit card fees they charge the merchants would not cover that reward program.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the best things that he said was that the automatic upgrade will never change your room view and that I simply had no idea since I wasn't VIP. Well that isn't what I read here.

Also he said that his grandfather founded Shell.
Is his grandfather Al Gore?

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
He said that Wyndham can change the rules with CWA since it is not deeded. So that woul really stink if you paid the big bucks for one of these contracts.

Another thing: The minimum points that Wyndham will sell a resale owner is 250k. It used to be 64k but they changed that with the new website rules.

He also said that blending CWA and plus points under the same member number will make things not work properly and that they should be under different member numbers. Is their a choice?

Obviously, Wyndham can change the rules of BOTH CWA and CWP. Unless you have bought a fixed week, you are subject to these rule changes whether you own a UDI or CWA contract.

It's an outright lie that they will only sell a minimum of 250K points. This has been discussed before. The new website has nothing to do with that.

More hogwash regarding "not blending" CWA and CWP in the same member number.

I really do not understand why sales people say things that are so obviously wrong... are they really that ill-informed? Or are they really willing to lie and say anything they think might help make the sale?

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you actually apply for that card and were denied or was it just that the salesperson told you that you weren't eligible?

I would hang on to those deeds because with a deed you actually own something. CWA is just a contract that gives you the use of the of points and you don't

I would hang on to those deeds because with a deed you actually own something. CWA is just a contract that gives you the use of the of points and you don't actually own anything. You can call me old school but contracts can be broken, reneged upon; deeds are yours period. Well, yours as long as you don't default on your maintenance fees and lose them to foreclosure.

In years past we enjoyed getting the gift cards and other freebies from going to the updates and sales presentations. And periodically we did buy to get where we are now. It used to be that we did actually learn some new things when we went to the updates say prior to 2009 but that isn't the case now. We've finally quit going because the outright lies and manipulation have become so blatant that it is hard to stomach and offends us. Hearing that we won't be able to use what we paid a great deal of money for or any of the other b.s. nonsense we've heard gets us both upset and casts a pall over our vacation time. We truly do enjoy our stays at the resort so much more since we quit going to the updates/sales presentations.

So many of us are a great deal more knowledgeable than we were in the past. I know that I've learned so much here on on TUG and have found TUG to be an accurate and reliable source of information about any changes or new developments in Wyndham. You can safely assume that anything the salespeople tell you isn't true. Take your gifts, enjoy the rest of your vacation and tell your spouse, SO, family, friends who may be there with you how much the people on TUG will enjoy hearing your story about the update. We do seem to enjoy refuting what they say and reviling them for saying it.

Thank you for your support of keeping the deeds. Scambusters just wrote me about ovations again but I told them they would not help me with the $3000 owed to buy a timeshare but I am working with the Federal Trade Commission on another scam and hope they will soon help me. I got my Wyndham rewards card when I bought at the great Smokies lodge and was told it would help pay my fees. That was the straw that broke the trust and lowered me to Silver. I use it for hotels mainly but today the computer was only allowing full pay (15,000 points) or a non refundable price for $15.00 more. It seems the go fast (3000 points) plus small pay mat be quickly being removed from the system.
own anything. You can call me old school but contracts can be broken, reneged upon; deeds are yours period. Well, yours as long as you don't default on your maintenance fees and lose them to foreclosure.

Alan B.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Springs
Obviously, Wyndham can change the rules of BOTH CWA and CWP. Unless you have bought a fixed week, you are subject to these rule changes whether you own a UDI or CWA contract

More hogwash regarding "not blending" CWA and CWP in the same member number.

I really do not understand why sales people say things that are so obviously wrong... are they really that ill-informed? Or are they really willing to lie and say anything they think might help make the sale?

New sales pitch! I own CWP at the Platinum level and have steered clear of CWA which has a MF higher than I am paying (Steamboat Springs). Sales is offering an "add on deed" saying that CWA units are not visible to CWP owners even at the 10-month point! I figured more and more of units would become CWA over time and could be booked prior to the 10-month window by CWA owners, but I also have always heard that ALL remaining inventory would show at 10-months regardless if in CWA or CWP. More bovine excrement or have they changed (again)?

Alan B.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Springs
New sales pitch! I own CWP at the Platinum level and have steered clear of CWA which has a MF higher than I am paying (Steamboat Springs). Sales is offering an "add on deed" saying that CWA units are not visible to CWP owners even at the 10-month point! I figured more and more of units would become CWA over time and could be booked prior to the 10-month window by CWA owners, but I also have always heard that ALL remaining inventory would show at 10-months regardless if in CWA or CWP. More bovine excrement or have they changed (again)?

Met with rep again (silly me) and asked him for something in writing that says that CWP owners cannot see all inventory during the SRP. He still maintained that some CWA inventory is not shown to CWP owners but he didn't offer proof. I don't buy it and I didn't buy it!!!

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Met with rep again (silly me) and asked him for something in writing that says that CWP owners cannot see all inventory during the SRP. He still maintained that some CWA inventory is not shown to CWP owners but he didn't offer proof. I don't buy it and I didn't buy it!!!

The only CWA inventory a CWP owner would not see is during the ARP window. Points are points at 10 months. Doesn't matter the type. The salesperson is either lying or doesn't know the rules.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The only CWA inventory a CWP owner would not see is during the ARP window. Points are points at 10 months. Doesn't matter the type. The salesperson is either lying or doesn't know the rules.
You're too kind. He knows the rules. It's his job. Which leaves just one alternative. That's why they're called sales weasels.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
You're too kind. He knows the rules. It's his job. Which leaves just one alternative. That's why they're called sales weasels.

I've been to a few updates over the last few months. There are weasels for sure, and there are others who truly have no idea about the product. They are not all wily sales guys.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
They deflect and ask you to wait until the one on ones.
Yes, we went to National Harbor update( to get parking refunded) and someone tried to start a conversation about the website. The presenter quickly moved on.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thank you. I am holding on in hopes of something more than the $3000 owed to Buy a Timeshare that scammed me. I am working with an attorney with the Federal Trade Commission on another scam and hope he can help me later. When my grandchildren all said to sell, I felt desperate in 2015 but now my daughter and I have enjoyed using all of the 402,000 points each year and will continue until I sell. I was able to rent out a few thousand and the proceeds helped just as I needed it. At 83 on a fixed income we need whatever we can get legally.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We were just at Wyndham Nashville for a week. We were never even offered an owners' update . . . only the in-room survey, that would take 10-15 minutes. We initially said we would do it (no gifting!) but then cancelled a couple of days later due to scheduling on our end. No hard sale or push for anything from them. I'm thinking our ownership record may be flagged due to buying resale.

As for the website upgrade, yes, a real PITA . . . not sure why they chose the busy season unless to provide some drama and "need" to go to the owner updates.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I would honestly pay money to get on that list.

To never be bothered again by the parking pass people? Totally worth it.
I think I am now on that list. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you TUG for all of the good answers that we will never get from the salesmeb. The past two visits at the Smokies were easily exited but very hard for the new salesman they had told me were the experts (lol). I did go to the lodge since that was where my ownership is just to question the exit from CWA voted on in December by the trust but no one knew anything about it. They did everything they could to convince me CWA was my only hope. I did visit Fairfield Bay in hopes to find the office in Little Rock where my letters are returned but decided against it since the person at the lodge had said "all deeds are in Orlando".
Lies about " we don't have a sales meeting here " are now standard. I would not attend if my daughter didn't insist that they owe me to hear my story. The first question is about "recininds" from sales in previous meetings. One was with the "Pathways" which brought many questions as I took it back to my trustees and immediately rescinded. The other was in Orlando when I bought a "Discover package" and gave them my Discover Card check which they tore up and told the salesman to never take one if those again and to get another "valid" check from me. Discover said they would have honored the check if it had been sent but I was glad they tire it up. That did cost me a credit score reduction as I didn't know they reported it to Transunion.
I couldn't find a two bedroom in Orlando for my 83rd birthday to celebrate with classmates from Tampa area so I decided to use my 51,000 RCI point in reserve. Has a wonderful 2 bedroom lockout at vacation resorts but had to attend sales meeting (3 before exit) but learned that Worldmark owns all Wyndham hotels and Wyndham doesn't own RCI. Also I paid more than I should have as they didn't use my 51,000 points as I needed 58,000 and I could just pay the money instead. Now I lost the 51,000 and again scammed out of money by fast talkers.
I love my Fairfield purchase but very disappointed with the sales tactics that stole my grandchildrens trust from me because they became wise to their lies.
I will be going back to the Smokies two more times this year and to the Lake Lure in October for the first and probably last time. Will probably attend sakes again if my daughter insists so we don't have to eat "dog food" the next week. Maybe they will have me on the DNT LIST.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My grandchildren who removed their deeds from the trust want to get rid of them noiw as they have trouble booking at the time they can go and with three children they need more than their points allow. They have Thanksgiving week at fairway forest in sapphire valley(126,000) and 77_000 at the Smokies governor crossing.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After signing with Buy a Timeshare for the $3000. I called to tell them I wanted to donate my deeds to Living Waters Counseling in Headland, AL to help them build cabins for respite care of families dealing with mental illnesses. This past February I attended the dedication of the cabins, fully funded by matching funds from the Wiregrass Foundation in Dothan, AL. The director, Dr Ginger Meyer, had a new vision for a college to prepare more counselors and doctors to be built for trainng of Christian workers. I talked with a trustee and again offered my timeshare deeds to help but they seem to be worthless.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
After signing with Buy a Timeshare for the $3000. I called to tell them I wanted to donate my deeds to Living Waters Counseling in Headland, AL to help them build cabins for respite care of families dealing with mental illnesses. This past February I attended the dedication of the cabins, fully funded by matching funds from the Wiregrass Foundation in Dothan, AL. The director, Dr Ginger Meyer, had a new vision for a college to prepare more counselors and doctors to be built for trainng of Christian workers. I talked with a trustee and again offered my timeshare deeds to help but they seem to be worthless.
I'm not sure why you thought a church in Alabama (who, frankly, seems almost as questionable as the timeshare salesmen from my quick googling) would be interested in a timeshare, obviously it's worthless to them - taking a weeks vacation someplace isn't going to help them build cabins. But that doesn't mean it's inherently worthless, just that it is *to them*. There's plenty of people willing to take a free or cheap Wyndham contract off your hands, it's just a matter of offering it in the correct market. Neither churches or $3000 pay-up-front postcard operations are that market - you'd be better served by posting in the Bargain Bin forum here if you want to get rid of them.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure why you thought a church in Alabama (who, frankly, seems almost as questionable as the timeshare salesmen from my quick googling) would be interested in a timeshare, obviously it's worthless to them - taking a weeks vacation someplace isn't going to help them build cabins. But that doesn't mean it's inherently worthless, just that it is *to them*. There's plenty of people willing to take a free or cheap Wyndham contract off your hands, it's just a matter of offering it in the correct market. Neither churches or $3000 pay-up-front postcard operations are that market - you'd be better served by posting in the Bargain Bin forum here if you want to get rid of them.
Thank you. You are right, they are worthless right now but not ready to sell until a better offer. Hoping website may soon be better too.