• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner update

jbteal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great Smokies Lodge
Thanks to all you on TUG went to a update I asked them about the lawsuit in Sevierville they new nothing ask them about the suspensions they new nothing asked them why I lost points and Arp because they changed my use year no answer asked them why they started the new Website at the worst time during summer travel season she said that's a good question by this time there was nothing wrong with my ownership sent me on my way thanks to reading all the information and getting educated that was a easy $125

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG is growing faster with the upgrade that happened this year. It's showing up in the search engines better and people are landing here more often for improved education on their ownerships. Other social media like the FB group is also growing more rapidly.

Sometimes we get a little TOO over-analytic here but for the most part it's just super helpful info and a way to keep a solid beat on what's happening with our ownerships. Arming owners with information helps them better navigate these sales meetings.

Good post!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
so, spent the weekend at kingsgate in Williamsburg (one of our favorite resorts. Not posh, but well maintained with unique amenities like game rooms with unlimited play on actual arcade games, bar at the pools, adult only pool, tennis etc). Nice functional 2 bedroom. Went to the owners update so I could vent about the website. Parking pass personnel were insistent, but polite. Pushing the did you sign up for the new benefits when you signed up for the new website line. Tried to imply auto-upgrade was one of these additional benefits that required an additional sign up. Acted surprised when I explained already have that just by signing in to the new site. They also claimed that Williamsburg no longer has a "sales staff", just people to help owners. My daughter commented on that line all weekend. Hot lunch was roasted chicken, potatoes and green beans, not bad. Group presentation was not long, but no questions allowed during group. Descent presenter, only stretched the truth through implication, no outright lies. emphasized that wyndham is the worlds largest hotel company and that they are making it easier for owners to take advantage of that. One on one was almost fun. We of course were a priority one account. We are platinum VIP (my mistake), and I suspect they would love to have our Alexandria deed in CWA. Explained to our salesmen all that is wrong with the new website (he seemed fairly new), then got passed to the priority one saleswomen. Started in with her about website as well, She made the usual excuses. I pointed out there is no excuse for the worlds largest hotel company to flub a booking engine. She tried to sell me CWA because the MF's are lower. When I pointed out that our average MF's are even lower and going up sower, she got frustrated and kept repeating that CWA was an average so it was better. I also said I prefer to own a deed rather than a membership. This got her to give up and we filled out the survey and went to gifting. No manager or closer, no pricing or pointing out what is wrong with our membership, and no signing up for additional benefits. Total time almost exactly 90 minutes, including eating lunch. More than half of the time was the group presentation, which is not horrible. I even learned something new, that you can use Wyndham reward points for cottages.com rentals. It is clear that the sales people are getting hammered on the website issues by owners. (as they should).

iaminak

Reaction score
I went to an update at Smokies Lodge this morning and had a similar experience. Sixty minutes was all we had to stay and breakfast/group presentation took 45 of it. Same as above, it was pretty low key, focusing on all the beautiful resorts, largest hotel company, etc. and did not allow any questions till we broke out with salesperson.

I had one question about credit pool going away and how they were phasing it out and could tell right away our sales guy knew nothing about actually owning so I didn't even bother. He used his 15 minutes shaking his head in disbelief that we weren't interested in making a purchase that would save us money. I so wanted to attack that theory to watch him squirm but decided it wasn't worth it. Got out with my $100 and headed to the water park.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I went to an update at Smokies Lodge this morning and had a similar experience. Sixty minutes was all we had to stay and breakfast/group presentation took 45 of it. Same as above, it was pretty low key, focusing on all the beautiful resorts, largest hotel company, etc. and did not allow any questions till we broke out with salesperson.

I had one question about credit pool going away and how they were phasing it out and could tell right away our sales guy knew nothing about actually owning so I didn't even bother. He used his 15 minutes shaking his head in disbelief that we weren't interested in making a purchase that would save us money. I so wanted to attack that theory to watch him squirm but decided it wasn't worth it. Got out with my $100 and headed to the water park.
I wonder what would happen if someone stood up in the "no questions" group meeting and began asking about the new website problems and all of the degraded ownership benefits..?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what is the verdict on how often they want you to attend? Are they stepping up Owner's Updates because of the new website, or will they see your last update and leave you alone.

We are heading into our first stay with our own points, but we just did a horrid three hour update at Midtown 45 about two months ago. I've already told the kids that if we can't get out of going that I give them permission to misbehave. I need to order those TUG t-shirts for the kids to wear over their swimsuits. :)

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
we just did a horrid three hour update at Midtown 45 about two months ago. I've already told the kids that if we can't get out of going that I give them permission to misbehave. I need to order those TUG t-shirts for the kids to wear over their swimsuits. :)

Don't know the ages of the kids, but I could train my young nephews into spewing facts back to the salesman's lies .. some boys HIGH PITCH voices really can carry over then entire room and down the hall ... bet you could cut your tour time down to 10-15 minutes. Bring baggies to fill as you leave.

I bet that stunt would get you on the DNT list (Do Not Tour).

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
So what is the verdict on how often they want you to attend? Are they stepping up Owner's Updates because of the new website, or will they see your last update and leave you alone.

We are heading into our first stay with our own points, but we just did a horrid three hour update at Midtown 45 about two months ago. I've already told the kids that if we can't get out of going that I give them permission to misbehave. I need to order those TUG t-shirts for the kids to wear over their swimsuits. :)

I did three updates in a little over a week once. Easiest $350.00 I've made. They don't seem to care how recently you've been to an "update". If they haven't made their quota for the day, they want you. They do take no for an answer, if you don't want to go to the update. You just have to keep saying it. Don't say anything other than "NO".

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would honestly pay money to get on that list.

To never be bothered again by the parking pass people? Totally worth it.
Ha! New option for the existing owner as an "upgrade"....... ???

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would honestly pay money to get on that list.

To never be bothered again by the parking pass people? Totally worth it.

after I got on the list I would demand my update. They let me go but they wouldn't give me a prize. That lasted a while, then they wouldn't let me go at all
they wouldn't even let me have breakfast

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
after I got on the list I would demand my update. They let me go but they wouldn't give me a prize. That lasted a while, then they wouldn't let me go at all
they wouldn't even let me have breakfast
So, post-settlement are you still on the DNT, presuming you are still considered an owner?

Or would they have you on a different list if you are traveling as a guest of an owner?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, post-settlement are you still on the DNT, presuming you are still considered an owner?

Or would they have you on a different list if you are traveling as a guest of an owner?
I haven't been to one of the resorts since my suspension. And I will be traveling with an owner or as a guest next time
So I don't know what going to happen

I'll definitely go to a meeting if it's offered. And I'll report back here

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I haven't been to one of the resorts since my suspension. And I will be traveling with an owner or as a guest next time
So I don't know what going to happen

I'll definitely go to a meeting if it's offered. And I'll report back here

Bet - I am not the only one who would like to see the video of that presentation / when does it come out on Youtube

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also on a DNT. But I did make it in to one... after they scheduled me in the morning, I showed up, and they were "full" (Lie number 1). Another salesman sees me there and says, are you here for the presentation? I said yes, but I was told it was full. He got a strange look on his face and said, "no, we're not full. C'mon." He then goes to check me in and lo and behold, there's another problem... they need me to come back in the afternoon. (Apparently afternoon sessions are for "training" because all the good marks are sent to morning sessions. And they didn't want me to taint the "good" mark population.)

Long story short, I eventually got to the presentation but was not able to get what I wanted (shocker). But I gave them every opportunity to sell me. No problem with gifting.

Ron, when you travel on someone else's account I think you'll be invited to tour. Unless you are on a very very special DNT list. That was my experience. I was insisting I was on the DNT list, and they said, "No, you're good to go... let me schedule you in." (At Midtown 45... a location I know I never want to do a presentation). But I was traveling on another account so that's why I wasn't marked as a DNT then...

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Ron, when you travel on someone else's account I think you'll be invited to tour. Unless you are on a very very special DNT list. .

I am pretty sure they have a picture of Ron up in every sales center with the caption "Do Not Market To This Guy". :D

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Still attending sales meetings hoping for better answers. It is like insanity to expect any. Trying to say fees are too high for me, they instead offer me more points and triple the fees and wonder why I wasn't excited to hear the great offer. This was my last meeting at the smoky mountain two weeks ago. At least it is easier to get out before 3 hours and I was happy to spend the time before I checked in since we arrived early and we're waiting for our room.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

The answer is YES, they want to update me on their new system. They promised only 60 minutes with the gift up front.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I did the update. I was out in 60 minutes. There were only two owners at the update. The other twenty plus people were guests in for the 120 minutes.

What I was told:

CWA:
I have zero ARP as a resale owner.
It reverts back to Wyndham at owner's death.

And I'm not eligible for their member's only credit card with no developer points.

They sure do make you feel like a second class citizen.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I did the update. I was out in 60 minutes. There were only two owners at the update. The other twenty plus people were guests in for the 120 minutes.

What I was told:

CWA:
I have zero ARP as a resale owner.
It reverts back to Wyndham at owner's death.

And I'm not eligible for their member's only credit card with no developer points.

They sure do make you feel like a second class citizen.

Love the part that it reverts back to Wyndhams at the owners death. So when we die our family can't get it, or are they saying the original sucker that bought the developer points we lose our points? We need to write a book of funny things sales says.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the part that it reverts back to Wyndhams at the owners death. So when we die our family can't get it, or are they saying the original sucker that bought the developer points we lose our points? We need to write a book of funny things sales says.

He said that Wyndham can change the rules with CWA since it is not deeded. So that woul really stink if you paid the big bucks for one of these contracts.

Another thing: The minimum points that Wyndham will sell a resale owner is 250k. It used to be 64k but they changed that with the new website rules.

He also said that blending CWA and plus points under the same member number will make things not work properly and that they should be under different member numbers. Is their a choice?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
He also said that blending CWA and plus points under the same member number will make things not work properly and that they should be under different member numbers. Is their a choice?

This might make sense.
It's possible that the arp logic might not function the same for both types of points.