• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovation and VIP?
I purchased 4 resale contracts totaling over 500k points in 2001 when it was still Fairfield and under old VIP rules so I have been VIP Gold for 14 yrs. Im turning 2 of the contracts back in under CAP but will still have over 300K points. Any one know if I'll lose VIP totally or be bumped down to Silver? I know the new Siver level is 400k, but just curious if I still fall under the old rules. No one at Wyndham seems to know, its basically wait and see what happens.

On a side note, Ovation (CAP) was the only option for me. I havent been able to even give the 2 contracts away with out being asked to split costs. They both became very high per point maint fee.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will lose all VIP standing ... your new ownership level is under 400K but the "powers to be" took the points under CAP verses Ovations with the 3 years of "MF points".

They aren't saying as they want the FREE points and KNOW you won't be a Happy Camper if you lose VIP level.

If you want to get rid of the 308K contract, try giving it away on TUG under "Bargain Deals" ... in the new world order of Wyndham points, 308K is a bigger FREE number than 2 154K contracts each with the $299 resort transfer fee. :(

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will lose all VIP standing ... your new ownership level is under 400K but the "powers to be" took the points under CAP verses Ovations with the 3 years of "MF points".

They aren't saying as they want the FREE points and KNOW you won't be a Happy Camper if you lose VIP level.

If you want to get rid of the 308K contract, try giving it away on TUG under "Bargain Deals" ... in the new world order of Wyndham points, 308K is a bigger FREE number than 2 154K contracts each with the $299 resort transfer fee. :(

Flagstaff is REALLY hard to give away. It's one of the most expensive MF CWS contracts I have seen.

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I kind of figured Id lose VIP all together but its not a big deal, the only thing I ever really got was the free paper. I have rarely been able to get an upgrade on my unit and I dont rent so the guest confirmations didnt matter.

My flagstaff contracts are my low maint ones, its 5.7 per 1k and Im ok with those. The ones I got rid of were Bay and Glade and both were high 7's, Im ok giving them back and no longer being on the hook for the maint fees.

Thanks

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Flagstaff resort will take back your deed with no compensation. Contact the Flagstaff resort.

roseamb60

Reaction score
Got rid of my points Iam a Happy Camper

Hi Folks Back in January I got rid of my four contracts at Glade, Sedona and Nashville totaling 517,00 points through the Limited Edition programs My maintenance fees were over $3,600 dollars a yea due to the high maintenance at he Glade
I had tried to sell for several years on Tug, Red Week and E- Bay with no luck T The limited Edition program worked for me
I think we owe I think we owe someone called Buckspa who i think first posted about this program in late Dec 14 a big thank you and to Big Rob for his on going help in answering your questions As he has mentioned its a decent program Al so o all those who have posted about their experiences thank you too'
No Ovation isnt perfect neither was the Limited Edition ,but it got me ou tof a mostly good 26 year ownership plus steep maintenance fees that as a disabled senior I could no longer use,I got three years worth of points which my daughter will enjoy I hope.
Yes it is a win- win for Wyndham Yo u have to decide if it is a good program for you after examining papers that they send you or reading about it here or in other places
If you have retained some past bnefits or points good for you Each case may be different
p Know though that like in the past tha Wyndham could abruptly end these programs so one need to think about one wants to do going forward Good luck to all of you Rose

Last edited:

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post an update on the process and vip. To recap I had 4 resale contracts totaling 567k points I purchased back in 2001. I was vip gold. Less than 2 weeks ago I started the ovation process (pac) to turn back 2 contracts leaving me with 308k points.

Today the 2 turned back contracts are gone and my home page shows me as vip silver. The process was extremely quick for me, thankfully before my maint fees came out. In looking on the Wyndham site under the grand fathered vip info it says as long as I still have enough points for the vip level I was grandfathered to, I retain that level. In my case back when I bought silver was 300k which I still have.

I consider it a win win as I could not even give the 2 contracts away.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question to jrv331. Are u saying u had VIP gold with resale points?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question to jrv331. Are u saying u had VIP gold with resale points?

That's exactly what he said in an earlier post. Bought in 2001 under the old rules

Before my time so I can't comment but stranger things have happened. in 2010 I became VIP silver with an eBay purchase of 3 converted fixed weeks. Some years later I made that account platinum by converting 3 pahio fixed weeks to points. It took a purchase of a 126k eoy contract and a good salesman and $12000 (6000 down and 150 a month for the rest of my life) to make it happen

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That statement alone says much about where things are headed. Curious!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's just you are told that resale can never count for anything. Many shades of. . . truth

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's just you are told that resale can never count for anything. Many shades of. . . truth

I dont know anyone that would ever say that resale contracts count for nothing except perhaps some of the not too well informed Wyndham sales people

no shading there

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That who said that. That it will never count towards any of their programs

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a minute there thought I was going crazy. Do u have any idea when it, resale counting for cop

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a minute there thought I was going crazy. Do u have any idea when it, resale counting for cop

Sorry I dont understand the question

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying when I purchased it was still Fairfield and contracts were desirable, there was no one giving anything away. "Back then" the way to buy was to find the cheapest fixed red week and convert it to points. As long as you reached the point level you got the vip level.

I purchased 4 fixed weeks then PAID Fairfield/Wyndham sales dept 2500 (ea week) to convert to points. Since they did the conversion the contracts lost the resale flag. I had to call a few times to find the right sales agent but it worked. You could never do this today.

Shoot today I could get millions of points for less than one conversion fee. Im not sure when the rules changed but it has been all down hill from there for me with them. I see these high point contracts going for peanuts on Ebay and it drives me nuts to think what I paid. Although I dont ever even remember being on Ebay in 2001.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying when I purchased it was still Fairfield and contracts were desirable, there was no one giving anything away. "Back then" the way to buy was to find the cheapest fixed red week and convert it to points. As long as you reached the point level you got the vip level.

I purchased 4 fixed weeks then PAID Fairfield/Wyndham sales dept 2500 (ea week) to convert to points. Since they did the conversion the contracts lost the resale flag. I had to call a few times to find the right sales agent but it worked. You could never do this today.

Shoot today I could get millions of points for less than one conversion fee. Im not sure when the rules changed but it has been all down hill from there for me with them. I see these high point contracts going for peanuts on Ebay and it drives me nuts to think what I paid. Although I dont ever even remember being on Ebay in 2001.

What you say about pricing was true when I first started buying, but no more
Points are selling for one to two cents a point. Even the high mf contracts are finding a home and bringing in real money
Recent examples are the two that I wanted and didnt get: the 6503000 CWA contract that went for $9350, and the 851000 Seawatch for $10000

What you own has value again

Last edited: