• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Our Favorite Ice Cream in Every State

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Our Favorite Ice Cream in Every State
By Jennifer McKee/ Where Traveler/ wheretraveler.com

"There's no more delicious way to celebrate life than with a scoop of ice cream.

As recommended by our team of 30-plus local editors, discover new favorites at these creameries, farms, mom-and-pop stands and parlors that have the freshest scoops around..."

mattsicecream_cmatts.jpg

Cones are piled high at Matt's. (Courtesy Matt's Homemade Ice Cream)

As usual, lists like these are arbitrary and there is more than one Ice Cream Parlor in each state that deserves to be on the list. For example, in Oregon, I would include a stop at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for some fresh ice cream from the Tillamook County Creamery. Fresh as in ice cream made from milk delivered that day from the dairy farms. Wow, what a difference fresh makes. I just learned recently that the Tillamook Cheese Factory Visitory's Center is closed until the summer of 2018. It is being completely rebuilt. For more info see
http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/02/tillamook_cheese_factory_closi.html

Feel free to add you favorite ice cream parlors to the list.

Richard

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
OK - TED DREWS - St Louis Mo.

6726 Chippewa Blvd
4224 S. Grand Blvd - (seasonal )

If you have not had a Ted Drews concrete - you haven't lived . - (really/ truly )

It is actually real frozen custard - made with eggs , honey and magic .
& worth going WAY out of your way to try .
(Only 250 miles from Branson Time Shares)

PS - read the Wikipedia article - than go try it
-all the different versions .

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I like Dairy Queen soft serve vanilla with cherry dip here in New York.

I vacation yearly in Vermont and I just don't get what is so great about Ben and Jerry's. Expensive too.

Thank goodness New Hampshire has lots of Dairy Queens, as we also vacation there yearly.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Orlando has several Twistee Treat locations, and it's by far my favorite soft serve. There is no competition for me. I get the chocolate-vanilla swirl cake cone. Love it so much that I will forget my Atkins diet and eat that ice cream.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Dairy Queen or similar are something we look forward to on vacation. Every time we go to Phoenix/Scottsdale we make a browsing trip to Carefree/Cave Creek and plan our day and meals around the fact that we will absolutely be stopping at the DQ in that area. Used to love the chocolate dipped cones, but for the last three years the steroid shots I'm getting in my spine have given me super sensitive teeth, in particular on the right side of my mouth which corresponds to injections for my right leg (pain doctor and dentist are skeptical, I know what I feel). That means I can't bite into anything cold so no dips for me and I end up having to throw most of my cone away too while Cliff wonders why I don't get a dish instead (just not the same experience!).

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort

I vacation yearly in Vermont and I just don't get what is so great about Ben and Jerry's. Expensive too.

Thank goodness New Hampshire has lots of Dairy Queens, as we also vacation there yearly.
The little Mobil station in Jeffersonville has great Maple Creemees. :) We also like them at Morse's Maple Farm in Montpelier. Though really...haven't yet found a creemee I didn't like.

Here in Maine, we like Gelato Fiasco. Not technically ice cream, of course....but SO good!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The little Mobil station in Jeffersonville has great Maple Creemees. :) We also like them at Morse's Maple Farm in Montpelier. Though really...haven't yet found a creemee I didn't like.

Here in Maine, we like Gelato Fiasco. Not technically ice cream, of course....but SO good!

Yes- I know. I also get those at the Vermont Maple Outlet sometimes. Used to be a place right across from Smuggs that had them, but those were more like ice milk and I didn't like them at all.

And- yes- I did have a delicious one at Morse Maple Farm as well!

I, too, like Italian gelato a lot. Good thing I rarely come across it- my weight is already over the top!

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Andy's in Branson can't be beat for frozen custard for my taste.
Tillamook for ice cream for me.
The only difference is if you are lucky enough to find a Dreyers Ice Cream shop like the one in the town above Palm Springs. There are something like (18) of them across the country and they carry special flavors only made for the .

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try Whitey's Ice cream in the quad cities (moline, rock island IL and Davenport and Milan Ia. In Crystal Lake, IL try Julie Ann's - lots of selection and very tastey frozen custard.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My two all time favorite ice cream shops are Tin Pot Creamary in Palo Alto and Milkcow in Fremont, both in the SF Bay Area. Milkcow is from South Korea. It serves organic soft ice cream. My favorite there is with organic honeycomb and liquid honey on top. Mmmm, my mouth waters just to think about it...

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like chocolate with your ice cream, even if it is not the best ice cream try Ghardelli's store in downtown San Franscico or Hersey's plant in Hersey PA. The smell alone will drive you crazy and the fresh chocolate will make it soooooo good.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahem... I like McDonalds soft serve, vanilla and choc twist, followed by vanilla if the store does not have the twist.

Then there is Magnolia ube (purple taro) ice cream that you can find in Asian markets. Love those too...

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I am with you on Ben and Jerry's. I find that their ice creams are too sweet.