*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Orlando Sentinel Article on cheap resale timeshares!

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by TUGBrian, Apr 6, 2011.

1. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

If you simply want to give your timeshare away, follow the directions at this link:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

There's no need for you to pay a large fee in the thousands for this company to supposedly take your timeshare off your hands.

You also asked if it is a scam. It is a scam if the company promises to take your timeshare off your hands but then goes the Power-of-Attorney route where it gets you to sign over Power-of-Attorney authorization and then is unsuccessful in selling it thus leaving you still as the legal owner and responsible for maintenance fees and special assessments.

2. AwayWeGo

AwayWeGo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Special Shirt Not Needed.

The Today Show producers said they'd let me know when the bit was going to be broadcast. But they forgot (just as I suspected they would). A non-timeshare person I know who happened to catch the show mentioned that he had seen it this morning.

We found the bit on the internet -- click here for the link we followed, which may or may not still work.

The bit was superficial, just as you'd expect. So it goes.

If 4 seconds of Uncle Alan on TV is not enough for you, you can click here & scroll down to The City Band: City Of Fairfax's Music Ambassador for a brief (non-timeshare) film in which I'm on screen somewhat longer than I was on the Today Show.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

3. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Good job, Alan.

Definitely a fluff piece, with very little said to help anyone who wants to get rid of a timeshare. I was disappointed by the advertising by Jason Tremblay of Sell My Timeshare Now. He said Hlton, Marriott, Disney, etc., all hold value, but we all know they will not the value of the developer cost. Very misleading.

It leads people to believe the retail cost is what you can sell a Marriott for today.

Last edited: May 23, 2011