• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando - recommendations?

M&JJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations on where to stay in mid August for 2 weeks. We are a group of 6 - My wife and I, my mother in law, and our 3 kids (17, 7, 4). I see lots available to trade through II. I'm attracted to the 3 bedroom available at Westgate Lakes for all the space but concerned about the relative poor ratings in comparison to the Marriotts and Sheratons that are also available but only in a 2 bedroom. Thoughts? Are there any 2 bedroom lockoffs in any of these?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
What are you planning to do in Orlando?

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
The Vistana resorts both have 2BR LO's but I don't think there is any way to guarantee you get one on exchange. Most owners split their LO on deposit to get maximum trade value (at least on RCI since they get almost double the TPU, assume they would get more trade on II as well). Most of the units on trade would be standard 2BR units. With Vistana Resort you could trade for a 2BR sleeps 8 and request placement in Courts (Sat only though). The upper townhome villas there have a sleeping loft (sofa bed) that is much like a 3rd bedroom.

ETA: Does Wyndham (Bonnet Creek) trade on II? They are a very popular resort and have large presidential suites that would suit well.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a 3BR at Grande Vista available right now for immediate exchange with a late August check-in. Given the ages of your kids I'd recommend without hesitation.

Imperial Palms is all 3BRs and with that your kids get to enjoy that great pool slide at the World Center. Immediate availability here also for August.

What are you offering for exchange? 2BR or 3BR? Marriott or non-Marriott? Not likely these will make it past Marriott preference.

Check out Lakeshore Reserve too :cool: but don't wait or they'll be gone.

Last edited:

M&JJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Our plan is to spend 5 or 6 days at Disney parks, maybe a day at a beach, a day shopping and the rest of the time at the resort in a pool. I have a 2 bedroom at a Westin for trade. We are looking to go from Aug 13 -27. I can see the 2 bedroom units at the Marriotts and Sheratons but no 3 bedroom units for our dates. I see the 3 bedroom Westgate Lakes and Star Island. Westgate looks good but the reviews arent great. Will I be disappointed if I choose it or is it good enough. Any other thoughts?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
It depends what good enough is for you. If you are used to Westin, I would take a Marriott. IMHO, Vistana is a step down from the Marriotts. Star Island was fine with good pools, but it was a number of years ago. I would take a 3br there over Westgate.
Mid-late Aug is low season. Put in an ongoing search for M and V 3BRs and give it a month. I bet you get something.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Our plan is to spend 5 or 6 days at Disney parks, maybe a day at a beach, a day shopping and the rest of the time at the resort in a pool. I have a 2 bedroom at a Westin for trade. We are looking to go from Aug 13 -27. I can see the 2 bedroom units at the Marriotts and Sheratons but no 3 bedroom units for our dates. I see the 3 bedroom Westgate Lakes and Star Island. Westgate looks good but the reviews arent great. Will I be disappointed if I choose it or is it good enough. Any other thoughts?
You may get more choice if you can go also from Aug 12-26 (Sat to Sat) in place of only Aug 13 -27 (Sun to Sun) at some resorts.
Look at Getaways too. If you add the exchange fee and the upgrade fee to your MF, your MF must be very low to compete with Getaways cost at some resort.
Westgate Lakes Resort
Orlando , FL , USA
RYS

Aug 20 2017 - Aug 27 2017
icon_unit.gif
icon_kitchen.gif

$597.00 $572.00 $547.00

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Did you try Summer Bay houses? They are very nice and private. I also recommend Orange Lake. I would pick Star Island over Westgate. If there is availability Silver Lake is also a good choice. Have a fun time wherever you choose!
Silentg

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Star Island has the best two bedroom lock off set up of any of the resorts we've stayed at. The bedroom in the smaller side has two double beds instead of a king which is great for sleeping more people. Also the living room/kitchen area of the smaller side has a door that closes so if you are using the sofa bed it functions well as a third bedroom. They recently put in a new playground which your 4 and 7 year olds will like. The pools are very nice there also. Since you are planning a summer trip you will really appreciate the shade in both the playground and the miniature golf areas. I recommend asking for building 25 as it is very convenient to the pool, miniature golf and playground.

FP_StarIsland_2B-Lockoff.gif

Last edited: