• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando Flagging on Craigslist

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I started advertising my Orlando rental on Craigslist a few weeks ago and it got flagged and deleted today. This happened last year and I wonder if anyone else is still having this problem with Orlando ads.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's been going on for more than a year - it's extremely frustrating. On Craigslist - members can flag and delete other people's Ads. Incredibly stupid but true. I'm sure your Ad is fine - it's just other advertisers eliminating the competition. It's a p***ing contest. :doh:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you just keep reposting your ad and see how long it lasts? Luckily I only have one week to rent there.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can, but eventually, if you get flagged enough, you will be blocked from posting.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DON'T go asking for "help" from the Craigslist flagging forum. In my 25 years of posting on online forums, I had never seen such a collection of nasty, insulting trolls before!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - they have an unmoderated "help" forum - it's just a chat room full of foul mouthed know-it-all's.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can those moderators or other users "see" if you don't live in the Orlando area?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no MODERATION in craigslist - It's the power of the "majority" {mob mentality}

X people flag you your ad it's out

Your ads are flagged X times your user name is out

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you get flagged X times and get thrown out, does that just apply to that city or all cities on Craigslist?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't know the answer to your question (if it applies to all cities or just Orlando) but I don't think it's too big a deal, I don't worry about it. I think you are only blocked for a short period of time, even if you do get blocked from posting.

Can I say this/should I say this? If you have 2 phones numbers, you can have 2 email addresses, ie: get blocked on one email address, use the other.

I'm not trying to be dishonest, but if I'm getting flagged for no good reason, and craigslist won't help me, then I think it's fair to find my own workaround.

I save my ad and can repost in very little time. The flaggers might be doing me a favor. If I am persistent at reposting my ads, I almost always get one or two inquiries before I get flagged.

I thought the flagging had slowed down, but I haven't posted an ad for awhile. With prime season coming up, maybe the flaggers are at it again.

Good luck.

Travelclam

TUG Member
Reaction score
The flagging seems to be temporary, at least that's my experience. I had my ads flagged for deletion a few months back for about 2 wks time. I stayed away for a couple of weeks and reposted the same ad. I hadn't gotten flagged for deletion since.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've had to reinvent ourselves on CL with a new account, when our listings did not appear. It appeared we were active on our own home page, and we received email confirmations, but our listings never were posted on the web.
We emailed for help but got none. We were getting desperate because we were advertising a home rental and were losing money every day it did not rent. We did the "workaround". We also discovered that if you do not use CL for 90 days you can get a new account with your old phone number.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, that's what happens when your Acct. is blocked - you don't get any notification, but your posts are blocked and don't "go live." In other words it appears that your posts are going through, but when you look on the Orlando page, they don't appear.

If you can use a different phone number, and email address you can usually create a new Craigslist Acct. and get back in the game, but that won't stop people from flagging you. It's even better if you can post from a different IP, because I think Craigslist tracks all 3.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a CL rental ad in the Orlando section for a while now with no problem but it got flagged and removed earlier this evening. Are others still having problems with Orlando flagging? Is it a problem to repost it tomorrow? I've never had this proble with any other city, just Orlando.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've had a CL rental ad in the Orlando section for a while now with no problem but it got flagged and removed earlier this evening. Are others still having problems with Orlando flagging? Is it a problem to repost it tomorrow? I've never had this proble with any other city, just Orlando.

It is an ongoing problem on the Orlando Forum.

Try creating a new account with an new email address, new phone number, and new internet address, if you can.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Ad Flagged

In looking at it closer, it wasn't Orlando but a Phoenix ad that was flagged. First time this has happened. Has anyone experienced flagging in Phoenix?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In looking at it closer, it wasn't Orlando but a Phoenix ad that was flagged. First time this has happened. Has anyone experienced flagging in Phoenix?

It can happen anywere, but Orlando is the worst!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

It can happen anywere, but Orlando is the worst!
Our timeshare giveaway ads in the Orlando & Las Vegas & Indianapolis Craig's List "free" sections all got flagged & removed shortly after we sent'm in.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
is it craigslist.

Craigslist has no official moderators. Any casual member can flag your Ad. On the Orlando Forum, I believe their is an organized effort to cut out the competition.