• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake ROFR

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes but it is rarely used.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
word is they are using ROFR more now than they have the past.

I should now here in a week or so

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Not that I know of.

TilleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It most certainly does ROFR. I have tried 3 times in the last year to buy a week there and was refused each time.

I talked to the deed office at one point and they said they exercise it unless the situation is a clear "giving it away". If money is involved they feel it is theirs...

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
what constituted "giving it away"?? did they say.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
They don't broadcast it but if everything is paid up I understand they will deed back.
You might have to fight for this

mrlajoie

Reaction score
I have to agree, Orange Lake definitely exercises their ROFR. I was able to pickup a unit at $49 and another for $89, but a friend had trouble when it was over $200.... They finally got in.

TilleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just closed on a resale at Orange Lake. After 4 ROFR's my successful attempt was through a fellow Tug member. But, they said they would ROFR. She wrote an appeal letter the same day. She made a big fuss about them "controlling" what she did with her own property and they backed down within minutes of her sending the letter. Very grateful she was willing to fight for me to have it!

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
good for you, yes we should be able to sell them to who we want and for how much we want to sell it for.

Congrats and welcome to the HICV family !

Video Gal

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but topic still relevant! Who do I contact at HICV to inquire about deedbacks and ROFR at Orange Lake? I'm trying to sell timeshare for my dad (senior on benefits) who continually pays close to $1K maintenance fee annually + not used property in 20 years. He's been scammed by resale companies, so has finally agreed to let me help him sell. After reading several threads, my concern is we find a buyer and HICV will intervene and stop the sale. Would like to know upfront what I'm against. Appreciate your input.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I would tell them he has been paying close to a grand a year as well plus at his age just walking away is a thing as well. not a big deal if you ask me just saying..

Video Gal

Reaction score
I would tell them he has been paying close to a grand a year as well plus at his age just walking away is a thing as well. not a big deal if you ask me just saying..
Will keep that in my back pocket if the 'ask' isn't received well on their end. Thanks!

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
good luck!!

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Can I ask how HIVC structures their ROFR? Seems to run counter to my understanding of how HGVC or Vistana do it. In those cases, if a unit sells privately for a low figure, the resort has the right buy the unit for the same price shutting out the buyer. This tends to keep the interval values high as those who want in must bid higher to overcome the ROFR. The seller always gets to complete the sale, but just to the resort rather than the private buyer. And effectively this is like allowing deedbacks as well; so long as the seller can find a willing buyer, even at a dollar, the sale will close.

The posts above make it sound like Holiday Inn is completely blocking legitimate sales if the price is too high ($200 or more)? They do not have to purchase the unit themselves? I think I would have a few problems with that; must have been a pretty bright lawyer who managed to get that clause into the Timeshare documents! How can they block you from selling what is rightfully yours without having to assume the sale themselves?

Video Gal

Reaction score
Can't speak to your comment about HIVC - but following up on my initial inquiry. Received an email from Capital Management saying they would send a warranty deed to me. No other details. I did a quick Google search to learn about what it is. Wondering if anyone's had any experience with one with HIVC/Orange Lake + could advise what I should be aware of? Thanks