• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake just acquired SilverLeaf Resorts

Rehdaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sandy. Glad to see that Orange Lake is expanding. Interesting note from the press release...

Orange Lake Holdings will now operate two brands independently, Holiday Inn Club Vacations® and Silverleaf Resorts, encompassing 26 resorts, 7,200 villas and over 320,000 owners. Club members in each brand will continue to enjoy all the benefits of their existing membership plans.

I wonder how easy or hard it will be to reserve the other brands resorts. Hopefully they will add the other resorts into their reservation system and not require us to go through RCI.

Link was broken.

Updated Link to Press Release

JimGrant

Reaction score
Holiday Hills

I wonder if Silverleaf or now Orange Lake will be allowed to sell in Branson, MO at Holiday Hills. For years they have only been able to sell to Silverleaf owners and Exchange owners. Anyone know?:annoyed:

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, sorry.

I am not familiar with any of the SilverLeaf resorts. I took a look at their website to see the locations. They look nice from the photos, but I am wondering how they compare to those within the HIVC HICV group. I wonder what others think of this group of resorts compared to other timeshares.

thanks,

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I am an owner at Orange Lake, will we be able to book into Silver leaf resorts? Without RCI? Is this for points only owners or are fixed week owners at Orange Lake able to use this internal exchange too? This will be a boon for Silver Lake resorts, they are not from what I have seen on the same par with Orange Lake. This explains why construction was going on at Oak and Spruce, I will wait to go when this plan is finalized! I am sure this will be used as buying incentive at both Silver Leaf and Orange Lake sales pitches!

Last edited:

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
This is going to be interesting to see how all this is going to work. We will be going to Silverleaf Seaside in Galveston next week so will try to get any info I can but most of the time they say they don't know anything. We have been SL owners for a long time so if you have any questions on SL let me know.

My guess is if SL owners want to trade into HIVC there will be a price to pay to become a member of the club.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
This is going to be interesting to see how all this is going to work. We will be going to Silverleaf Seaside in Galveston next week so will try to get any info I can but most of the time they say they don't know anything. We have been SL owners for a long time so if you have any questions on SL let me know.

My guess is if SL owners want to trade into HIVC there will be a price to pay to become a member of the club.

You should check with the resort to see if they are doing construction at the resort. I bet they turn all Silver Leaf into HICV resorts. Being an owner at Orange Lake, I think they are nicer . I have stayed at a couple of converted HICV besides my Orange Lake timeshare. They have a very nice look to them but all are similar. What is your Silverleaf Seaside Resort like? Are you happy with it? Have a great trip. Hopefully, not under renovations when you are there.
Silentg

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right now there is construction across the road on the beach. The property is owned by Cerberus not part of SL Seaside. We have been trying to figure out what type units they are going to be and they won't tell us. They are building another Presidential right now and I think they are going to build another Ambassador, not started yet. Haven't been down there recently so not sure. Seaside has one Ambassadore (3 BR), Presidentials (2 BR LO) and Lodge Units (2 BR).

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Orange Lake already lists Silverleaf on their page, the deal is done, so if renovations are underway at Silverleaf resorts, they must be financed by Orange Lake.
I almost stayed at 2 of Silverleaf resorts but had to cancel last minute for one and the other I canceled when I found out construction was going on. Will check them out another time, when they are available thru HICV or Orange Lake!
Silentg

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think there is construction going on at Hill Country Resort at Canyon Lake, between San Antonio and Austin, TX. It is another Ambassador.

Holiday Hills in Branson opened up a new Indoor Pool earlier this year.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was a Silverleaf owner for over a decade and have stayed at 5 of their resorts. I like the resorts I visited. They generally have two types of units, the older "lodge" units which are sort of decorated like a hunting lodge and are lower quality units. Then there are the newer units "Presidentials" (2 bedroom lockout) Ambassadors (3 bed lockout) and Chairman (also 3 bed I think). This have more updated and higher quality furnishings and can be deposited into RCI as lock offs. The resort in the Texas Hill Country has a lazy river. Several of the resorts have an indoor pool which helps make it a year round resort.

Again, I was a very happy Silverleaf owner for many years and really loved the resorts. I know nothing about Orange Lake.

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Villages Resort located east Texas has the WaterPark with the lazy river not Hill Country. The Chairman (upscale furnishings) is a 2 BR Unit only at Holiday Hills in Branson.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Michael, I am sure Orange Lake will make the Silverleaf resorts compatible. Some of them are in areas that Orange Lake or HIVC does not have timeshares, so this will be a plus for them. I saw there was a Silverleaf resort just outside of Chicago area?
silentg

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
From what I have seen the MF's for Silverleaf aren't cheap but the quality doesn't match the fees. For those that buy retail there are lots of advantages in terms of bonus time but rather than pay for that out of developer funds the bonus time seems to be paid by MF's. So while $900 for one week is high it isn't bad if you have a fair amount of free and low cost bonus time that ends up being the equivalent of another week or two.

I don't own but that is what I understood when looking into that system.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holiday Inn Club and Silverleaf independent

I am an owner at Orange Lake, will we be able to book into Silver leaf resorts? Without RCI?
The press release seems to indicate "No".

"Orange Lake Holdings will now operate two brands independently, Holiday Inn Club Vacations® and Silverleaf Resorts, encompassing 26 resorts, 7,200 villas and over 320,000 owners. Club members in each brand will continue to enjoy all the benefits of their existing membership plans."

http://corporate.orangelake.com/docs/pressReleases/Acquisition_0515.pdf

However, there can still be economies of scale.

Charles

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, SL does have the Bonus Time Program. Older owners like myself have the Endless Escape Bonus which gets me up to 6 nights free at any SL Resort. Several 6 niters during the year will make up the higher m/f charged. The EE Bonus is not offered anymore to new buyers.

Barblich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Air
HICV Grand Geneva
HICV Desert Palms
Links Golf & Racket Club, Myrtle Beach
Vacation Village, Parkway
Falcon Cove, Avon, CO
SRL-Table Rock, Branson, MO
Hivc buys silverleaf

I am at Orange Lake right now and just got a call inviting me to an owners update. I wasn't going to go but then she told me two things. 1. They had just bought Silverleaf and 2. Hivc will also be available through Interval International. Since I belong to both RCI and II that was enough to get my interest (and the cash incentive :) ) so I am going Monday and will try to get as much info as I can and then report back.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, that's interesting. If HICV HIVC joins II, that will be of great interest to me.

Please keep us posted on what they say at the update. Of course, we know that often these updates are all hype, but there may be some truth to this. Anxious to hear you report.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Wonder if one in four rule will apply to II exchangers?

Barblich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Air
HICV Grand Geneva
HICV Desert Palms
Links Golf & Racket Club, Myrtle Beach
Vacation Village, Parkway
Falcon Cove, Avon, CO
SRL-Table Rock, Branson, MO
HIVC, Silverleaf & II

OK. First, I should have remembered the first cardinal rule of timesharing, take everything said with a very large grain of salt. That said, my saleslady, who was actually very nice and who, as soon as she realized I wasn't interested, just answered my questions and had me to gifting in 35 minutes, told me the following: Yes, Silverleaf is now owned by the Wilson family but will remain totally separate for the foreseeable future. I actually got the impression that they don't know anymore than what was in the press release also. As for II, HIVC is already an II member because their Virginia resort is II. Always has been. According to the saleslady there currently are no plans for any of the other resorts to join. Of course, she just may not have known. It has been my experience, that I usually know more about their systems than they do. Sorry, I don't have anything more interesting to report. I did get a tour of the 4 bedroom signature villa at Orange Lake though. That was nice :)

Rehdaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I figured the II affiliation was just the Williamsburg resort. Dual affiliation would mean higher costs I would guess.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your update. I know how it is going to these presentations. Good for you to get out in a hurry.

I also was under the impression that the II affiliation was only for the Williamsburg resort, not in general for all HICV HIVC resorts, including those like me with points in their system.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has HIVC used these words in a press release before?

"Orange Lake Holdings will now operate two brands independently"

I wonder if the time frame of this statement is the "until we are able to consolidate" like previous acquisitions and if it will just take longer because there are so many SilverLeaf resorts?

Or will they remain separate indefinitely with no plans to rebrand/merge them?

-Scott