• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ongoing Sales Incentive - Enrolling Post-6/20/10 Weeks [MERGED]

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
? same offer for external Marriott week purchased after cutoff

Hi, I received this in an email today regarding a week purchased after cutoff date. I called the number attached to email and this was Barony Beach front desk. Location of our resale purchase.

Unfortunately they new nothing and transferred me to sales who wanted to sign me up for an update? Not in HHI to do this.

I am guessing the same offer made earlier to purchase points and ability to enroll weeks? No confirmation from Marriott?

New Opportunity to Enroll Your External Weeks!

The program allowing you to enroll your externally purchased Marriott Vacation Club® week(s) has expired, but there's still an opportunity to enroll your externally purchased week(s)! Join other Owners who enrolled their weeks during the last program and enjoy more flexibility and vacation options with your Marriott Vacation Club ownership. Hurry! This new opportunity ends December 30, 2015.

For details about enrolling and this limited-time offer,call

Last edited by a moderator:

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
I received the same email today.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
According to [Link deleted.] post at the end of the thread discussing the previous deal, SeaDoc (a MVC sales rep) posted that there was a new, slightly tweaked deal, running through Dec 30th.

ArBravesFan

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
enroll resale week

I am scheduled to take the tour at Ocean Pointe tomorrow. Is there an offer to enroll resale week (post-2010) without purchasing additional DC points? Maybe with the purchase of an encore package? Please help me!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am scheduled to take the tour at Ocean Pointe tomorrow. Is there an offer to enroll resale week (post-2010) without purchasing additional DC points? Maybe with the purchase of an encore package? Please help me!

I think the offer for free enrollment of weeks through an Encore package only applied to pre 6/20/2010 resale or developer weeks. I am aware of no offer to enroll post 6/20/2010 resale weeks unless you purchase DC Trust points, if that offer still stands.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

If you are thinking that you want to enroll a post-2010 resale week, then get the encore package. You can apply the cost of the encore package to the required points purchase to enroll a post-2010 resale week. You will also lock-in the price per point as of the date of your encore contract, and can be saving the money you will need to complete the purchase when you come back a year from then. Meanwhile, enjoy the added benefit of the encore package you bought (MRPs, return resort visit, cruise certificate, etc.) for the same money the points purchase would have cost you without having the encore package.

It is the best deal I know of - if you are going to commit to purchasing points to enroll a post-2010 resale week anyway. That's how we are doing it. :cool:

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
If you are thinking that you want to enroll a post-2010 resale week, then get the encore package. You can apply the cost of the encore package to the required points purchase to enroll a post-2010 resale week. You will also lock-in the price per point as of the date of your encore contract, and can be saving the money you will need to complete the purchase when you come back a year from then. Meanwhile, enjoy the added benefit of the encore package you bought (MRPs, return resort visit, cruise certificate, etc.) for the same money the points purchase would have cost you without having the encore package.

It is the best deal I know of - if you are going to commit to purchasing points to enroll a post-2010 resale week anyway. That's how we are doing it. :cool:

That all assumes that, at the time you return on your encore package, there will be a promotion available to enroll your post 2010 resale week with the purchase of points. That's a big if.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
That all assumes that, at the time you return on your encore package, there will be a promotion available to enroll your post 2010 resale week with the purchase of points. That's a big if.

I think it's a guaranteed offer as of the date of the Encore Package contract (and not the return date,) if I'm understanding kds4 correctly. The problem is that the special offer appears to have concluded as of 12/30/15 so it shouldn't be something that's on the table with Encore Packages being purchased now.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
I think it's a guaranteed offer as of the date of the Encore Package contract (and not the return date,) if I'm understanding kds4 correctly. The problem is that the special offer appears to have concluded as of 12/30/15 so it shouldn't be something that's on the table with Encore Packages being purchased now.

That was my point. I assume the past deal is dead, so jumping on an encore now, in hopes that another deal will open up when you return on your encore package is a big if.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
That was my point. I assume the past deal is dead, so jumping on an encore now, in hopes that another deal will open up when you return on your encore package is a big if.

Good point. The underlying assumption was that the enrollment offer (or a similar offer) is still/will be in effect at the time.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
At MOC and got offered and upgrade.

Hi All,

At MOC now. Went to presentation and got offered 5500 credits for 57K+ and they will enroll my 7 weeks and get me to chairman level.

Is it worth it.

Anyone knows of any special going on now to enroll less weeks for smaller number of credits. The current offer is 3K for one week, 4K for 2 weeks and 5.5K for up to 7 weeks,

Appreciate any feedback.

Sam

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

At MOC now. Went to presentation and got offered 5500 credits for 57K+ and they will enroll my 7 weeks and get me to chairman level.

Is it worth it.

Sam

IMHO, no. Why spend 57K+ to enroll 7 weeks when you can spend 10% of that number to enroll 7 weeks? I don't know your endgame but you could enroll your existing 7 weeks for ~5K, buy a platinum Canyon Villas resale week from Marriott which should garner about 5500 DP, and buy a small number of Destination Points from Marriott so that you may enroll the Canyon Villas week in the DP program. You should be able to do all that without spending 57K+.

Bill4728

Reaction score
IMHO, no. Why spend 57K+ to enroll 7 weeks when you can spend 10% of that number to enroll 7 weeks? I don't know your endgame but you could enroll your existing 7 weeks for ~5K, buy a platinum Canyon Villas resale week from Marriott which should garner about 5500 DP, and buy a small number of Destination Points from Marriott so that you may enroll the Canyon Villas week in the DP program. You should be able to do all that without spending 57K+.
I'm not sure what is the best way to enroll your current 7 weeks BUT I heard the current offer was all your weeks for less than $2500. I've heard about people buying an "explorer package" ( 5-6 nights at a Marriott resort) for about $1000 and with the package get to bring your weeks into the DC for free.

Now with 7 weeks you should be at a pretty high level in the DC. Are you sure you want to get a higher level? Many people do not find the benefits of the higher ownership levels anywhere near the cost to obtain those benefits. My wife and I are perfectly happy with our two weeks worth (about 5500 pts total) If I need more pts I can rent with from a current owner and do not have to spend any money permanently buy them.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Hi All,

Is it worth it.

Anyone knows of any special going on now to enroll less weeks for smaller number of credits. The current offer is 3K for one week, 4K for 2 weeks and 5.5K for up to 7 weeks,

Appreciate any feedback.

Sam
Are these weeks eligible to be enrolled in the dp program? Were they bought resale?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the advice.

All weeks are resale after 2010. So we have to buy some points.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Hi All,

Is it worth it.

Appreciate any feedback.

Sam

Thanks to all for the advice.

All weeks are resale after 2010. So we have to buy some points.

This sounds a lot like the "special" they ran last fall which allowed owners to enroll post-2010 weeks for the first time. That "deal" supposedly ended around the end of the year as I recall. Maybe they're doing it again

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
By the way, you didn't say how many points you would wind up with after buying 5500 for $57K and your enrollment of the 7 weeks. But even if it was the minimum number of points for Chairman status - 15,000 - your cost to get 15,000 points would only be $3.80 per point. If you can afford the $57K and want the flexibility of points, then I find it hard to believe that there will be a better deal offered than this for post-2010 weeks.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds a lot like the "special" they ran last fall which allowed owners to enroll post-2010 weeks for the first time. That "deal" supposedly ended around the end of the year as I recall. Maybe they're doing it again

Yes, they are running the "special" again which you buy X amount of points to enroll X # of weeks. The only difference is the required points is 500 points more than last year's requirement.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
this is the thread from last year on the same subject

[Link deleted after threads merged.]

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Yes, they are running the "special" again which you buy X amount of points to enroll X # of weeks. The only difference is the required points is 500 points more than last year's requirement.

Last year the post-2010 week had to have been bought prior to August 15, 2015. Do you know if that date is still the same, or have they moved that cut-off date to a later date?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year the post-2010 week had to have been bought prior to August 15, 2015. Do you know if that date is still the same, or have they moved that cut-off date to a later date?

Good point, not sure. I'll ask my sales contact for details and post back.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way, you didn't say how many points you would wind up with after buying 5500 for $57K and your enrollment of the 7 weeks. But even if it was the minimum number of points for Chairman status - 15,000 - your cost to get 15,000 points would only be $3.80 per point. If you can afford the $57K and want the flexibility of points, then I find it hard to believe that there will be a better deal offered than this for post-2010 weeks.

Jim,

I will end up with 20K+. I think it came to 3.xx/point. That is why I considered it.

I think they stated that I must have closed on all weeks by June 15 of this year.

Sam

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Jim,

I will end up with 20K+. I think it came to 3.xx/point. That is why I considered it.

I think they stated that I must have closed on all weeks by June 15 of this year.

Sam

If your recollection of June 15, 2016 is correct, that is significant. It means the offer to enroll post-2010 weeks may become a promotion they offer on a regular basis. That means anyone buying a third-party resale week from now on may have an opportunity at some point after they buy that week to enroll it with a points buy. When they offered it last year, no one knew how long it might be until they offered such a deal again. Your experience may indicate this will become a somewhat regular promotion with a constantly advancing cut-off date.

The cost of buying the points is still significant, so this may not make sense for everyone, but for higher point value resale weeks where the matching points requirement plus the higher resale week price through Marriott Resales is prohibitive, this could be somewhat more attractive financially than the hybrid bundle from Marriott.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your recollection of June 15, 2016 is correct, that is significant. It means the offer to enroll post-2010 weeks may become a promotion they offer on a regular basis. That means anyone buying a third-party resale week from now on may have an opportunity at some point after they buy that week to enroll it with a points buy. When they offered it last year, no one knew how long it might be until they offered such a deal again. Your experience may indicate this will become a somewhat regular promotion with a constantly advancing cut-off date.

The cost of buying the points is still significant, so this may not make sense for everyone, but for higher point value resale weeks where the matching points requirement plus the higher resale week price through Marriott Resales is prohibitive, this could be somewhat more attractive financially than the hybrid bundle from Marriott.

Completely agree, looks like an opportunity that will exist going forward except that each year, they might raise the required points by 500.

I bought 5,000 points last year and enrolled 7 of my weeks and glad that I did it.