• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One of your best recommendations for Florida beaches/resorts

Best Florida Beach location

• Total voters

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I do not know the timeshares in the Sarasota area I would vote for it. We moved to Sarasota 18 months ago and it is fabulous. In addition to the beaches there are fabulous activities-- museums, theater, etc. the cultural aspect here makes it unique as compared to other Florida venues.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you look at depositing your FLBR weeks into VRIeity instand of RCI?

Does VRI*ety per se even exist anymore since the "merger" between TPI and VRI*ety last year?

TPI was always the "behind the scenes" platform for the smaller VRI*ety program anyhow, so that "merger" was, in truth, little more than combining the two exchange entities' inventories under one single name and umbrella, at least as I see it.

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Second for cocoa beach. Love the area and the less crowded beaches! Will be there in 3 weeks:)
We have vacationed at all of the locations on the list. Of course they all are great, but the Cocoa Beach area is our favorite. The beaches are beautiful, great for walking, and not very crowded. Best surfing on the east coast! There are about 150 restaurants in the area. Plenty of outdoor activities as well. We like kayaking on the inter coastal side. You can drive to the Orlando parks in an hour or less, and at the end of the day return to a resort on the beach!

Hope that helps.
Since you mentioned Orange Lake, you should try to get a week at Cape Canaveral Holiday Inn Club. This was formally Ron. Jon. We stayed there and it was great for kids. Nice beach and lots of activities.
Silentg
Second for cocoa beach. Love the area and the less crowded beaches! Will be there in 3 weeks:)

UPDATE AGAIN:To all you Cocoa Beach lovers, We just booked a 2 bedroom sleeps 8 at HIVC Cape Canaveral for Aug. 2018! Totally thrilled since Hubby wanted to check out NASA. And the kids are going to LOVE the waterpark.....So 3 weeks booked so far, biggest decision now is do we go for 4 weeks in a row or just 3, :) Very tempting to add another week and do Key West or Disney Resorts OR book a week in Tennessee or somewhere on the way down from MN? Ahh, the life of a timeshare owner really is tough ;)

lilliand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
UPDATE AGAIN:To all you Cocoa Beach lovers, We just booked a 2 bedroom sleeps 8 at HIVC Cape Canaveral for Aug. 2018! Totally thrilled since Hubby wanted to check out NASA. And the kids are going to LOVE the waterpark.....So 3 weeks booked so far, biggest decision now is do we go for 4 weeks in a row or just 3, :) Very tempting to add another week and do Key West or Disney Resorts OR book a week in Tennessee or somewhere on the way down from MN? Ahh, the life of a timeshare owner really is tough ;)

I have been trying to book a 3 or 4 bedroom in Florida as well. I needed it for at least 8 to include my husband and I, two grown daughters and their husbands and 3 grandkids. We didn't want Orlando as we have been there a few times. I banked my Welk Resort week with II and searched daily for 30 days for all Florida except Orlando. I was mainly focusing on Marriott Ocean Point at The Plam Beaches, Marriott Crystal Shores on Marco Island and Veranda Beach Club at Longboat Key. Those three are premier or elite and have 3 or 4 bedroom units and have maximums of 10 or 12. And I needed Christmas week as my daughter has a business and they close that week. I know Christmas week would be hard to get. After searching daily for a month I decided to widen my search. We wanted beach so I ended up finding a 3 bed 3 bath sleeps 10/12 at Marriott Surf Watch at Hilton Head, South Carolina. I will have to try for Florida beach at another time, perhaps Marco Island.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We prefer Hilton Head for summer vacations. We own at Waterside by Spinnnaker and there are 3 BR units that sleep 8. There is beach access but you have to walk about 10 minutes out of the resort on a path; or you can take their shuttle. The beaches are wide and long. The sand is hard so you can take a stroller or a handicapped wheelchair right on the beach without a struggle. There are miles of bike trails and the rentals are inexpensive. So many restaurants within walking distance and shops at the Cologny Plaza. The pool at the resort is very large and kept spotless. There is also a smaller pool in the back area that is nice too. They have activities for the kids as well as adults right at poolside. It exchanges through RCI ID #5366.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have been trying to book a 3 or 4 bedroom in Florida as well. I needed it for at least 8 to include my husband and I, two grown daughters and their husbands and 3 grandkids. We didn't want Orlando as we have been there a few times. I banked my Welk Resort week with II and searched daily for 30 days for all Florida except Orlando. I was mainly focusing on Marriott Ocean Point at The Plam Beaches, Marriott Crystal Shores on Marco Island and Veranda Beach Club at Longboat Key. Those three are premier or elite and have 3 or 4 bedroom units and have maximums of 10 or 12. And I needed Christmas week as my daughter has a business and they close that week. I know Christmas week would be hard to get. After searching daily for a month I decided to widen my search. We wanted beach so I ended up finding a 3 bed 3 bath sleeps 10/12 at Marriott Surf Watch at Hilton Head, South Carolina. I will have to try for Florida beach at another time, perhaps Marco Island.

If you are looking to go to Marco Island, Sanibel, Captiva, Naples or most places in southern Florida you will need to book two 2 bedroom units. I can't think of any resorts except the Lighthouse on Sanibel, Discovery Beach in Cocoa Beach and the Ventura at Boca Raton that have three bedroom units. We booked a stay for friends at the Ventura and they liked it so much they are hoping we can find them a week again this year. Wyndham Palm-Aire has 4 bedroom units but you would need to book through a Wyndham owner to get the 4 bedroom as they never are in RCI.

Hilton Head isn't going to be particularly warm the week of Christmas. For warm weather you want to be no further north than Sarasota and preferably south of Sarasota.