• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Watch Owner Garden View

Shauna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Oceanwatch at Grande Dunes, Marriotts Ford's Colony
Has anyone who purchased a garden view, who has been staying Ocean side, now stayed in their actual Garden View Villa? We are going next week and wonder what the culture shock will be? We were so spoiled. We tried to move up to an ocean side, but Marriott makes the cost of doing that so prohibitive. Of course they say, just buy a second unit! Well, we already own another Marriott and there is a limit at this time in our lives....

We own the platinum fixed week 26, July 4th week and it was awesome looking up the beach from the balcony and watching the fireworks! Well I guess we'll find new things to appreciate.

Any hints from those who have stayed in the garden units would be appreciated!

Shauna:cheer:

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly

I think you will be surprised at how far back the Magnolia building is from the beach. Another owner invited me up to their unit to see the view... they were on the 8th floor. Yes -- could "see" the ocean... but also a lot of the hotel roof air conditioners.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
When we were at Ocean Watch a few weeks ago, we went on the sales presentation. The sales associate told us that a lot of the Garden View owners were given a special contract that stated they would get some number of years of OceanSide units. She said a lot of them were for 5 years. I don't know if that time has already passed, if she was bluffing, or if you didn't get that "special contract". Any chance you'll still be upgraded? I'm not thinking you have too much chance at that since it's the July 4 week, but you could hope. :)

Shauna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Oceanwatch at Grande Dunes, Marriotts Ford's Colony
No It wasn't for 5 years

It was until our unit was finished which they said would be in 2010. Then they pushed construction ahead, so we got 3 years in ocean side which was wonderful. I just checked and we are in a ground floor in the newest building. We will attempt to live with the "downgrade" which after all is what we paid for :) . With all the new stuff this year, we should enjoy it. On the 5 year contract thing....even Marriott sales people fudge on the truth.

kellyfam

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a garden view last week. I did not find it bad at all, and it was shady on the patio. For me personally, I would rather be in the woodsy area anyways. My kids loved the pool, and if you didn't want to sit directly in the sun, there were plenty of lounge chairs in the shade. We spent more time in the pool than on the beach, and when we did go, the walk to the beach took less than 5 minutes.

As for the view....we didn't spend a lot of time in our room, so it didn't really matter.