• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Oak stay with timeshare presentation

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
Hi all,

So my husband & I did a long weekend at Ocean Oak this past weekend and I must say I absolutely loved this resort. Probably one of my favorites. It is small (which I love), but is gorgeous and a great location, pool, and ocean access. I'll try to write a review in the next few days.

Anyways, this trip was a vacation package Hilton called and sold me a while back. I think it was less than 600 for 3 nights here plus a 3 or 4 day Royal Caribbean cruise and a 200 stay of us certificate after we attended the presentation. We cruise a lot, so basically we either paid 200 a night for our stay and got a free cruise or stayed for free and paid 600 for a cruise. Either way seemed like a good deal to me.

Our presentation was Friday at 9:00 am. I have had very good luck in previous presentations getting in and out quickly. My record is about 15 minutes. This was my husbands first time attending (had the timeshares before we got married). This was also his first time staying at a Hilton timeshare.

Anyways, when we arrived, we filled out a quick paper, and then had to use the kiosk to describe our ideal vacations. My husband was pondering over his choices and I was like "just pick something, it doesn't matter." The sales guy was very nice and started with all the typical questions. Asked us if we had been to Hilton Head before and when we responded yes, he asked if we owned other timeshares like Marriott. I responded, "I own 2 with Hilton." He had no clue and they didn't have we were owners. So off he went to find the information. Couldn't find it because it was under my maiden name. Wasted about 15 minutes and finally found it and came back. Went over what we owned and said you bought these resale, right? I said yes and he asked me how much I paid for the EOY one I own. I told him I bought it off ebay for about 1,200. He said "well there's no way you are going to buy one from us. Our EOY starts at 18k." I was like "nope". He then was like let me see if I can go ahead and close this out and get your rewards. Came back and said we are good to go.

Also, in the pre-talks we discussed the program. When he realized I knew all about trading and RCI and how to utilize the system, he said "usually I would at least talk about the system to make sure you understand it" but you know it better than most everyone I've talked to.

We went to check out, got our incentives and were out the door by 9:26.

I will say that he told me that there are currently 62 units. They will be building a second building in the lawn area (we could see that from our balcony), but it won't be true ocean front because it's set back a bit (and there's another hotel between it and the ocean.

I also learned that at this resort they will not allow upgrades. We inquired just to see the price as maybe it would be worth it to trade in our two for one to get one maintenance fee. He said due to how small, they weren't doing any upgrades. Also, inquired about an every year platinum and I believe he said it was 60k!!!

All in all, easy presentation, I learned a couple of things and had a wonderful weekend.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thanks for the report.
You lucked out with a salesman who was realistic and saw the handwriting on the wall.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
All in all, easy presentation, I learned a couple of things and had a wonderful weekend.

I agree with @Talent312. This isn't always the case but glad that it worked out for you.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I also learned that at this resort they will not allow upgrades. We inquired just to see the price as maybe it would be worth it to trade in our two for one to get one maintenance fee. He said due to how small, they weren't doing any upgrades. Also, inquired about an every year platinum and I believe he said it was 60k!!!

Interesting that they are not allowing any upgrades. I can's see how the size of the resort would affect that.

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
Interesting that they are not allowing any upgrades. I can's see how the size of the resort would affect that.
He said that because it was so small if they allowed upgrades it would already be sold old. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm guessing they know they can sell this resort a lot easier than dumped Florida/Vegas ones. Either way the prices were ridiculous.