• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Beach Resort & Ocean Air Resort

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Virginia Beach, VA for the Christmas Light Show tonight. Has anyone vacation/exchange in either of these two timeshare resorts? From the outside they look very nice. Both are on the ocean side of the Atlantic Ocean. Both resorts has direct view of the ocean and access of the beach. Both resorts are high rise resorts. Both resorts are located off the boardwalk. Both resorts are in walking distance to some fine restaurants (in season). Thanks for any information.

Side note most of the restaurants & small retail shops are closed on Pacific & Atlantic Ave for the winter season.
Gasoline prices on the strip is averaging $2.40 for regular gasoline. Off the strip headed to Norfolk, VA regular gas is $2.09 per gallon.
We are having dinner later at Lynnhaven Fish House and it is good.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Ocean Beach Club and Oceanaire. They are now DRI resorts (formerly Gold Key Resorts). They are the nicest resorts at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Oceanaire is the newest. Ocean Beach Club has two towers, Phase I and Phase II. Phase I should have begun being renovated inside. At the recent HOA meeting, they indicated that renovations would take place over the winter months for Phase I tower and next winter for the Phase II tower. I really enjoy staying at the North end of the beach.

Other resorts that were part of Gold Key Resorts and now are DRI are Boardwalk Resort and Villas at 16th Street, Beach Quarters at 5th Street, and across the street from the ocean is Turtle Cay at 6th Street.

Are you staying on an exchange? If so, which resort?

Some good restaurants at the oceanfront and surrounding areas, which I believe are open all year, are Waterman's, Catch 31, Rockafeller's, Mahi Mah's, Tautogs, One Fish Two Fish, Terrapin, Zoe's, EAT an American Bistro, Bubba's, Doc Taylor's for breakfast, Citrus for breakfast and lunch.

I haven't been to Lynnhaven Fish House in many, many years, but it should be a good choice. It's been around since I was kid, and that's a long time.

Enjoy the lights!

The Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Museum is nearby and good for an indoor activity.

Also, the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art is a good for indoors.

If you head into Norfolk, there's a whole bunch of stuff and good restaurants also.

Poette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Virginia Beach, VA for the Christmas Light Show tonight. Has anyone vacation/exchange in either of these two timeshare resorts? From the outside they look very nice. Both are on the ocean side of the Atlantic Ocean. Both resorts has direct view of the ocean and access of the beach. Both resorts are high rise resorts. Both resorts are located off the boardwalk. Both resorts are in walking distance to some fine restaurants (in season). Thanks for any information.

Side note most of the restaurants & small retail shops are closed on Pacific & Atlantic Ave for the winter season.
Gasoline prices on the strip is averaging $2.40 for regular gasoline. Off the strip headed to Norfolk, VA regular gas is $2.09 per gallon.
We are having dinner later at Lynnhaven Fish House and it is good.

Poette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Ocean Beach in May on an exchange and were disappointed. Our unit faced the high rise apartment building across the street, had no balcony, was oddly configured for a two bedroom, was a bit 'tired' and wasn't all that clean. The pool is very small for the size of the resort ~ even at that time of the year it was full. I don't doubt that they are the nicest timeshare units in the area, but we would not return.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here tonight only for the Christmas Lights show and finishings some last minute Christmas shopping.