• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC room condition

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a "non-renovated hotel room". Dimly lit, bedside lamp has no lightbulb, desk lamp does not work.

no washclothes.
plastic cups.
no coffee maker, no minifrig

furniture is very, very tired.

good news is room doesn't face the main street - so fairly quiet,

beautiful 33rd floor lounge.

I expected non-renovated, but not this......would be better at the marriot.

(and the internet is very, very slow)

bpellis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the NYC Midtown, other than being in NYC and in a good central location, really isn't anything terribly spectacular. I had a 1BR renovated back over the summer, and don't think the renovated rooms are really that much better. Things obviously were newer than the non-renovated, but the layout and design were quite terrible. It probably was my least favorite Wyndham so far in terms of styling/design/layout. Its like they tried to be cool and modern, which I love, but failed miserably at it. Either way, this one is all about location.

Also, I saw your post about the parking pass desk, and I had the same experience. Had to get the room number from the parking pass desk.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also had a non-renovated hotel room about 2 weeks ago, but it appeared that we were upgraded to a renovated room, perhaps because it was only for 1 night. Last year the same happened to us with a studio.

We were on the 4th floor and on the main street. There wasn't any noticeable noise and I liked the street scene (I was going to say view). We were very pleased with both rooms, but spent very little time in them with our eyes open.

In NY it was an unusual 90+ degrees during the day and 82 at night. After a 6 o'clock dinner and show at Birdland, we bought some beer an spent a few hours on the 33 floor lounge talking with other guests. Overall a nice stay for us.

Elizabeth O.

Reaction score
Yeah, the NYC Midtown, other than being in NYC and in a good central location, really isn't anything terribly spectacular. I had a 1BR renovated back over the summer, and don't think the renovated rooms are really that much better. Things obviously were newer than the non-renovated, but the layout and design were quite terrible. It probably was my least favorite Wyndham so far in terms of styling/design/layout. Its like they tried to be cool and modern, which I love, but failed miserably at it. Either way, this one is all about location.

Also, I saw your post about the parking pass desk, and I had the same experience. Had to get the room number from the parking pass desk.

I commented previously about our stay there at the end of August in a 1-bedroom deluxe. I agree with the comment about trying to be "cool and modern" just not working out. The fact that there are no drawers anywhere in the bedroom, bathroom or closets was a problem; no dresser, no built-ins in the closets, no shelves in the bathroom. We had no problem, however, with the layout and design. It may be that since this is a re-purposed hotel, different rooms may have different layouts to fit within the building footprint. I have noticed that at Riverside Suites in San Antonio, which is another urban property. We were also facing the street and did not have any issue with street noise. I was amazed at the quality of the appliances and the way they were able to fit so much into a mini-kitchen.

Having to get the room key from the parking pass desk was definitely a negative.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I commented previously about our stay there at the end of August in a 1-bedroom deluxe. I agree with the comment about trying to be "cool and modern" just not working out. The fact that there are no drawers anywhere in the bedroom, bathroom or closets was a problem; no dresser, no built-ins in the closets, no shelves in the bathroom. We had no problem, however, with the layout and design. It may be that since this is a re-purposed hotel, different rooms may have different layouts to fit within the building footprint. I have noticed that at Riverside Suites in San Antonio, which is another urban property. We were also facing the street and did not have any issue with street noise. I was amazed at the quality of the appliances and the way they were able to fit so much into a mini-kitchen.

Having to get the room key from the parking pass desk was definitely a negative.

We were there mid-august. We also found the lack of Drawers extremely odd.