*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

No RCI exchange fees for Wyndham/WorldMark owners?

Discussion in 'Worldmark The Club' started by Margariet, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Margariet

Margariet Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Just a question for Wyndham/WorldMark owners: Is it correct that Wyndham/WorldMark owners don't have to pay exchange fees for RCI exchanges? Thanks for answering!

2. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    We pay exchange fees. Full exchange fees. No Discounts. Before the recent online portal, we had to pay the phone exchange fees.

3. Margariet

Thanks. I'm asking this because a sales man at a presentation told me Wyndham/WorldMark owners don't pay exchange fees for RCI. Anyway we were send away in half an hour with our incentives when it was clear that we were not interested and I used a bit of my own techniques. ;)

4. rhonda

rhonda TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I've heard this line at a Worldmark Owner's update (sales) meeting. He was selling a key benefit of TravelShare as booking 'nightly' stays (vs 'weekly' exchanges) thus avoiding the $179 exchange fee. When I asked about the nightly exchange fees he denied them. Pressing further, he called the standard RCI Points fees 'booking fees' not 'exchange fees.'

Oh, ok. That helps, thanks. Same fees, different title to confuse everyone.

5. Margariet

Thanks. So just another sales crap! What a joke! :annoyed:

6. Rent_Share

Rent_Share Guest

Were his lips moving ?

7. Margariet

His nose was growing! ;)

8. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

RCI Guest Certificate Fee Charged?

I know that Interval International charges $49 for a Guest Certificate fee. Does anyone know what RCI charges for a Guest Certificate fee?

Just curious to see the comparison between the two exchange companies.

Thanks!:hi:

9. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

If you have a platinum membership with II (Interval International) guest certificates are free for Getaways and Exchanges.

RCI charges $59 for a guest certificate the last time I checked.

10. Margariet

However we're gonna attend another Wyndham presentation soon and we'll see whether the salesperson will again tell us if there are no exchange fees attached for RCI exchanges in the Wyndham program. No intention to buy anything but I like to receive the correct information and no sales lies.

11. Rent_Share

Rent_Share Guest

IMHO he meant to say no fee to exchange within the Wyndham Properties

12. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Which resort was this at, if I may ask?

13. sjuhawk_jd

sjuhawk_jd TUG Member

Wyndham/Worldmark and No fees do not belong in the same sentence, ever:mad:

Wyndham is all about fleecing, fees. There is even a $8 or so fee per month if you do not put your monthly Maintenance fee bill on auto payment, which will require Wyndham to mail out the monthly bills to you.

14. Margariet

From another Wyndham presentation by a sales person I understood that Wyndham owners do pay RCI exchange fees. The sales people only are bringing it like Wyndham has so many resorts that you don't have to use RCI anymore, so that way you are saving money on exchange fees! Instead they offer you huge packages of $ 28,000.- or $ 19,000.- or $ 9,000.-. That's certainly an afvantage! And they are willing to trade in your cheap weeks! So you loose them as well, but then you are saving money on RCI! :confused: Well, we did some presentations again, just for the extra's, I admit, and just because I am always curious how the sales people are handling it and what techniques they are using. Every presentation is different and every presentation I use other techniques as well. Buying is of course never an option! ;)

15. Cheryl20772

Cheryl20772 TUG Member

They like to also imply that RCI membership is free, but we know it's included in the Club Wyndham fee.