TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

No problems getting good traditional exchanges

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by dougp26364, Feb 13, 2017.

1. dougp26364

dougp26364 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

When we first put our deeded weeks into the DC, the idea was to just cover our bases. Which turned out to be a good idea because health issues necessitated shorter vacations and checking in on non-traditional check in days. Now, however, we're back to normal and we locked-off our 3 bedroom Las Vegas Grand Chateau unit and deposited both units.

The one bedroom unit we used to exchange into a summer week in Breckenridge. No big deal as that's an easy exchange. However we decided to go back to Palm Desert and put in a request for a 2 bedroom unit anytime during the month of March. I.I. called last week and offered us a 1 bedroom unit, which we turned down. Tonight I checked our account and we're confirmed into a 2 bedroom Shadow Ridge Enclaves. OK, not terribly exciting but, if we had listened to the sales people, this should have been impossible.

Moral of the story, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

enma, pipet, Loops and 1 other person like this.
  2. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Shadow RidgeII, Marriott Willow Ridge, HGVC HHV Lagoon, HGVC(x3), Aulani, Starwood(x4), Worldmark
    Doug, that's really good to hear, I'm glad you got that exchange and I think you will enjoy Palm Desert in March. Thx for posting the successful trade.

Best,

Greg

3. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    Doug, March should be a great time to be in Palm Desert. Congratulations on getting both of your trades.

I agree with you, there are still good trades to be had. We had traded our Desert Spings Villas 1BR platinum week for a 2BR at Newport Coast in early May. Using a retrade we recently exchanged that for a 2BR at Ko Olina in early, which turned out to be an ocean view unit. We decided we couldn't pass up another trip to Hawaii.

Enjoy your trip.

Mike

4. l0410z

l0410z TUG Member

Last year I traded a Monarch 3rd week August for last week july at the Grand Ocean. I needed to sleep 8. Confirmed 11 months out within 48 hours of doing the request. This year I have a trade request for the Monarch to Newport. I have been waiting 2 months and still hopeful. I just put in on Redweek. Figured I can rent my Monarch and use it to Rent Newport. This year I traded the one bedroom of a 2 bedroom lockout at the Chateau for a 2 bedroom at the Surf for the 3rd week of August. Real happy with this trade. I think II is still a good viable option for trading.

5. Luckybee

Luckybee TUG Member

We've been lucky as well. We just booked 2 weeks we had on deposit of 1bdrm gold season Aruba for a 2 bdrm non Marriott in SXM , and a 3bdrm Frenchmans Cove for the other week (although gawd only knows what dh and I are going to do with a 3bdrm but it was the only week avail for the time frame we had....lol)

6. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Shadow RidgeII, Marriott Willow Ridge, HGVC HHV Lagoon, HGVC(x3), Aulani, Starwood(x4), Worldmark
    All,

This morning (exactly 12 months out) I was confirmed into a 1BR at Ko Olina for Feb 17-Feb 24, 2018. I traded the larger of the Shadow Ridge 1BR lock-offs for this and think this is a good trade. Now I just hope I can go!

Best,

Greg

klpca likes this.
  7. Fasttr

Fasttr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Ocean
    MVC Trust Points
    Nice snag. BTW....how does a CFO get to take time off in February. I am knee deep in an audit during that time of the year. Lucky you!!!

8. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Donatello, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    Right? :D:D:D I will have to retire to ever get a day off between January and April.

9. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Just lucky I guess...!!! Are you guys public? We are still private and our audit doesn't start until next week....

Best,

Greg

10. l0410z

l0410z TUG Member

I traded the lockoff 1 bedroom of the Grand Chateau for a 2 BR Aruba Surf for Aug 21.. cost $99. Today I was looking to book the flights for Aruba but gave a retrade one last look. A 3 BR pooped up for St Kitts for an additional 99 for the same dates. Been to Aruba with the kids (26 and 29) a few times but we have never been to st Kitts. Aruba won on the vote but the trade was available.

11. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    Let me know if you can't go! :cool:

12. Steve A

Steve A Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Barony Bronze for Desert Spring Villas 1 two bedroom for Christmas week 2017.
    Barony Silver for two bedroom Newport Coast Villas second week in September 2017

13. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    I'm in the same boat, its hard to get time off the first week and last week of any given month and quarter close's are brutal followed by year end close, which for my company is in March. I dread April, no one in the whole finance group is allowed to take any vacation during this month...

14. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    All,

I'm kind of excited about this. When I matched the 1BR (Mountain View) at Ko Olina for these dates, I started a Worldmark trade looking for the Studio. It matched today with the same check-in and view, so I can build a 2BR! Hat tip to PerryM for sharing one of the original tricks about trading into Marriott Studio's using Worldmark....his theory was, Marriott owners prefer not to use their deposit on a Studio, so Marriott studio's slip can through the 24 day preference period more often than you would think.

Now I have to find a way to use these reservations -- but Davidvel, you'll be first in line if I can't!

Best,

Greg