• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No more gold weeks available at villa Del arco.

dosomething0

Reaction score
I own a 1 week gold membership with UVC. We like to vacation for more than 1 week and usually stay 10 to 14 nights per year. I just called for this summer and requested reservations for an 11 night stay, my week plus 4 nights using my gold week nights. All nights were available but only for regular membership nights, no gold week nights available. The agent told me that changes have been made and only villa palmar has gold week nights available from now on. I am very disappointed because the gold week was a major factor why we chose this timeshare. Is there anything I can do about this?

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
I find it hard to believe that is true. But clearly such changes are possible...
I'm onsite at Villa del Arco this week. I'll speak with my contacts here and post my findings in a day or two.

Beautiful day in Cabo again!

bbb

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I own a 1 week gold membership with UVC. We like to vacation for more than 1 week and usually stay 10 to 14 nights per year. I just called for this summer and requested reservations for an 11 night stay, my week plus 4 nights using my gold week nights. All nights were available but only for regular membership nights, no gold week nights available. The agent told me that changes have been made and only villa palmar has gold week nights available from now on. I am very disappointed because the gold week was a major factor why we chose this timeshare. Is there anything I can do about this?
I say call again...Sometimes different agents have different answers. I know that in summer you can usually get another week for the same cost as your weeks maintenance fees. It is called a BOGO promotion I think. Not sure how that compares to the"gold nights"

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Okay...I spoke to my contacts here. Not sure I agree with the policy, but I get the spirit of what they are trying to do.

The challenge is something that I've mentioned on TUG many times before... Villa del Arco is one of the smallest (Loretta is likely smaller?) yet is definitely the most in demand property in the system. This is even true in the summer months. It's an inventory issue. In order to enable the greatest number of member weeks/points to be utilized at Arco they are not booking Gold/Preferred time at Arco even during the summer months. Gold/preferred time is booked at VDP Cabo instead. It is possible that once your reservation is closer in (no one said a number of days) it "may" be confirmed at Arco instead. But, they said you'd be pretty lucky for that to happen.

The net effect is essentially that you are correct...you can no longer reserve Gold/preferred time at Arco.

That said, I agree with Quimby... it's always a good idea when stymied at the call center to call back and start fresh with another agent...you never know!

FWIW

bbb