• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Owners

sharper3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. We just made payment on two contracts - 132k pts annually at Sedona and 168k pts biennially at Sea Watch. May pick up a second biennial of 168k somewhere on the beach here soon.

We just want to enjoy a few long weekends, as we can (not a lot of time off with work). We'll likely add some more points in the future as we like it. Anyway - if anyone has tips or tricks that aren't here on TUG, we'd love to hear them!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
We own several contracts in MB. I don't know if this would fit your vacationing style, but in addition to smaller annual contracts we ended up with two biennial MB contracts both in even years, so our usage is heavily weighted to even years with fewer points available in odd years. We figured we weren't going to take a peak summer beach vacation every single year, but can use ARP in even years to pick up a larger unit or multiple units if we want to include extended family, or if we're not going to do that we just credit pool what we don't need for ARP and it's available to use in odd years as well. So our ownership looks a little weird, but it actually provides us more flexibility.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like Myrtle Beach; anything is better than winter in Wisconsin. We spend Christmas through New Year at Wyndham Westwinds every year prior to making our way to Daytona Beach for the winter. We never been there in the summer, but we have in the spring for Myrtle Beach Spring Motorcycle Rally. Really nice there then.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Make sure you're aware of both point costs and housekeeping points needed for those short stays. Short stays that don't use many points can sometimes use up all your housekeeping points.

Also, with the contracts you have, you will only end up with 2 reservation transactions per year. So you'll need to be careful planning your stays or you'll end up paying for additional reservation transactions. Don't forget, a reservation transaction is good for the whole business day. You can make as many reservations as needed the day you use the RT.

If you don't need the ARP at your home resort, you may want to plan ahead and put all or some of the points in the credit pool to help prevent losing leftover points and also for situations where you would otherwise need more points than you have in a single year.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the multiple reservation on one day doable online?
Somehow after you book one it knows not to charge $30
Reservation Fee again?

sharper3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody! We're pretty good about being able to book our years travel all at once - just can't get long stretches off. I'll definitely keep an on eye on housekeeping points. We're probably going to grab another contract on the opposite biennial, or another annual - just keeping an eye out for something inexpensive with low MFs.

Am I correct that we can pool leftover points from one year towards the next year, but after that, they're gone?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only pool points before the use year starts, and the pooled points are valid 3 years from the date you pool them.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
You can only pool points before the use year starts, and the pooled points are valid 3 years from the date you pool them.

My understanding is you will loose 13 month priority booking at home resort. If this is not important then not an issue.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is you will loose 13 month priority booking at home resort. If this is not important then not an issue.

This is correct, and pooled points can't be deposited in RCI

sharper3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! Picked up another 130ishk annual points at Bali Hai this afternoon - nice low MFs. So that puts us around 260k annual (Bali Hai and Sedona) plus another 168k biennial at Sea Watch (the only property we really care about having ARP at).

We've had over a decades experience with my parents, who own several deeded weeks with Marriott and love it. We'd looked at Marriott, but resale can't convert to points. We looked at HGVC, but their maintenance fees are even higher and there aren't nearly as many resort options as Wyndham. I feel like we got three really good deals - and once we're all closed I'll post a review of SumDay - but so far they've been great!

I'm sure we'll have tons of questions once we get our logins and info. We couldn't have gotten such great deals without everyone here at TUG! :hi:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
welcome to TUG, so glad you found us and are buying your timeshares on the resale market! outstanding!

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the multiple reservation on one day doable online?
Somehow after you book one it knows not to charge $30
Reservation Fee again?
Yes, once you pay the $30 RT the computer knows you do not need to pay for more RTs that day.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk