• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New WorldMark Phoenix resort

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another new WorldMark resort has been announced. From the WorldMark web site, https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/index.shtml

"Announcing the New WorldMark Phoenix — South Mountain Preserve Resort!

We have more great news to share! Starting today, we've added another new resort to WorldMark, The Club. WorldMark Phoenix — South Mountain Preserve is now accepting reservations for arrivals starting February 23, 2013."

No details are are on the web site yet. It looks like they posted the announcement before loading a more detailed description or inventory. It doesn't show on the resort gallery or booking pages. Maybe later today they will have more info.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess they didn't really want to share it today. The announcement is no longer on the WM website. :doh:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I guess they didn't really want to share it today. The announcement is no longer on the WM website. :doh:

I just called them and they said that it was an error that appeared on the website and that the Call Center should apologize to any owners calling in. The operator was promised an update by the end of the day.

Perhaps WYNDHAM is getting a new property in Phoenix, not Worldmark...we will know soon...

Best,

Greg

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think its coming to worldmark,

Here are some comments from a recent earnings call

Wyndham Worldwide's CEO Discusses Q1 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
April 25, 2012 |

Now moving to Wyndham Vacation Ownership, which is always -- which is also a recognized industry innovator. Results were stellar at WVO with volume per guest increases of 10% and tour increases of 8%. We're seeing great results from our latest initiative to drive efficiencies, our credit prescreening program. As you know, timeshare is a sold rather than a sought product, and finding good prospects is key to our success. So last year, we introduced the proprietary creditworthiness prescreening program. The rollout of this program is now effectively complete, and it has increased our efficiency by identifying the most qualified prospects for our salespeople.

We believe that the credit prescreening program was a meaningful contributor to the 10% lift in VPG and that this will be another game changer for us in the industry. Great innovation, focused management and terrific execution delivered truly outstanding results at WVO.

Finally, we continue to make progress on the Wyndham Asset Affiliation Model or WAAM. Developer interest is strong, and we recently signed our first WAAM agreement for our WorldMark by Wyndham product. Located in the south mountain region of Arizona near Scottsdale, our 5th WAAM deal is a purpose-built timeshare project that will nicely complement our 3 existing Arizona locations within the WorldMark portfolio. We expect to start sales on this product in the fourth quarter.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
The announcement of the WorldMark Phoenix resort is real now. It reappeared on the WorldMark web site today, along with bookable inventory. 70 units total, with 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units.

I'm booked for March, 2013. Colorado Rockies spring training baseball here we come!

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there a couple of years ago during spring training - it is very nice.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there a couple of years ago during spring training - it is very nice.

What was it before Worldmark?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Tripadvisor reviews for 2012 make it sound like customer service isn't on the priority list over there. I hope that is different now with Wyndham managing it.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it has had at least four different names since it opened. When we were staying at the Legacy Golf Resort several years ago we went to look at it and at that time they seemed to be having problems. The unit we looked at had no furniture on the balcony and it was very dark. I'm sure it's improved since then.

Lynn

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new WorldMark resort which is an existing resort or apartment complex that was taken over typically gets a thorough refurbishment before opening. The New Mexico resorts and the Las Vegas Tropicana resort are a few examples I can think of off the top of my head. I would expect that this resort will follow that pattern and will be in good shape when it opens in February.

I'll know a lot more about it after we have stayed there in March.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know because the trip advisor reviews are horrible for this resort.

...now for WM to add a Myrtle Beach resort and some slopside ski resorts.

A new WorldMark resort which is an existing resort or apartment complex that was taken over typically gets a thorough refurbishment before opening. The New Mexico resorts and the Las Vegas Tropicana resort are a few examples I can think of off the top of my head. I would expect that this resort will follow that pattern and will be in good shape when it opens in February.

I'll know a lot more about it after we have stayed there in March.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have reviews of this resort. Just book for hubby's guys outing and I'm out of country so can't access wmowners to see any posts there on resort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have reviews of this resort. Just book for hubby's guys outing and I'm out of country so can't access wmowners to see any posts there on resort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not sure about reviews - but we stay at this resort a lot. It's one of my favorites, I take it over Marriott all the time.

The things I like about it - location- I like to hike all over South Mountain, the 2 bedroom is fairly large and a good percentage have attached single car garages, the location is great - close to sky harbor and Tempe where I like going to Portillo's a lot :)

I highly recommend South Mountain.

purson

Reaction score
WM Phoenix

We've stayed at WM Phoenix a dozen times including their opening night. We've stayed mostly during the winter months but a couple were in summer when we wanted to attend certain concerts or sporting events. The resort is very nice, although we don't really hang around there much. There are so many things to do and see in the city we just want a quiet, comfortable place to stay after long days of exploring. This resort fills the bill. The location is very convenient and not too far from the airport, which we have taken advantage of several times when we were flying to/from Hawaii. The traffic isn't too bad in that part of town compared to further north. For attending concerts, we drive east a few miles and park at McClintock/Apache Blvd Park-and-Ride for a hassle-free 35 minute light rail trip to downtown. Certain venue destinations are or were, free of charge.

The only negatives I can think of are that the two bedroom units are upstairs and each unit has their own set of stairs from the garage. No elevators. Some or all of the one BR units are downstairs but you then have guests tromping around overhead. The garages are nice but in summer, they get extremely hot. Your car will be a broiler no matter what. Still, we like the security of having the garages and ease with which we can retrieve any small item from the car.

It is a really great resort and we have always encountered helpful and friendly staff. We look forward to another visit.