• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Website: Account not available?

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still locked out with the account unavailable message. I as well had a use year alignment right before the site change over. When I talked to an OC yesterday she was able to confirm all my reservations for me are still there. I then asked her to confirm my point status. What she initially told me lined up with a point status screen shot I took of my account about a week before the cutover date. This was prior to them re-aligning my one June contract to Dec and prior to the credit pooling I did. She said that is what the new system currently showed.

I told her that was before the use year and credit pooling changes. She then went into the old site (said they have read only access to it) and she then gave me a run down on my point status from this read only screen and it did match up to my screen shot right before cutover. Thus she indicated to me the reason for my lockout must be because they are trying to get my point "buckets" to match up to the right before cutover view.

I as well agree that there are likely many reasons for the lock out but for my case at least I think it is because they are trying to correct the point "buckets". Makes me think the database they used to migrate to the new system for some reason did not have the most current view of points for everybody, which is unbelievable if so.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember the rule that all contracts have to have a common name ? How did all your contracts end up in 1 member number if they thought it wasn't the same person?

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
i also had a re-alignment of use years just before the switch and I can get into my account but I do not have a point tab to display my point balances so I do not think the switch or realignment has anything to do with you not getting into account.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 11am update is done...but my account is still unavailable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If Wyn thinks this is an issue worth locking accounts over. Wyn had years in some cases to take of this issue

Another incompetent department. This all falls on Title Department when adding contracts
Exactly! You clean up the data before you convert. The use year realignments and the names are the perfect example. Those should not have been difficult to do in advance. WYN continue to botch it because they don't follow consistent processes. New resale contracts added were rarely realigned (although sometimes they were). Thus one team would clean up an account and the another turn around and mess it up again. Sometimes prorating, sometimes not. And I bet my name was on the account 4 or 5 different ways (not counting the small letters and the capital letters).
If Wyn thinks this is an issue worth locking accounts over. Wyn had years in some cases to take of this issue

Another incompetent department. This all falls on Title Department when adding contracts

Title not only added contracts to your accounts. They also added different entries for the same name

Exactly! Many of us have followed the discussions on WYN and it's silos. This is not a new issue, the conversion did not introduce it. That makes all the more frustrating and absurd.

WYN IT needed to clean up the data before they converted, as much as they possibly could. The cleaner the data, the smoother the conversion.

The use year realignments and the names on the account are some perfect examples. Those should not have been difficult to do in advance. Yet WYN was never able to get their arms around that - for going on FIVE years. Remember the great re-alignment of 2012? WYN continued to botch that over the last 5 years. They don't follow consistent processes across teams or within teams. One team realigns an account (maybe prorates points, maybe doesn't). Thus maybe you have a cleaned up account. Next thing you know a new resale contract us added and you likely have multiple use years again. Use years on new contracts were rarely realigned (although sometimes they were). And on it would go, one team would clean up an account and the another turn around and mess it up again. Sometimes prorating, sometimes not. And the great realignment of 2012 fizzled. Not everyone was realigned. Most but not all. Then WYN seemed to stop caring for awhile. (Kind of like the audits of 2016... where are we with those, no body knows)?

Names, I bet my name was on the account 4 or 5 different ways (not counting the small letters and the capital letters). They should have cleaned those up before May 18th.

If they can't handle the easy stuff, how will they ever get a totally new way of booking to work (no more weeks, up to 14 days, automatic upgrades, GC's required within 48 hours).

WYN you really need to minimally STOP auto upgrades and DO NOT cancel reservations if they are overlapping, until you have completed converting and validating accounts and all your valued owners have access. And really, no one should be transacting until you've figured that out. You really need to stop allowing flawed software to process untested logic. Fix it, then do that stuff on a beta site and let us hammer it. Obviously we can provide invaluable feedback.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Looks like the 11am update is done...but my account is still unavailable.
l
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
Same here (still no access).
However, I did just receive an email titled 'Your New Website is Here!'. :crash:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Wyndham can or should change versions of owners names, at least on accounts where deeds are involved. That names are driven by the name on the deed. In a case where first names are Robert, Bob and Bobbie, how can they know these are not 3 different people (farther, son and daughter). Or John Doe and John H. Doe for that matter. The deed should drive the names on the account, not a Wyndham meathead. CWA maybe a different story.

Some have reported that capitalization led to different names on the booking drop-down list on the old system. John Doe and JOHN DOE were considered different owners per the list. The reconciliation can be as simple as this. I won't speculate as to other permutations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
They've locked out a whole host of owner accounts:
1. Those with only developer contracts (even only one or two) in their account (VIP and non-VIP)
2. Those with only resale contracts
3. Those with both developer and resale contracts (VIP and non-VIP)
4. Those whose use years are Dec and were aligned prior to 2017
5. Those whose use years are Dec and were aligned in 2017
6. Those who had credit pool points
7. Those without any credit pool points
8. Those borrowing 2018 points for reservations booked within the express reservation window
9. Supposed name inconsistencies in the deeds vs on the accounts

If there is any possible reason, they've locked your account out vs those with the exact same account attributes that weren't locked out.

They will not disclose the root causes of their many launch mistakes. It's simply that they didn't migrate things properly and some were lucky to get access and some weren't lucky and are now locked out.

The idea was not to identify every type of situation that describes an inaccessible account, but rather to sort through some commonalities to infer those root causes you mention.

What you don't so much hear/read about are the types of accounts that have had no issues with access. If one had access to a good sample of owners, both locked out and not, one could determine the common issues that tend to create a locked out account.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some have reported that capitalization led to different names on the booking drop-down list on the old system. John Doe and JOHN DOE were considered different owners per the list. The reconciliation can be as simple as this. I won't speculate as to other permutations.
My account is all the above.
Everything listed as a possibility for being locked was done in my account in the last year

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
My account is all the above.
Everything listed as a possibility for being locked was done in my account in the last year

Which highlights the possibility that each symptom may also have a temporal aspect.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

seascapemvy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Web Services just told me Tuesday.
You don't expect Wyndham to have people in IT working on a holiday weekend, do you? It would cost them extra. This is total BS. There is no excuse but we are stuck. I think they should credit everyone a months worth of maintenance fees.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Web Services just told me Tuesday.
That means WYN could careless. WYN employees are going to enjoy the holiday weekend after stopping some of us from making reservations for the holiday weekend so we could enjoy it also.

WYN should send us an email saying- We will see how we can help you peons on Tuesday.
Warm Regards
Incompetent WYN

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That means WYN could careless. WYN employees are going to enjoy the holiday weekend after stopping some of us from making reservations for the holiday weekend so we could enjoy it also.

WYN should send us an email saying- We will see how we can help you peons on Tuesday.
Warm Regards
Incompetent WYN
But please keep trying every 15 minutes, it could work any time.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought WYN would finish re packing our cases before leaving for the weekend. How can we leave without the repacked cases.

WYN has been repacking for days now

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Well I took a stab in the dark. I tried registering with my own name (and not my husband's name.) And it said "YOU DID IT!!" Yes!

No! My account is still unavailable at this time.
Well I took a stab in the dark. I tried registering with my own name (and not my husband's name.) And it said "YOU DID IT!!" Yes!

No! My account is still unavailable at this time.

I did the same (a couple times). I still can't access the account. But you might receive a welcome letter (not always):

upload_2017-5-26_17-8-27.png

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of this stuff has become comical and I just laugh.
Like your welcome letter

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that contracts need at least one overlapping contracts.