• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Owner - access to owner dashboard

kobidobi

TUG Member
Reaction score
After years of attending presentations and and pretty much staying anywhere we thought we might consider buying, we finally bit the bullet and recently closed on a WKORV OFC unit.

The question I have is whether Vistana will send some sort of communication once they have transferred ownership from the previous owners, or whether I will should just continue to try to connect my account on the Vistana dashboard everyday? It's been just under two weeks, so I realize it could still take a few more weeks for them to take care of this.

Thanks in advance!

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they will send out communication, but it usually comes in the form of snail mail -- unless they have changed their practices since I last purchased a unit.

For fastest results, I'd continue to ping the dashboard. Painful, but I don't know how long it takes them to print the form letter and mail out -- could be a week if you factor in 3-4 mailing days from Orlando to SF Bay Area.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did you provide your SSN to the closing agent. If so, try connecting your ownership using your SSN. You should be able to get online a few days or more before you get the snail mail letter.

kobidobi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had been using my husband's SSN. I wasn't sure where to find the contract number, but I went back through the paperwork and found it. We put the timeshare into our trust, so I don't know whether it's just not there yet (it's been two weeks) or whether I'm entering the name information incorrectly. I'll keep trying using both the contract number and the SSN and eventually I'm sure it'll be there! I am kicking myself for dragging my feet on the paperwork. We would like to book an August week and would prefer not to have to ask the original owners to do it for us.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was never able to link using my SSN. Select the option you are not individuals (corporations, I believe) and enter your contract #. It takes about 3 weeks for Vistana to set you up.

Last edited:

kobidobi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just closing the loop on this. I decided to call owner services today (3 weeks and 1 day after the sale was recorded). Since we put the unit into a trust, I wasn't sure how to enter our names. It's a good thing I called because all our documentation includes first name and full middle name, but in their system, it's first name, middle initial. I've been entering the wrong names all along.

Now I will go cancel the reservation the previous owners made for next spring (anything I should be aware of?) and wait to book an August week!

Also, since the previous owners had already booked a week for next year, does that mean the maintenance fees have already been paid for next year?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Just closing the loop on this. I decided to call owner services today (3 weeks and 1 day after the sale was recorded). Since we put the unit into a trust, I wasn't sure how to enter our names. It's a good thing I called because all our documentation includes first name and full middle name, but in their system, it's first name, middle initial. I've been entering the wrong names all along.

Now I will go cancel the reservation the previous owners made for next spring (anything I should be aware of?) and wait to book an August week!

Also, since the previous owners had already booked a week for next year, does that mean the maintenance fees have already been paid for next year?

No, it's unlikely they have already paid as the notices go out in December. You can make the reservation whenever you like up to 12 months in advance but can't take occupancy unless the MFs are paid. As for the cancellation, shouldn't be any issue whatsoever as long as it's more than 60 days ahead of time. You might want to check that their reservation actually got transferred into your name on the sale as I'm not sure how automatic that is.

Last edited:

kobidobi

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was worth a shot! I had thought you couldn't book before paying dues, but it makes sense that it needs to be done before you stay.

And thanks for the tip about the reservation. I contacted owner services and they changed it to my name.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since Vistana still controls the home resort reservation, and StarOption reservations, you can make the reservation without prepaying the MFs. Vistana will cancel the reservation if you become delinquent. You do have to prepay to deposit your future year in to II or to borrower StarOptions. It would be nice if Vistana was like Marriott, and didn't require prepay on II deposits, perhaps with them being under the same ILG umbrella, that may change?