• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New "Jumbotron" at Enclaves (Shadow Ridge)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
New structure being built to house a giant poolside video screen at the Enclaves section. Will be used for sports and Dive-in movies.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mrdencltv1.jpg
    mrdencltv1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 394

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Another pic:
attachment.php

Attachments

• mrdencltv2.jpg
    mrdencltv2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 361

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
Thank you for sharing the pictures. We are owners at shadow Ridge (villages) who have not stayed there in a while. Had not heard about this yet. Exciting!!

Do you know if more units being built either in enclaves section or in the undeveloped land north of the lobby/marketplace/golf shop? Also do you know if any interior villa renovations/soft goods upgrades are planned.

We recently stayed at Desert Springs villas II in a newly remodeled unit which was beautiful. Love the new colors their which are browns and blues. They also have upgraded AC units and greater access to electrical outlets and USB ports.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
No new villa construction that I can see. Rooms are the same as last year, don't know about refurbishment schedule.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No wonder MFs are going up so much. I would really have to question how important something like this is. I am sure it is costing a lot of money. What a waste IMO.

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club
How fun for kids... bummer it won't be done in 2 weeks when we get there.
Since you are currently there, maybe i can ask you if you have any tips on which building will good. I was told try to ask for 3rd floor and I requested for pool view.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
No wonder MFs are going up so much. I would really have to question how important something like this is. I am sure it is costing a lot of money. What a waste IMO.

I agree.MF's are up $500.00 since I bought in 2007. MOC has pool side movies' with a projector and pull down screen I would imagine at a much more reasonable cost.

$800's to $1300 plus, no tax included either.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
How fun for kids... bummer it won't be done in 2 weeks when we get there.
Since you are currently there, maybe i can ask you if you have any tips on which building will good. I was told try to ask for 3rd floor and I requested for pool view.
I like it too, we've had great times with others watching world cup around the bars, and this will be great to watch large sports events.

Are your staying in enclaves or the original villages?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I'm not an owner there but I'm wondering why any resort would do unnecessary construction by a pool during Summer? Why not wait til Winter when the pool is less busy? Are they trying to get it done in time for a specific event?

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like it too, we've had great times with others watching world cup around the bars, and this will be great to watch large sports events.

Are your staying in enclaves or the original villages?

Davidvel - we're staying at the Enclaves. I read it's the newer side so that's where i booked.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
I'm not an owner there but I'm wondering why any resort would do unnecessary construction by a pool during Summer? Why not wait til Winter when the pool is less busy? Are they trying to get it done in time for a specific event?
The summer is actually lower season in the desert than winter and spring. They said they are trying to get it done for the Olympics this summer.

Other then the hammering, there's little effect on the pool area.

spaulino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want to be by the pool, request bldgs. 4400, 4300.
You can get a resort map here: Shadow Ridge

Thanks.. I just called and I know that the Enclaves are the newer buildings than the village. But in your opinion, is it better to stay at the Village if you have kids with you? I didn't know that the water slides are in the Villages and seems to have more pool. Which one do you prefer? Or is it better to stay at Enclaves and easy drive to Village for the water slides?

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
My vote would be to stay at villages and drive to enclaves pool. There is parking near enclaves pool but there is not dedicated parking near villages pool with water slides (unless you park in front of a villa building near by). Both pool complexes have a bar and grill. In low season (sept/oct/not) the bar and grill is sometimes closed at enclaves. Be interesting to see if that changes once they install the jumbo tron tv

Units are also bigger in the villages vs in the enclaves which is a main reason we like them.

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Updates?

Anyone have any photos of the completed project?

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anybody stayed at this property around Christmas time (Christmas to New Years week)? If so, what is the weather like and are there activities for kids?

We will be at Newport Coast for 5 days and i'd like to go to another location for 2 days (either try MVCI in Palm Springs or go to LA Proper to stay at a hotel).

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Has anybody stayed at this property around Christmas time (Christmas to New Years week)? If so, what is the weather like and are there activities for kids?

We will be at Newport Coast for 5 days and i'd like to go to another location for 2 days (either try MVCI in Palm Springs or go to LA Proper to stay at a hotel).
Weather is basically the same as Newport Coast in December. Could be 70 and sunny, or 55 and raining. (If I had to bet, I'd go with the former.) Desert can get a bit colder at night than the coast.

Lots of kids activities at Shadow Ridge year round.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I live in N. San Diego county and go out to Palm Desert every fall and winter. Of all of the places in the continental US, the Palm Springs and Phoenix area probably have the highest chance of sunny warm weather.

The weather in Newport Beach is likely to be cooler than Palm Springs/Palm Desert. Newport Beach or Coast is ...well...right on the coast. Palm Springs is perhaps 80-100 miles inland. So it is typically going to be about 10 or so degrees warmer during the day and 10 or so degrees cooler at night.