*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

New guy in here

Discussion in 'New to Timesharing? Look Here!' started by AF Veteran, Feb 7, 2012.

1. GeraldineT

GeraldineT Guest

I have had ads on Ebay, craigslist and of course here. What about friends and family? A friend of mine made an ad and posted it to her Facebook and asked a few friends to share it and she had more takers than she had weeks.

I just charge my costs. The proportionate cost of the maintenance based on the points used, guest certificate and any ebay and paypal fees. If you book through private sources (friends/family) you can offer a better rate since you will not have to pay the ebay/paypal fees.

Good luck. Its not easy but at least early enough in the year that you still have time.

2. AF Veteran

AF Veteran Guest

I figured it'd be just advertising and notifying Welk about it..I guess I'll have to make a thread about it.

3. AF Veteran

AF Veteran Guest

From the looks of it the one here is $700 max..hmmm

4. Beefnot

Beefnot TUG Member

That is just for last minute rental section. You can list in the TUG marketplace for whatever you want.

5. AF Veteran

AF Veteran Guest

Ah ok.:cool:

6. applegirl

applegirl Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

You should be able to rent out a week at the Lawrence Welk in Escondido for at least close to your MF's, it's only 45 minutes from the beach! If you book a summer or spring break week it shouldn't be a problem. Just try to book the largest unit you can and don't ask too much and it should rent with no problem.

Trust me, someday you will use this if you can't get rid of it! T/S can provide wonderful vacations with very comfortable amenities. I hope you get to enjoy what it can offer in a future vacation.

Janna

7. AF Veteran

AF Veteran Guest

It's been a little while since I have posted in here..been busy and moving..fun stuff.

Unless I've overlooked it I dont see a section where I can advertise what I have that I want to sell..I have some time saved up cause I was over seas so if someone can point to where I can rent out my saved time I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

8. glypnirsgirl

glypnirsgirl Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Welcome back!

In the red bar above at the top of your screen is a section called "marketplace." That is where the ads are.

elaine

9. AF Veteran

AF Veteran Guest

I see that now, thanks.

Cant do anything with it tho cause I'm not a member..never shouldve bought the thing.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  10. Beefnot

Beefnot TUG Member

That's nothing $15 can't solve.

11. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Beefy's right. You own the TS. It has no value other than in it's use. Might as well use TUG to find out how to use it and have some great vacations. For $15 you can check reviews of where you can exchange into then if you still want to list it for sale or to rent some weeks out that's an option too.

Best wishes

Jim

12. momeason

momeason TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

When you put together that list, please share it with me.:)

13. AF Veteran

AF Veteran Guest

Yup..I'm in that now trying to figure that all out..been busy..:wall: