• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
ok
Todays tip is the use of the "insert" feature when posting a reply or thread!

In the previous version of vbulletin we had a simple "quote" button at the top (or folks just typed in the quote code around the text they wanted).

now the icon has changed a bit but is still there, its the INSERT icon (see picture below) and it allows you to INSERT a number of codes to allow for different features within a post or reply.

when you click it you will see a small drop down box and "quote" is the first option!

just a heads up for those looking for the easy "quote" button!View attachment 3015

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
seewhat.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok

In the previous version of vbulletin we had a simple "quote" button at the top (or folks just typed in the quote code around the text they wanted).

now the icon has changed a bit but is still there, its the INSERT icon (see picture below) and it allows you to INSERT a number of codes to allow for different features within a post or reply.

when you click it you will see a small drop down box and "quote" is the first option!

just a heads up for those looking for the easy "quote" button!View attachment 3015

The insert icon is to the right of the Draft icon. correct

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
or the left =)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I was trying to find that Strike-through yesterday. I ended up just having to manually input the tags.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I was trying to find that Strike-through yesterday. I ended up just having to manually input the tags.

There's a small "Help" link in the blue bar at the bottom of the page. You can find all the bbcodes for manual entry there.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and another new forum tip I just discovered!

If you click the "new posts" link like im sure most members who love that feature do, as you scroll down you might not notice (I didnt until today) a small line break that indicates the break between "new posts since your last visit" and "new posts you havent read but havent been updated since your last visit"

This is super handy for me IMO...and i think would provide a solution for a few others that were going back and forth between new posts and recent posts!

here is a screenshot:

newpostnotification.jpg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Drag and drop images.

If you find an image on the web that you want to place in a post, simply drag it from the webpage and drop it in to the reply box. You can do this when the images are on different tabs. First drag the image over the tab that the reply box is in, then drag it to the reply window and drop. Lets see if this works.

11388.jpg

I simply dragged Brian's avatar in to the reply box and dropped it.

I also found, if you want to link to the image in its original location, just click on it while it is still in the reply box. The insert hyperlink box will popup with the path already inserted. Simply click Insert and the image is now also a hyperlink.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats super handy!

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question of searching ? Trying DOG FRIENDLY as it says the word 'dog' to too short or common. So I tried with double quotes - not work -I get results for the word 'friendly'. Tried a + sign ( dog+friendly) ... any suggestions ?

Lets try the insert image ( as mentioned above ) ...:) we never top learning ...:)

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 5.33.53 PM.png

Really nice to add images ...

Regards
Greg H

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question of searching ? Trying DOG FRIENDLY as it says the word 'dog' to too short or common. So I tried with double quotes - not work -I get results for the word 'friendly'. Tried a + sign ( dog+friendly) ... any suggestions ?

Lets try the insert image ( as mentioned above ) ...:) we never top learning ...:)

View attachment 3112

Really nice to add images ...

Regards
Greg H
See this post in the BBS Help section: http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/searching-the-tug-website.81078/

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I do find the search feature of Xenforo to be far inferior to that of vBulletin. On vBulletin, I was able to do searches for threads started by a specific user. Like if I wanted to find threads started just by me. I can't find any way to do that now. Google Search won't help me with that either. Also find that when you choose more options, it by default tries to search all forums where vBulletin would still default to the forum you are currently in.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do find the search feature of Xenforo to be far inferior to that of vBulletin. On vBulletin, I was able to do searches for threads started by a specific user. Like if I wanted to find threads started just by me. I can't find any way to do that now. Google Search won't help me with that either. Also find that when you choose more options, it by default tries to search all forums where vBulletin would still default to the forum you are currently in.

See these posts in the BBS Help section:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...k-list-of-posts-by-yourself-or-others.137888/

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-use-the-bbs-search-capabilities.248782/

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got IT:thumbup: And a Happy New Year to you!!!:banana:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortuatly neither of these seem to help me accomplish what I want. The first is perhaps the closest, but the problem is that it shows all my posts. It isn't displayed as threads. I also post replies far more than I post new threads. I find the same true for most regulars where I may be trying to find a thread started by a specific person. Digging through these isn't really any easier. I liked the option in vBulletin where there was a drop down where you could select "Find Threads Started by User."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA