• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Exchange Company?

rjsmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

My husband and I were invited to a dinner near us to "review" our timeshare and to "help" us manage it better. So a free dinner to Longhorn Steakhouse we said, why not. They were trying to offer us to buy two Wyndham timeshares that would give us an additional 140k point (give or take) for $3700. We always want more points, but aren't ready for additional maintenance right now. So we said no to that. Anyway, what interested us was the idea of this other timeshare exchange company where we pay $189 a year and then didn't have to pay for any of our exchanges (deposit or when we find something we want and use it). What we didn't get was the name of this timeshare exchange company. I wanted to investigate it on my own because it seemed too good to be true. Does anyone have any information on this? We didn't buy, but I wanted to investigate on my own. The name of the company that was presenting this to us was "Timeshare Clearinghouse". Thoughts?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare sales weasels are all alike. They aren't going to tell you the whole truth and will lie to your face. You won't know about the fine print until it's too late. Walk away and keep on walking. . .

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you don't live in AZ

http://www.azre.gov/NewsAndAlerts/LBN_kelso_7_25_16.pdf

Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE) –Informational Alert 2016
On July 25, 2016, the Department of Real Estate issued a Cease and Desist Order directing Timeshare Clearinghouse and Jeffrey Kelso to immediately cease and desist from engaging in any real estate activity including sales, listing, rental and/or leasing activity and property management activity, in any capacity whatsoever, directly or indirectly, within the State of Arizona, without first demonstrating full compliance with all applicable laws and rules and until such time as this Cease and Desist Order is vacated by the Commissioner.

soulinwonder

Reaction score
STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE

My dad contracted with Timeshare Clearinghouse (TSCH) early in 2017. They were supposed to get him free of the timeshare (Silverleaf Resorts) he had been stuck with since my mother's passing. He paid them 9000.00 (via a brand new credit card he opened just for this purpose) and TSCH made initial contact with Silveleaf in March of 2017. TSCH was informed that Silverleaf does not negotiate with third party vendors but never communicated this to my dad. Instead they continued to pretend that they were in negotiations with Silverleaf up until Dad's untimely death in August of 2017. At this point, I discovered that Dad had contracted with TSCH and I took over communication. TSCH continued to claim that Silverleaf was stonewalling us but that they would "...get things done" and that it was "...just a matter of time." TSCH engaged in stonewalling themselves when they refused to show me copies of their communication with Silverleaf. At a certain point in January of 2018, I became curious if Silverleaf had even heard of these people who claimed to represent my dad so I called them. This is when I found out that Silverleaf had told TSCH that they don't negotiate with third parties-- ever. Period. This is also when I began my own direct negotiation So- my question is-- what services did Timeshare Clearinghouse provide for my dad that were worth 9000.00? That seems an exorbitant sum for the little (if any!) work they did on his behalf.

Additionally- In a phone conversation on 04/12, Jay bowling contended that a significant portion of the 9000.00 went to pay for the “vacation club” they enrolled my dad in. Jay had made this contention at least one other time, but it was directly contradicted by Mr. Kelso when we spoke on 03/12/18 when he described the club as a “throw in” or- to pararphrase- a nice extra that they offer to clients.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This is tale we too often - a vacation Club promises to get you out of your week - sometimes by offering to give you a credit against the inflated price of their worthless "club" - which is often just booking RCI specials for you.

It is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
This is a 2 year old thread, but since it was bumped up I would just point out for any newbie lurkers two sentences in the original post that are timeless, and really should tell you everything you need to know about come ons like this:

"They were trying to offer us to buy two Wyndham timeshares that would give us an additional 140k point (give or take) for $3700."

"What we didn't get was the name of this timeshare exchange company."

What else would you need to know?