• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need your opinion/advice

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hello all! I was wondering if I could trouble you for your opinion on an offer I received. I went through some listings on eBay that ended with no sale, and contacted some of the sellers to see if they'd be willing to come down in price or cover some of the closing costs. One did respond back, and said the owner would be willing to split the closing costs with me. Here is the deal:

308,000 Annual points at Wyndham Branson at the Meadows point
(Available 2017. 60k points were already borrowed)

MF $1,955.76 yearly (0.0063 per point)

Sale price: $1
Closing cost (my share) $150
Transfer fee $299

My original offer was $1 plus transfer fee. Is this a good deal? Location is not important since we can use them at any resort, and we don't normally go to the same resort every time we vacation. Of course ARP in some of the desirable locations would be cool, but those have higher MF costs. I am currently a Wyndham owner with 182k.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I was wondering if I could trouble you for your opinion on an offer I received. I went through some listings on eBay that ended with no sale, and contacted some of the sellers to see if they'd be willing to come down in price or cover some of the closing costs. One did respond back, and said the owner would be willing to split the closing costs with me. Here is the deal:

Transfer fee $299

My original offer was $1 plus transfer fee. Is this a good deal? Location is not important since we can use them at any resort, and we don't normally go to the same resort every time we vacation. Of course ARP in some of the desirable locations would be cool, but those have higher MF costs. I am currently a Wyndham owner with 182k.

Mf there is on the high side, but the price is right... Id buy it,

as they say, pay me now or pay me later... Im a pay later kind of guy

the desirable arp locations dont always have higher maintenance fees, They may cost more if others have the same wants, And consider, what you might want is different than what I might want

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I considered paying asking on some with the lower MF fees, but they are in the thousands. It would take years to recoup the cost. For example, if the Per point fee was the same as my patriots place contract, the MF would be $385 less. I'm only saving $385. I looked at other Branson contracts and they are all over the place on price, but most go for higher then $1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Grand Desert has lower maintenance fees. I seen some good deals on contracts at this resort.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I've been looking at those. Some were actually as high as .007 cents a point. Only a few were in the .005 cent per point range. Those had high closing fees and the auctions usually went for much higher. It seems there are a lot of people looking at timeshares on eBay because the good deals keep getting snatched up.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at those. Some were actually as high as .007 cents a point. Only a few were in the .005 cent per point range. Those had high closing fees and the auctions usually went for much higher. It seems there are a lot of people looking at timeshares on eBay because the good deals keep getting snatched up.

What you say about eBay is true but in my experience that's where you will find the most activity and the best prices.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Definitely agree that eBay has the best pricing. I looked at other sites selling the same contracts for thousands. If I wanted to pay thousands, I'd get developer points. They have more benefits. Otherwise, I'll be happy to spend $1 plus closing on a large contract.

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal:

Transfer fee $299

It appears to me this owner is having to pay half of the closing costs just to get out of this timeshare. I wonder why he doesn't just give it back to Wyndham through the Ovation program? Since it sounds like there is a broker involved they may be paying even more that that. I don't like the idea of taking advantage of an uninformed seller/owner. When I was offered a similar deal through the TUG marketplace I gave the seller the 800 number for Ovation. I lost a "good deal" but hopefully will get paid back in the future. Owners shouldn't get fleeced buying and selling. If Ovation will not take it then maybe the deal is a win-win as is. If they will take it then this is not a good deal for both parties.

D.B.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm dealing with a broker and not the owner, so I have no way of knowing one way or another. You do make a good point and if I could talk to him I would. Unfortunately, I don't have his contact info.

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm dealing with a broker and not the owner, so I have no way of knowing one way or another. You do make a good point and if I could talk to him I would. Unfortunately, I don't have his contact info.

Good answer and I figured as much. I am one of the Wyndham owners who was locked out for a couple of months and am still restricted not knowing what they might do to me next. Obviously I am not someone they would want sitting in a sales presentation but...I do applaud Wyndham for their Ovation program. Even if it has more to do with corporate profits than good will at least they offer many owners a way out. I think the option of giving a timeshare back should be required in every sales contract. Just my 2 cents.

D.B.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Agreed 100%. I think there might be some cases where they might not take them back. Obviously if their dues are not paid up, they won't take it until it is. The estoppel letter I saw, showed is was current. It's also possible they can only take back so much inventory. If they take back too much, they might not be able to sucker enough people into buying them as developer points, and they have no one to pay the MF's.

Cxt333

TUG Member
Reaction score
60k points borrowed from 2017. Your going to pay mf on them 60x6.3 $378 your out.
Remember that owner used that. I would move on unless they are going to pay the mf on the borrowed points that they used. I don't know how long you been looking but there's a little time. Keep in mind you will close in 2017 so your points will need to be used some how

Look at the new star island auction 189k no closing costs probably go for 250$. 5.9/1000 mf

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I've been looking for awhile now. Every time I find something, it goes for more then I am willing to spend or the closing costs are crazy. Usually the expensive ones are the ones with no closing costs.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for awhile now. Every time I find something, it goes for more then I am willing to spend or the closing costs are crazy. Usually the expensive ones are the ones with no closing costs.

It doesn't matter if the closing costs are high as long as the the total you are paying (purchase price plus fees) falls within your parameters

I mean $5000 plus $1000 to close is still a better deal than $6500 where the seller pays all fees

Bottom line: never lose sight of the prize. You are likely to still be shopping for that great deal while other buyers will be enjoying a vacation with their families

Decide how much you need and what you are willing to pay and bid your highest and best price. I'd use a sniping service, but that's me. Just don't get discouraged... keep at it. This really is the best time in a long time to buy. The guys like me that do this for a profit are not playing right now. Supply is up and prices are down

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks all!!!

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Bali Hai

There WAS a 308k Biennial Bali Hai on eBay yesterday for a buy it now price of $250 plus closing. Total would have bee a little over a grand out the door. That was a good deal... Might want to check with the seller (JJ Timeshare) to put in a backup bid in case the deal falls thru.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Bali Hai

I was the lucky one who grabbed the Bali Hai contract. The seller emailed me he accidentally put $200 instead of $2000 in the buy it now but would honor the deal since his mistake. Very respectable JJ Timeshares!!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I was the lucky one who grabbed the Bali Hai contract. The seller emailed me he accidentally put $200 instead of $2000 in the buy it now but would honor the deal since his mistake. Very respectable JJ Timeshares!!

Nice score!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

John Kushman is one of the best

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Nice. :)

c2kid69

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread but a quick question. Longtime TS owner, brand new to the option of resale market.

If you buy on the resale market are you eligible for the 'perks' of buying directly from the resort? I know that Shell has different tier levels such as signature and above that come with some decent perks.

Thank you

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Don't mean to hijack the thread but a quick question. Longtime TS owner, brand new to the option of resale market.

If you buy on the resale market are you eligible for the 'perks' of buying directly from the resort? I know that Shell has different tier levels such as signature and above that come with some decent perks.

Thank you

no you are not:

read the wyndham advice articles all you need to know is in there: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128302

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I decided to go ahead with this deal for now. I was looking to stay under $500. I know it's just an upfront cost but the MF are not horrible on this one, and it's below the $500 I was looking to put out. Obviously it's not Bali, but I've seen plenty with MF of $7-10/1000. I was looking at some Bonnet creek but those were higher MF. I will go with this one since it's one big contract and I don't see myself needed more then that for personal use. If I change my mind a few years down the road or my needs change, I'll give it away in the Bargain Deals Forum. :)

c2kid69

Reaction score
no you are not:

read the wyndham advice articles all you need to know is in there: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128302

Thank you for the links and the short answer! Likely assumption but I would guess most if not all of the major players like Marriott and Hilton have similar stipulations.

For the noob of the group is there a term that folks use for a question such as this.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thank you for the links and the short answer! Likely assumption but I would guess most if not all of the major players like Marriott and Hilton have similar stipulations.

For the noob of the group is there a term that folks use for a question such as this.

shorter the better right. ;)