• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Information on Vacation Villages at Parkway

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im new to timesharing.
I just bought a week 26 at vacation village @ parkway from an individual. It's an odd year ( that way I won't have to go every yr. or pay MF every yr. ) the paperworks are still in process (legaltimesharetranfer) thanks to Tugbbs!
Can someone tell me if this is a good week in terms of trading powers / using it?
What are the disadvantage or advantages of this (resort or my week)
The seller has deposited the 2011 thru RCI and can be used till 4/2013.
How can I get the most out of this TS? We intend to visit it next year!
Thank you!

Welcome NewbeeGil. You did great getting a week 26 at VV@P.

The advantage with week 26 is you get very good TPU's on a split deposit. I own week 26 also and you'll get between 53 and 63 TPU's for a split deposit, depending on the year. The place is in good condition, shouldn't need any significant improvements any time soon, and reserves for future work are pretty good.

You also get discounted RCI exchange fees if you exchange to other "Daily Management" resorts. That's the management company. The sister resorts can be found Here. The discounted exchange fee is $129 or $139. You can also pay your MF and request a split deposit at the website. Make sure to complete your deposits at leat 9 months out for max TPU's.

Now for the top five list of disadvantages.

#5 - They always have an oversupply of weeks available for people to trade into.
#4 - We MAY be getting more TPU's on deposit than we should.
#3 - Some who don't own here may feel cheated.
#2 - VV@P might be in bed with the evil RCI

and #1 - Carolinian hates VV@P, Orlando & RCI... he will beat you up over it relentelessly. :clap: :cheer:

Last edited:

NewbeeGil

Reaction score
Looking at next year (2013) in RCI: If you split the lock-off, you'll get 27 TPUs for the "A" side and 26 for the "B" side.....
for a total of 53.......a lot of TPUs

This is good, if you want to use this for RCI trades

I had second thought after I bought this TS but thanks to favorable reply I was satisfied ... The update: legaltimesharetranfer has mailed the deed transfer to vacation village last week and VV has yet to transfer it to my name... Legaltimesharetranfer took only 2-3 days to record/ transfer the deed to me but it just stalled @ VV... It's been over a week now and hopefully they'll transfer it to my name (which I think would take them a total of 1-2 minutes to transfer). Now the previous owner has deposited the 2011 week with RCI and spit it to two 1 br week thru RCI?. Whats the best thing i should do so I can use the deposited 2br week the previous owner deposited? Please explain it to me like you're trying to explain it to a 6 yr old kid! :)

NewbeeGil

Reaction score
Welcome NewbeeGil. You did great getting a week 26 at VV@P.

The advantage with week 26 is you get very good TPU's on a split deposit. I own week 26 also and you'll get between 53 and 63 TPU's for a split deposit, depending on the year. The place is in good condition, shouldn't need any significant improvements any time soon, and reserves for future work are pretty good.

You also get discounted RCI exchange fees if you exchange to other "Daily Management" resorts. That's the management company. The sister resorts can be found Here. The discounted exchange fee is $129 or $139. You can also pay your MF and request a split deposit at the website. Make sure to complete your deposits at leat 9 months out for max TPU's.

Now for the top five list of disadvantages.

#5 - They always have an oversupply of weeks available for people to trade into.
#4 - We MAY be getting more TPU's on deposit than we should.
#3 - Some who don't own here may feel cheated.
#2 - VV@P might be in bed with the evil RCI

and #1 - Carolinian hates VV@P, Orlando & RCI... he will beat you up over it relentelessly. :clap: :cheer:

Thank you for the reply!:cheer: The previous owner deposited the 2011 week and split it to 2 one br week with RCI. What do I do now so I can use this deposited week? Previous owner said it will expire In April 2013. I plan to visit this resort next year (odd yr) to find out how my home resort looks like or should I deposit just half on 2013 with RCI ( I just need a 1 br)... Or split it to 2 one br week and use one br week on VV@p since there is an oversupply of weeks? How much will I have to pay? Btw my check in is Friday - Friday on unit 4306 ( previous owner said its new in 2007) can my check in day be change if I'm gonna use my home resort?

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!:cheer: The previous owner deposited the 2011 week and split it to 2 one br week with RCI. What do I do now so I can use this deposited week? Previous owner said it will expire In April 2013. I plan to visit this resort next year (odd yr) to find out how my home resort looks like or should I deposit just half on 2013 with RCI ( I just need a 1 br)... Or split it to 2 one br week and use one br week on VV@p since there is an oversupply of weeks? How much will I have to pay? Btw my check in is Friday - Friday on unit 4306 ( previous owner said its new in 2007) can my check in day be change if I'm gonna use my home resort?

First, I have more questions.

1. Do you already have an RCI account?
2. Did the seller indicate that the 2011 deposited weeks will go to you? That doesn't happen unless they request those deposits to be transferred to you. What about the listing? Did it indicate anything about the 2011 week. Deposited weeks are separate and distinct from the deed transfer.

If the answer is yes to both then the seller can go ahead and transfer the deposits to you. That has nothing to do with VV@P getting the deed transferred into your name. Just to clarify, if the week was deposited, it's not your week to use any more. You will now have TPU's (65 TPU's for 2011, I think) at RCI to use for any exchange. You can exchange right back into VV@P or somewhere nicer. Even though you'll have an exchange fee to do that, you'll come out on the winning end.

That's because it will cost you much less in TPU's to get back to Orlando, thus leaving you with many more TPU's to exchange for more vacations. Also, you can more than likely find an even nicer resort to go to in Orlando and still have enough TPU's leftover for another vacation. If you don't yet have an RCI account, go ahead and get one set up and ask the seller to transfer those 2011 weeks into your account.

In the future, I'd still deposit both halves and just use the TPU's to trade. You could deposit half but it's a waste. At this point, you'll get 55 to 65 TPU's for a split deposit. Getting back into VV@P on a trade will cost no more than 15 TPU's and you're not limited to week 27. You can go any time that's convenient. There's also no need to book way in advance, because the TPU cost goes down as you get closer and there's ALWAYS something available. For example, you can still book any week at VV@P THIS summer for mostly no more than 10 TPU's. Quite frankly, though, I always look to trade into something that's nicer with more of a resort feel, like Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Doing this way will always leave you enough to take one or two more vacations. Depending on where and when you go away, you could even get 4 weeks of vacations out of 60 TPU's. It all depends on how nice of a resort and how prime the travel time.

As for VV@P and the deed. They aren't too quick. Since it's an EOY deed, though, there's no urgency. Just keep tabs with them and it will eventually get done. Last thing. You're check in if you don't deposit with RCI will always be week 27 with a Friday checkin. You can check any timeshare calander to see what date that is for any given year. Good luck.

Last edited: