• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Guidance on Selling InnSeasons, The Falls in Ogunquit, Maine

fowlerm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Falls, (points)
Brand new to this forum, and need guidance. Our 'points' timeshare, had it for ? 10-15 yrs now, we are thinking of selling. We have 292,000 points left (160,000 per year)
Any suggestions as to sell it for? Bought through InnSeasons, at 'The Falls' in Ogunquit, Maine.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brand new to this forum, and need guidance. Our 'points' timeshare, had it for ? 10-15 yrs now, we are thinking of selling. We have 292,000 points left (160,000 per year)
Any suggestions as to sell it for? Bought through InnSeasons, at 'The Falls' in Ogunquit, Maine.

I know the property, but have never stayed there and frankly don't really know anything about the Inn Seasons "no deed, just points" contracts that apparently co-exist at some Inn Season properties alongside some deeded ownerships. I also don't know anything about their reservation process under "points" (or about any seasonal restrictions, or any advance time minimums in making reservations with those points contracts / certificates).

Although I have no understanding of the details of what you have or if there would be any demand or value in the resale market, I would still suggest starting with taking a good look at RedWeek, eBay, MyResortNetwork, TUG to see if you can find any comparable packages offered for that particular resort (or perhaps at other Inn Seasons properties). That would at least give you an idea of asking prices, although it won't reveal actual selling prices (except in the instances of closed / sold eBay auctions). Those same sites can of course then be used for advertising once you have a price range and can prepare a clear description of the product, annual fees, reservation process / restrictions, points requirements to reserve particular unit size, expiration date (if any) of the points contract. The more information and details you can provide right up front, the less time you'll spend answering the same questions over and over again. Good luck.

P.S. If your investigation leads you to conclude that there is little or no market value or demand for your particular "product" (I have no idea whatsoever), you can always offer it to a new home in the TUG "Bargain Deals" section at no cost to you (apart from paying a $15 membership fee to join TUG).
Other venues will involve out of pocket advertising costs (at several times the cost of a TUG membership). Good luck, whichever way you go.

Last edited:

fowlerm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Falls, (points)
I know the property, but have never stayed there and frankly don't really know anything about the Inn Seasons "no deed, just points" contracts that apparently co-exist at some Inn Season properties alongside some deeded ownerships. I also don't know anything about their reservation process under "points" (or about any seasonal restrictions, or any advance time minimums in making reservations with those points contracts / certificates).

Although I have no understanding of the details of what you have or if there would be any demand or value in the resale market, I would still suggest starting with taking a good look at RedWeek, eBay, MyResortNetwork, TUG to see if you can find any comparable packages offered for that particular resort (or perhaps at other Inn Seasons properties). That would at least give you an idea of asking prices, although it won't reveal actual selling prices (except in the instances of closed / sold eBay auctions). Those same sites can of course then be used for advertising once you have a price range and can prepare a clear description of the product, annual fees, reservation process / restrictions, points requirements to reserve particular unit size, expiration date (if any) of the points contract. The more information and details you can provide right up front, the less time you'll spend answering the same questions over and over again. Good luck.

P.S. If your investigation leads you to conclude that there is little or no market value or demand for your particular "product" (I have no idea whatsoever), you can always offer it to a new home in the TUG "Bargain Deals" section at no cost to you (apart from paying a $15 membership fee to join TUG).
Other venues will involve out of pocket advertising costs. Good luck, whichever way you go.

Thank You Theo!!
This gives me a starting point, some good ideas here I can begin with, I've had a TS since '98, got good use, and now it's time to move on, wish me luck.
And thanks again for taking the time.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Be careful of scammers- basically anyone who wants an upfront fee to sell your week for you. Some will even tell you they have a buyer, but some money must be paid first - run away from them. Closing fees and costs are generally paid during the closing settlement- any other time is a red flag.
If the timeshare has a deed associated with it, all sales would need to be recorded in Ogunquit. The town/city would have the information as to what prices were paid for resales.

fowlerm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Falls, (points)
Be careful of scammers- basically anyone who wants an upfront fee to sell your week for you. Some will even tell you they have a buyer, but some money must be paid first - run away from them. Closing fees and costs are generally paid during the closing settlement- any other time is a red flag.
If the timeshare has a deed associated with it, all sales would need to be recorded in Ogunquit. The town/city would have the information as to what prices were paid for resales.

Thank You! I need to explore the deed, and sales of like units, appreciate your input.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
What exactly do you own?

fowlerm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Falls, (points)
What exactly do you own?
Hello,
Points, 160,000 yr- bought at 'The Falls' in Ogunquit, Me- fee 1200. yr- had it a while, retired thinking of unloading, but would like 'some' $$$$☺️

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Ok, thanks, I already have too many timeshares