• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need feedback on Kings Creek Plantation.

lidya77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We are considering buying TS in Kings creek plantation Williamsburg VA (Point System), just wondering is there is anyone who owns or is familiar with them in TUG who can share with us their experience or knowledge. Thanks a lot for any help or advice.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
What means of purchase are you considering: Direct from the Developer (we'll suggest that is a poor idea) or Resale or "free from friend/family"?

As for its value, should you be considering "Direct from the Developer" -- do weigh their purchase price against your exit strategy. Resale on this property can be gauged by scanning eBay where a 3BR float week at Kings Creek Plantation has 0 bids, starting price $9. (Yep, just $9.00, no bids at current). Reading through Closed Auctions, I see a 4BR Floating Week unit that closed for $1.00. That speaks to Kings Creek Plantation's long term, resale value.

However, if you are receiving this "~free" from family or friends and intend to use it ... then that is a different matter and may make it worthwhile.

As for the "points" -- which Point System does this property use? A quick Google search suggests it might be Internal International (II) points? How do you intend to use the timeshare or its points? Do you know how many points your purchase will receive and if that allocation is guaranteed? What are the exchange fees related to trading this property?

Sorry to answer your questions with more questions ... hope to help you explore and think about this purchase before making any commitment.

lidya77

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,
we're considering buying from the developer (a foreclosure) since all we found available on the secondary market are either floating weeks or fixed ones (no point), number of the points is 205,000 II and the exchange fees are $189 and MF are $408, plus bonus weeks and we'll have access to their amenities year round as we're only an hour away.
Thanks again

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Why do you specifically want Interval International points? Do you have a particular goal that can only be best solved using II's point system?

The reason I ask is that not all II-affiliated resorts work with the II point system. In all, II's point system is still fairly quiet and unknown. Sure, 205k points is pretty strong ... but why go the developer route if you really didn't need that particular point system. You should be able to trade "weeks" through one of the major exchange companies and, likely, multiple smaller exchange companies even with a resale/free week.

Glad to learn you'd use the resort as locals! That is a big bonus, indeed. :)

lidya77

Reaction score
Why do you specifically want Interval International points? Do you have a particular goal that can only be best solved using II's point system?

The reason I ask is that not all II-affiliated resorts work with the II point system. In all, II's point system is still fairly quiet and unknown. Sure, 205k points is pretty strong ... but why go the developer route if you really didn't need that particular point system. You should be able to trade "weeks" through one of the major exchange companies and, likely, multiple smaller exchange companies even with a resale/free week.

Glad to learn you'd use the resort as locals! That is a big bonus, indeed. :)

we like the point system because we'll be able to stay for short periods if we would like too we don't have to use a whole week also we can upgrade to larger unit if we need too without extra fees (flexibility aspect). Since we are new to TS I'm not sure if with floating weeks we can get this same offers.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since we are new to TS ...
WELCOME!
Please consider using the Survey questions to help us provide more useful guidance. While the questions don't address Day Use or Points -- do be sure to write those into the answers. These qualities do help shape the responses. I'm betting we'll see more traffic in this thread in the morning (more voices chiming in).

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bump! Looking for input from other Tuggers, please?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely dont purchase from KCP when you can get a unit for next to nothing resale. The point system is worth next to nothing because so few resorts are part of it. KCP also has pretty much zero control over who uses the amenities. Every time I have been there locals are using the pools and common areas because there is no security except for at night.

lidya77

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. we're glad that we found this site so early.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at KCP, but it's a Cottage in Weeks. We like it, but we mostly use it for trading. We have stayed there and enjoyed that, too. As far as I know, their point system is ONLY for King's Creek.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
King Creek is right next door to Water Country USA amusement park and only 4 miles from Busch Gardens amusement park.

RBrianTaylor

Reaction score
While I am no expert on the different owner types that might have been used in the past, I have been a KCP owner for 3 years, and I have 120,000 biennial points. I am able to use these points locally at King’s Creek for stays of 3 days or longer (their website lists the points table), or I can exchange through II (with an exchange fee of about $200). I did buy from the developer (I didn’t know there were other options back then), but I don’t know what benefits you would or would not get if you bought a unit on the resale market. Does anyone here know how resale’s points work and if they could be added to an existing “membership”? Other timeshare companies (such as Bluegreen) have been fairly well documented via websites such as this one, Facebook, and the like, but I can’t seem to find much about how King’s Creek works...