• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

National Harbor Inauguration Week

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good day,

I heard somewhere, maybe here on Tug, that during the previous inauguration a week at NH was renting for up to $20k.

Is this accurate?

Has anyone rented a room there before during inauguration week?

If you want to PM me info, that's fine...just wondering what the market bore last inauguration.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
20k seems a lot. Most likely that number came from a salesperson.

I decided to use my arp there to reserve some rooms for this coming one.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great location, we were at the Hilton Hotel next door ; hotel room rates range from $150 - $240 per night plus parking. I feel you could triple that and ask for 450 per night (min. stay 3 nights).

Outstanding location to DC via the Metro Line.

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro47

You are thinking of Old Town Alexandria location.

National Harbor does not have easy access to metro.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro47

There's a free shuttle that runs to OTA/Metro Stop. Definitely not quite as convenient, but still accessible in a way. Just have to make sure you know the times that the shuttle runs.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great location, we were at the Hilton Hotel next door ; hotel room rates range from $150 - $240 per night plus parking. I feel you could triple that and ask for 450 per night (min. stay 3 nights).

Outstanding location to DC via the Metro Line.
Thanks for all the feedback...

I was going to say Wyndham, through ExtraHolidays, has them renting for $1000/night, including taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there a couple of months ago. They are working on the Metro so transportation is difficult. We did a Hop On Hop off tour. They picked us up at Wyndham and it took us 2 hours to go the 10 miles to DC.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Funny story...

A few months back, I saw a NH unit (2br?) drop into RCI and sit there for a bit. I suddenly realized that it was inauguration week!!!!!!

I almost exchanged and thought hmm...what could I do with this exchange....but I'm not that dishonest. Not sure the depositor was thinking very well before they put that one into RCI!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I wish I would have seen that. The bulk dump either did not include that week or was taken by an OGS or manual match before I saw the bulk.

I live a little over an hour from DC in normal trafic but think it would be fun to be closer to the action for the week, kind of like times square at New Years. That is something that is only a 4 hour train or 4.5 hour bus ride away but hasn't happened yet an may never happen.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny story...

A few months back, I saw a NH unit (2br?) drop into RCI and sit there for a bit. I suddenly realized that it was inauguration week!!!!!!

I almost exchanged and thought hmm...what could I do with this exchange....but I'm not that dishonest.
Interesting term -- "dishonest".

What do you mean by that?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny story...

I almost exchanged and thought hmm...what could I do with this exchange....but I'm not that dishonest. Not sure the depositor was thinking very well before they put that one into RCI!!

Who would/could have deposited that into RCI other then Wyndham? Would Wyndham deposit that week inside the ARP?

Are you sure you are not mistaken?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I was just making a joke about renting exchanges--something I would never do.

I watch DC for units during the summer for bike trips. I saw a January NH during the time I thought was inauguration. I could have been mistaken, but I don't think so. I don't see many of those units and I normally just do dumb searches on RCI, so I see all kind of weird dates.

stranger things have happened.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro47

Thanks for the correction. You are correct, we were at the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria,VA.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Political comments are not permitted on TUG.]

Last edited by a moderator:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not had any luck yet at prices a lot lower then 20k a week.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Before the election and after I was seeing listings on Ebay for $5000 in a larger unit for inauguration week at National Harbor. They had been listed for a while and weren't selling. When I calculated the price there wasn't much profit for the number of points needed for the reservation and it was too early for a VIP owner to get a discount or upgrade.

IMHO there are always a few sellers that make really good money on a reservation but they might have a list of clients they deal with so not depending on eBay to get the big bucks. Once several people start selling the same stays on eBay the prices start dropping. Many potential buyers will add your listing to their watch list and wait to see if the price drops knowing the seller will get anxious to sell when the check in date gets closer.