• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NaPali Kauai Club Sale

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Prayers for Jim Wyndam please.

Jim Wyndham, who manages the NaPali Kauai Club, lives in Spring Texas, a suburb of Houston.

Check out the web with Spring Texas flooding pictures.

Spring looks like New Orleans after Katrina.

Jim's phone rings but no one is at home.

Sterling

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prayers for Jim Wyndam please.

Jim Wyndham, who manages the NaPali Kauai Club, lives in Spring Texas, a suburb of Houston.

Check out the web with Spring Texas flooding pictures.

Spring looks like New Orleans after Katrina.

Jim's phone rings but no one is at home.

Sterling

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm positive that Hurricane Harvey will delay the sale of the units at the Alii Kai Resort in Princeville.

Sterling

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope that Jim did not suffer too much from the flooding in the area. Here is an email I got today from Jim:

"If all went well at Old Republic Title & Escrow on Kauai late yesterday afternoon, our second unit to sell should have closed. The one thing I have learned in the past few months is not to count the chickens before they hatch. I'm waiting to hear official confirmation from Old Republic today.

I'm looking forward to sending out an email confirming the closing once I have received confirmation from Old Republic.

Look for an email from me later on this afternoon with the net amount that we received from the sale along with what each owner will be receiving from those net proceeds."

This is excellent news!

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope that Jim did not suffer too much from the flooding in the area. Here is an email I got today from Jim:

"If all went well at Old Republic Title & Escrow on Kauai late yesterday afternoon, our second unit to sell should have closed. The one thing I have learned in the past few months is not to count the chickens before they hatch. I'm waiting to hear official confirmation from Old Republic today.

I'm looking forward to sending out an email confirming the closing once I have received confirmation from Old Republic.

Look for an email from me later on this afternoon with the net amount that we received from the sale along with what each owner will be receiving from those net proceeds."

This is excellent news!

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard a word from Jim since his initial post. Not good news since it just cost us $13,000 to get central air replaced on Sat 9/23/17

Sterling

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sterling,

Are you saying that the resort just put in a new AC unit? Or are you speaking of your house? The reason I ask if because if we are selling the units why would we replace an AC, unless it was a contingency of the sale.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sterling,

Are you saying that the resort just put in a new AC unit? Or are you speaking of your house? The reason I ask if because if we are selling the units why would we replace an AC, unless it was a contingency of the sale.
Talking about my house.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The second unit at Na Pali Kauai Club just closed. Jim sent an email letting the owners know to expect their check once the funds clear next week. This is good news.

CT Peach

Reaction score
Has anyone been in contact with Jim? Did anyone get their check for the sale of the second unit yet? I haven't heard from Jim since 9/26/17.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim wrote that he was waiting for the other two to close so that he would only have to send one check. In fact THEY DID CLOSE!!!!!

I will find the email and post it here, but essentially each owner will get the value of the remaining 3 units per week of ownership. Fabulous outcome!

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim wrote that he was waiting for the other two to close so that he would only have to send one check. In fact THEY DID CLOSE!!!!!

I will find the email and post it here, but essentially each owner will get the value of the remaining 3 units per week of ownership. Fabulous outcome!

Here it is:

After explaining that he was waiting for confirmation that the third unit sold (unit 14C - which it did) and that he would send one payment rather than 3, Jim said: "That amount added to the funds we currently have in our bank account from the sale of units 10A and 14B means that each owner will be receiving $4,884.27 for each week that you owned. That amount added to the $1,508.62 per week that was previously disbursed for 14D means that we will have netted $6,392.89 for each of our timeshare weeks."

The disbursement will come from Bank of America, on or about Nov 8!!!

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been in contact with Jim? Did anyone get their check for the sale of the second unit yet? I haven't heard from Jim since 9/26/17.

CTPeach - make sure that Jim has your accurate contact info. If you got the first check, and filled out the IRS form he requested, you should be getting the money when we all do.
Sandy

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
CTPeach - make sure that Jim has your accurate contact info. If you got the first check, and filled out the IRS form he requested, you should be getting the money when we all do.
Sandy
I got an email from him on Oct 30 stating he was going into the hospital on Wed Nov 1st and hoped to be coming out by Friday Nov 3rd. The email says we should get a PDF of the screen shot by Nov 8 or 9 showing the mailing address for our check. By Nov 13 Disbursements will be processed on line by BOA.

I haven't got anything from Jim since the Oct 30th email.

Sterling

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an email yesterday, Nov 14, from Jim explaining what happened. Did you get this email Sterling? It includes the breakdown of reimbursement.
Yes I received yesterday's email and got another today requesting a confirmation of the mailing address for the check.

Sterling

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I received yesterday's email and got another today requesting a confirmation of the mailing address for the check.

Sterling

Great! I just see the same email. I am happy with the outcome although I will miss the opportunity to visit the north Shore in our units. But I think this was a great outcome, given that we did not have to list and try to sell the units ourselves. For me, it was almost a wash, getting just a bit less than what I paid many years ago for the unit.