• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nanea Thread/Photos (new resort)

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ok, sorry to encourage this...lets get back to pictures only in this thread. And maybe a mod could move our comments to a different thread to clean it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pgreenberg63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a few shots as of 4/6/17

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 298

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Flyover update: this was released on 4/20
Like those drone videos...

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
IMNSHO - it is ridiculous that they didn't build a full-size pool in this area.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Southdown13 thanks for sharing those awesome pictures.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
IMNSHO - it is ridiculous that they didn't build a full-size pool in this area.
I would agree. It appears at build-out that the pool facilities are really under capacity for the number of units at the resort. That just means that there will be more people spilling over to the facilities at WKORV-N/S.

taffy19

Reaction score
Your pictures are beautiful, tofuyan.

The landscaping is really beautiful too and will only get nicer once everything fills (picture 3687) in but what I would be really upset about is having to look at a roof (picture 6534) beneath me in the center building on the lower floors if they are considered oceanfront too. The purchase price is high enough already and then ending up with looking at a roof down below.

We are spoiled at the MOC as they are true oceanfront condos and at the Hyatt, non of the condos are classified as oceanfront condos but only ocean view or mountain view in the back. I asked them why because the ocean here is just as far back as over there and the view is over the pool too but she told me that they classified them correctly so they will not get complaints. This was before ILG took over this resort, by the way.

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Moderator, please move my comments to the proper thread where they should have been posted. Thank you.

Last edited:

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Quote of deleted post with dead picture links removed]
Interestingly while on a preview there yesterday I asked the Vistana salesperson how much it costs to rent those cabanas per day and she said $100 (they also include a safe, BTW)

I'm sure your figure is correct just a salesperson giving a spiel as usual.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

bbison

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked 3 nights in a 2 BR here to fill before our usual week 52 WKORV. Not sure why (or how it's even available week 51) but we wound up in a 3BR OF
Message_1514338807532.jpg

Though 4410 (and any of the OF building 4) is really more like pool-front.

20171227_080807_HDR.jpg

Nice resort, rooms are OK--but the outside dining doesn't make up for the lack of kitchen counter space. And that one-sink 2nd bathroom (with laundry) would be busy with 6 in here. As it is, there's only 3 of us...can I Air BNB the spare BR? ;)

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Is that really designated ocean front? If so, that's a pretty big stretch. It should be called "pool front" or "ocean view" at best.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea only has 2 views - Ocean Front and Resort View.

Kuttermax

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, Westin Beavercreek, Westin Nanea, Westin Lagunamar
What about "Parking Lot View" - there are a number of rooms with a perfect view of it....

That being said we just got back from two week at WKORVN and toured the Nanea grounds. Overall they are quite nice. It would have been nice to have extended the pool area and limited the size of the pond space. There are a couple of hot tubs in the pond area, but this whole section of the resort was under utilized as everyone was around the pool. It was Christmas and New Year's week when I was there, so it may quite down and open up a little in the weeks to come.

Other observations:

It was difficult to get a dinner reservation at the Westin Nanea. We tried to get a reservation for 6 people on several days notice and could not. My wife and I ended up going alone as we could get a reservation for two. Once we were there only 2/3's of the tables were full, so suspect a lot of cancellations. Food was quite good but decor of restaurant was disappointing and plain and lacking an "upscale" feel. For now would rate Pulehu a notch above it and Duke's above both. Duke's, which already was busy before Nanea opened, was really packed during the holiday weeks.

Nanea is now looped into the Westin shuttle routes.

The beach in from of all the Westin villas have gotten noticeably busier. This year the beach seemed to have shrunk all along Ka'anapali. Not sure if this is season, or related to overall rising ocean levels, but it was really pronounced on the Sheraton side of Blackrock. There used to be a big beach space there and now the water was coming all the way up the sand to where the plants were growing. On the Villa side of the beach there were lots of twigs and branches in the sand this year. I suspect this was related to storms in the weeks prior. No effort was being made to clean any of this up.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It would have been nice to have extended the pool area and limited the size of the pond space. There are a couple of hot tubs in the pond area, but this whole section of the resort was under utilized as everyone was around the pool.
I noticed the same thing at WKORVN. There is a large area of ponds that is underutilized. Similar at Lagunamar. Vistana has a habit of doing this. Probably some permitting requirement.

rubbernyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV
WKORV-NN
Bella
I will be staying at Nanea starting this Wednesday. Are there any particular pictures anyone wants to see that have not been already shown? I will be happy to oblige.

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Since my visit at Nanea in Oct ‘17, some small changes are visible today in March.

At Inu pool bar, they have removed the upholstered bench that sat in front of the bar and looked out into the ocean, with two-tops. There is now more seating/occupancy at Inu than before. Additional tables sprawl out in front and sides.
D2836BE3-46BE-4FF5-897C-3C30333EBC2D.jpeg

06B540AB-3A79-4BD6-A165-0C2E7CD22C1E.jpeg

There is also an information booth constructed next to the children’s pool area/lawn chairs that wasn’t there last year. No pic of that.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question: Are they done with all construction at Nanea?

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Question: Are they done with all construction at Nanea?

Based on a visual assessment, yes/complete. There is now furniture on all of the lanai's and it appears that occupants are in the remaining buildings. Compare that to October '17 when half the resort was clearly closed, and furniture was constantly being unloaded and brought inside to furnish the other units. But still today, its hard to tell how full the resort is. The pool area is not over crowded and it was relatively easy to grab a lounge chair under an umbrella, and the plunge pool area remains underused. It seems to me the resort is not sold out based on the pool usage. KORV staff said *they* are sold out right now, on the other hand./

It seems at this point, its additional little things being added. For example, I just noticed these additions. Has anyone seen this before? I'm going to inquire about it at the owners update, as I didn't see these in Oct. Seems like private cabanas and lounge chairs for OF rooms above Inu and Makua Makai.

IMG_8186.JPG