• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myrtle Beach SC in September

gaile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be in Myrtle Beach in September next year. My choices are between Schooner II beach and racquet club, Seaglass Tower and Jade Tree Cove. I will be in a one bedroom or studio and by myself. My brother tells me I should take Jade Tree Cove because he feels that area is safer than the other 2. Any recommendations? I will be visiting family but want to use my timeshare for the week.
I know Myrtle Beach but in the past I have stayed in the Murrells Inlet area or at the Marriott. I don't need real fancy, just clean, comfortable and safe.
Thanks

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I was in myrtle beach this past week and actually visited two of the three you mentioned. My preference is jade tree cove, it is a small well kept older place and in a perfect location for me, quiet beautiful area. All rooms have oceanfront terraces and there is an outdoor pool. You also get free access to the amenities at ocean dunes right next door.:indoor pool, outdoor pool, sauna, gym, etc. Only a few minute ride to more action. Schooners II is next door to the new Hilton timeshare, nice area too but much more noise and also more conveniences you can walk to. From the look of the building, it looked like some rooms were not oceanfront.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Schooner II twice several years ago (probably almost 20). We liked it a lot, but think it was our first timeshare stay; we rented both times. If my memory serves me correctly, the 2 bedroom units were oceanfront and 1 bedroom were ocean view.

Not sure what shape it is in now, but was walkable to restaurants and main downtown of Myrtle Beach.

Nancy