• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Survey

c2kid69

Reaction score
1) Where do you want your home resort to be?
Unsure at the moment but likely AZ. Currently own in VA but looking to add

2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time?
Trade

3) What are your 5 top trade destinations?
AZ, FL, HI, CO, England

4) How many people do you usually travel with?
2-4

5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule?
Anytime

6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance?
Less likely

7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time?
Yes but future we may need to look at <7 days

8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?
4 or 5

9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing?
Not sure what is reasonable. 5K or more

10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year?
If planned for easily $2k

11) Are you a detail oriented planner?
Yes definitely

12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do?
Yes, having owned for 17 yrs I believe we are familiar with this idea

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?
4 or 5

Only the Hotel affiliated resort systems are consistently 4-5 star across the board, so I would start by looking at the following systems, in AZ:

Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Vistana (Westin/Sheraton.)

An easy way to get started is by looking at the AZ reviews on the TUG Resort and Review pages, so you know what resorts are in AZ.

The reviews are a benefit of TUG membership, so to access them, you will need to join TUG ($15.)

c2kid69

Reaction score
Only the Hotel affiliated resort systems are consistently 4-5 star across the board, so I would start by looking at the following systems, in AZ:

Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Vistana (Westin/Sheraton.)

An easy way to get started is by looking at the AZ reviews on the TUG Resort and Review pages, so you know what resorts are in AZ.

The reviews are a benefit of TUG membership, so to access them, you will need to join TUG ($15.)

In under 30 seconds we have narrowed down our search :clap: Loving this forum already

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Worldmark and Wyndham could also be an option. they have a variety of properties in AZ and in other locations you have mentioned.

England is going to be a tough trade for all systems. Hilton has Scotland NOT England.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Wyndham and own 8 weeks, but it isn't 4-5 Star across the board.

c2kid69

Reaction score
Thanks Denise, and we haven't completely ruled out Wyndham mainly because we like 4 or 5 stars but know it may not always be our best option depending on our flexibility of traveling. Although we have stayed at a Marriott in southern Spain we do know that resorts in Europe including England and Ireland do not always meet those expectations but yet offer comfortable and clean accomadations.

One of the things to consider is Wyndham and the enormous amount of choices it may offer. I haven't gotten into the #'s yet but if they offer say 30 (4 or 5) star resorts in their inventory which is similar to say a Marriott ownership but Wyndham carries another 100 in their entire inventory are we better off.

Time will tell of course but I appreciate all the comments/suggestions and will definitely help in future plans/purchases

c2kid69

Reaction score
England is going to be a tough trade for all systems. Hilton has Scotland NOT England.

I would agree we tried to exchange for numerous years while living in England so likely we will purchase a 2nd home there in the future and stick with TS options for the USA and other parts of the world